PDA

View Full Version : Nole's weapon of choice

pham4313
04-02-2011, 07:09 PM
Pardon me for my ignorance for not searching previous threads, I am just wondering which is the closest thing to Noles weapon of choice out there: PT57A, head liquidmetal radical tour, head youtek radical mp, or the speed mp as advertised.

It looks to me his racket head size is more 98 than 100, and beam width of 21-22mm, and soft flex, standard length. This is somewhat in line with a customed youtek radical mp.

What do you think?

vsbabolat
04-02-2011, 07:25 PM
The closest you could buy in my opinion is the Microgel Radical MP. At least the mold would be correct. It is a regular Radical MP Mold with Nole's own layup.

Check out the beam width and the head shape. It has nothing to do with the Speed line. It is pure Radical MP (not YouTek Radical MP the mold was changed slightly).
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w50/vsbabolat/Djokovic_2011_IW_1.jpg
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w50/vsbabolat/Djokovic_2011_Miami_1.jpg

Fedace
04-02-2011, 07:31 PM
nice looking speed MP. i wonder how much it weighs ?

vsbabolat
04-02-2011, 07:36 PM
nice looking speed MP. i wonder how much it weighs ?

It's not a Speed MP but it has the very nice cosmetics of one and it weighs:360g, balance of 32cm, Swing weight of 371, and with a Flex of 51 RA.

pham4313
04-02-2011, 07:50 PM
Flex of 51 is much lower than any retail head sticks. Just amazing how djokovic gets to every ball with good pace and even sharp angles with his stick.

I could see that his beam is flat like the microgel radical than curvy as in the youtek. But in the above pictures, the beam width looks pretty thick, maybe just visual effect

JoelDali
04-02-2011, 08:21 PM
Scores of Joker ***** buying the Speed MP.

Its sort of sad really.

pug
04-02-2011, 08:52 PM

Its sort of sad really.

Unless you work for Head, then it is really great news! Awe well, at least they can buy the same paint job, so that is kinda cool.

PS. Love your tag line! :twisted::twisted::twisted:

pham4313
04-02-2011, 08:58 PM
What is the beam width?

Beam width is the thickness of the frame, for example, federer tour 90 beam width is 17 mm, while most head prestiges are 21 mm, babolats are a little thicker 22-25 mm

ADIDAS_IS_CLASSIC
04-02-2011, 09:10 PM

Its sort of sad really.
cheers mate :)

Hominator
04-03-2011, 08:56 AM

Its sort of sad really.

Agreed, but it's the same with Rafa fans, too. Pros definitely move product, for better or for worse.

Good thing the IG Speed is still a good stick, even if Djokovic doesn't actually use it.

anhuynh16
04-03-2011, 09:12 AM
EVRYONE its a SPEED PRO. not an ig youtek 18/20. that racket is 2 bad

vsbabolat
04-03-2011, 09:40 AM
EVRYONE its a SPEED PRO. not an ig youtek 18/20. that racket is 2 bad

It's not a Speed Pro either. The Beam is too wide, head is too oval (The Speed Pro is round like the old T2000), and it has a 18x20 string pattern. It is the Radical MP mold.

rovex
04-03-2011, 10:04 AM
The beam is huge, no way is it a speed. Speed's are soo god damn stiff though.

Interestingly, Leif Shiras said djokovic switched racquets at the start of this year. I'm guessing hes just Ill informed and Djokovic just switched to the IG PJ?

pham4313
04-03-2011, 10:28 AM
Is Nole still playing full bed of technifiber biphase? Or has he gone to hybrid already? Looks like his shots have quite some margin over the net, even the flat one (cross court fh) has tremendous spin

Macro80
04-03-2011, 11:22 AM
It's not a Speed Pro either. The Beam is too wide, head is too oval (The Speed Pro is round like the old T2000), and it has a 18x20 string pattern. It is the Radical MP mold.

Speed Pro is 16x19. I just bought two.

Fedace
04-03-2011, 11:30 AM
It's not a Speed MP but it has the very nice cosmetics of one and it weighs:360g, balance of 32cm, Swing weight of 371, and with a Flex of 51 RA.

how is that possible ? Head doesn't make any racket with flex of 51

Doubles
04-03-2011, 11:46 AM
It's custom made for him, simple as that...

Alan_Hill
04-03-2011, 12:35 PM

Is this strung weight or unstrung ? Thanks

Cup8489
04-03-2011, 03:19 PM

Move along, Fedace. Informed people only in this thead.

He uses VS Natural gut and ALU power, mains/crosses, is this correct, VSBabolat?

I love that paintjob.... wishing I could put it on my MG Radical MP lol. It would look awesome.

vsbabolat
04-03-2011, 04:12 PM
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w50/vsbabolat/Djokovic_2010_US_Open_1.jpg
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w50/vsbabolat/Djokovic_2009_US_Open_4-1.jpg

The Baseline
04-03-2011, 04:20 PM
It has to be the microgel Radical MP. It just has to.

TheOC
04-03-2011, 05:47 PM
If you notice the bridge is the same width as the rest of the frame. Microgel and Youtek radicals have a bridge that gets slimmer as it goes towards the middle main strings. He's most likely not using a liquidmetal radical tour as it doesn't have the liquidmetal bumps, however he might be using an old model of the radical tour. Most likely a custom make up with the old radical tour mold

Doubles
04-03-2011, 06:11 PM
If you notice the bridge is the same width as the rest of the frame. Microgel and Youtek radicals have a bridge that gets slimmer as it goes towards the middle main strings. He's most likely not using a liquidmetal radical tour as it doesn't have the liquidmetal bumps, however he might be using an old model of the radical tour. Most likely a custom make up with the old radical tour mold

Yep, that's pretty much the consensus here...

davidl7
04-04-2011, 11:13 PM

Isn't that the spec from last year?

Darren cahill commented that he switched to his old specs, which is lighter, thus allowing him to go back to his old service motion.

F-T-S
04-05-2011, 01:27 AM
Yep, that's pretty much the consensus here...

there doesn't seem to be much consensus..

dr325i
04-05-2011, 03:35 AM
there doesn't seem to be much consensus..

Consensus or not -- the fact is that the mold is from the old Radical Tour that he used, flex is 51 and the weight and balance is not completely known since he added the lead strips inside the hoop. The grip is 4 3/8 + 2 overgrips.

Boricua
04-05-2011, 06:25 AM
Move along, Fedace. Informed people only in this thead.

He uses VS Natural gut and ALU power, mains/crosses, is this correct, VSBabolat?

I love that paintjob.... wishing I could put it on my MG Radical MP lol. It would look awesome.

I dont use Head burt the orange color Radical looks cool also:)

vsbabolat
04-05-2011, 09:11 AM
Consensus or not -- the fact is that the mold is from the old Radical Tour that he used, flex is 51 and the weight and balance is not completely known since he added the lead strips inside the hoop. The grip is 4 3/8 + 2 overgrips.

It's not a Radical Tour Mold. The Old Radical Tour mold (Radical Tour 630 and Radical Tour TwinTube 630) were the same as the Pro Tour 630 (PT57A). The Mold changed for the Radical MP Line in 1999 with the Ti.Radical MP. The Radical MP MOLD has changed again wit the YT Radical MP Mold.

Djokovic's frame is off of the Radical MP Mold. Frames frome the Ti.Radical, i.Radical, and MG Radical Mold.

MethodTennis
04-05-2011, 09:42 AM
who knows? ask him yourself :L

li0scc0
04-07-2011, 08:23 AM
who knows? ask him yourself :L

If he is like most top professional players, HE probably hasn't a clue. :)

JOSTAR
04-07-2011, 06:34 PM
I think he use TGK263.2 with IG Speed 18x20 PJ.

Manus Domini
04-07-2011, 06:36 PM
a katana and wakizashi

Lefty78
04-07-2011, 07:44 PM
It seems like everyone keeps talking about Djokovic's racquet being the Radical Tour mold, but at the risk of splitting hairs, that mold originated with the Radical Trysis 260 MP, not the Radical Tour.

vsbabolat
04-07-2011, 08:07 PM
It seems like everyone keeps talking about Djokovic's racquet being the Radical Tour mold, but at the risk of splitting hairs, that mold originated with the Radical Trysis 260 MP, not the Radical Tour.

In Europe the same racquet (Radical Trisys 260 MP) was called the Radical Tour 630. The Pro Tour 630 was also from the Same mold as the Radical Trisys 260 MP (Radical Tour 630).

Nole's frame is not from that Radical Trisys 260 MP (Radical Tour 630). HEAD changed the Radical MP Mold in 1999 with the Ti.Radical MP. Nole is using a frame from the "Newer" Radical MP mold. But not the YT Radical MP mold.

BDAZ
04-07-2011, 08:14 PM
i think when people say "radical tour" mold, they actually mean "liquidmetal radical tour" mold, as this is what he previously used from head before he went to wilson. not that i'm an expert by any means, but i believe vs is correct that the mold is the same as the ti. through microgel radicals.

CHOcobo
04-07-2011, 10:03 PM
is it me or does his frame just looks smaller than your normal 100 frame? looks more like a 93. even in person at the local shop looks small.

ManuGinobili
04-08-2011, 12:52 AM
What Fedace has over 20,000 posts on this forum and he doesn't know Djokovic doesn't really use the Speed MP?

Lefty78
04-08-2011, 07:11 PM
[QUOTE=vsbabolat;5557459] The Pro Tour 630 was also from the Same mold as the Radical Trisys 260 MP (Radical Tour 630).QUOTE]

You mean other than for the difference in beam?????

Cooper_Tecnifibre4
04-08-2011, 07:38 PM
Beam width is the thickness of the frame, for example, federer tour 90 beam width is 17 mm, while most head prestiges are 21 mm, babolats are a little thicker 22-25 mm

He knows what Beam Width means, he wanted to know what thickness it was.

It does look fairly thick, Like a 22mm

vsbabolat
04-08-2011, 07:52 PM
You mean other than for the difference in beam?????

The beam design is the same. Also AFAIK HEAD had origianlly said they both were 20mm beams back in the day.

Lefty78
04-09-2011, 06:56 AM
^^^ Aside from the fact that I played with the Trysis back in the day, I also had a stack of those frames directly behind my desk during the 2 years I worked with Bosworth. You didn't even need to use a digital caliper to see the difference between that racquet's beam and the PT 630. It was obvious to the naked eye. Trysis was ~22mm.

vsbabolat
04-09-2011, 07:12 AM
^^^ Aside from the fact that I played with the Trysis back in the day, I also had a stack of those frames directly behind my desk during the 2 years I worked with Bosworth. You didn't even need to use a digital caliper to see the difference between that racquet's beam and the PT 630. It was obvious to the naked eye. Trysis was ~22mm.

I disagree with you. I had back in the day the Radical Trisys 260 and the Pro Tour 280 MP. I still have a Radical Tour TwinTube 630 and several Pro Tour 280/630 and they are the same mold as the Radical Trisys 260 MP. The Pro Tour 280, the Radical Trisys 260, and Radical Tour TwinTube 630 all took the same orginal traditional style grommets. I will get the package for you when I locate them and post photos. The Radical Trisys 260 and the Radical Tour were not 22mm. I think you are confusing the Radical Trisys 260 MP and Oversize beam widths. Because the Oversize was wider.

From my 1994 HEAD catalog:
Radical Trisys 260:

Head Size
Midplus: 97 sq.in.
Oversize: 107sq.in.

Cross Section
Midplus: 20mm
Oversize: 21mm

Weight: Unstrung
Midplus: 11.4 oz.
Oversize: 11.3 oz.

Balance
Midplus: 315mm
Oversize: 315 mm

String Pattern
Midplus: 18/20
Oversize: 18/19

Grip Sizes
1-5

HEAD redesigned the Radical MP MOLD for 1999. HEAD made the Ti.Radical MP beam wider than the Original.

Lefty78
04-09-2011, 08:42 AM
First of all VS, you shouldn't believe everything you read. When Donnay introduced new frames last year for example, they tried telling us the racquets were all 15mm straight beams, which of course they weren't.

In fact, a typical PT 630 doesn't even have a 20mm constant beam. Those frames are ~20mm in the head, ~20.5mm in the middle of the throat, and ~21mm at the base of the throat.

Additionally, just because I mentioned that you don't need to measure the racquets to see the difference in beam doesn't mean that I haven't measured them. I just looked up an old email that I wrote to a friend last year. He had specifically asked about the beam of several models, so I measured them and told him exactly what the electronic digital guage read. There is ~ 1.5mm difference between the two frames in question, FYI.

And no, I was not referring to the OS!

vsbabolat
04-09-2011, 08:53 AM
You didn't even need to use a digital caliper to see the difference between that racquet's beam and the PT 630. It was obvious to the naked eye. Trysis was ~22mm.

The Pro Tour 630 and the Radical Trisys MP is the same mold. You can't see a difference with the naked eye. From HEAD, when new from the factory they were they were fitted with the exact same TK grommets number. They take the same TK57 C.A.P grommets the same way. No Mod, no forcing, and they have the same grommet channel design. They slide right in perfectly.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w50/vsbabolat/HEAD_RadicalPro_Tour_1.jpg
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w50/vsbabolat/HEAD_RadicalPro_Tour_2.jpg

kiteboard
04-09-2011, 09:27 AM
Unless you work for Head, then it is really great news! Awe well, at least they can buy the same paint job, so that is kinda cool.

PS. Love your tag line! :twisted::twisted::twisted:

Why don't you come down to san pablo and I'll serve you with a defamation suit. Or have you forgotten the stolen pic you put up, with the tag line: he's on peds? I'll be there sun as well at 1, unless you're a little pus ssy. Any of you lost 11lbs in one tourny match? Anyone who can get me this guy's service address I will split any money from the defamation suit. Why did't Tw ban you for stealing and posting that pic anyway? It's a bannable offense if I ever saw one, and it is something that is actionable: using my likeness on this forum, on tw, without my or Yandell's permission, stolen from his site, placing tw at risk for a subpoena, and the only way you knew it was me is if you are coming down to the courts I play at, so you are local. A defamation suit is not a threat of violence, it's a question of defending your name/character, against punks like this. So I reiterate: I offer 1/2 any money collected off the suit for his/her service address/name. I'm sure someone I know has the info.

marosmith
04-09-2011, 07:48 PM
Why don't you come down to san pablo and I'll serve you with a defamation suit. Or have you forgotten the stolen pic you put up, with the tag line: he's on peds? I'll be there sun as well at 1, unless you're a little pus ssy. Any of you lost 11lbs in one tourny match? Anyone who can get me this guy's service address I will split any money from the defamation suit. Why did't Tw ban you for stealing and posting that pic anyway? It's a bannable offense if I ever saw one, and it is something that is actionable: using my likeness on this forum, on tw, without my or Yandell's permission, stolen from his site, placing tw at risk for a subpoena, and the only way you knew it was me is if you are coming down to the courts I play at, so you are local. A defamation suit is not a threat of violence, it's a question of defending your name/character, against punks like this. So I reiterate: I offer 1/2 any money collected off the suit for his/her service address/name. I'm sure someone I know has the info.

Every time you threaten to sue people I am pretty sure that makes everyone on this forum hate you more- if that's possible.

kiteboard
04-09-2011, 08:09 PM
You know her name, and why don't you collect on the reward? That's one of the things that make me different than most online here, I will sue. And I would win, for totally illegal unlicensed use of my likeness, my pics, and defamation of character, which has cost me status, anxiety, loss of sleep, and loss of income as well. That's the brief. This tag line stuff (saved to disc) will just add more fuel to the case. As soon as I get the id, the suit will be served. Alameda superior court, northern division, room 564, Hayward courthouse. Judge David Hunter will preside. Her legal bill will be about $30k, and she will lose. You know why? She's guilty, and the post, along with emails to people like you, can all be part of the case. (Deleting them won't help, they are all retrievable, so email away.) I guess you really hate the idea, that your buddy does not have the right to smear me without paying for it. The only people who hate me are those who have messed with me, and been paid back for it. I don't mess with anyone first, I just mess last. First cause of action: unlicensed use of my likeness, with the malicious intention to cause me harm. Second cause of action: defamation of character, causing anxiety, loss of sleep, loss of status:( as your post proves, causing people to hate me, ie,) loss of income, time off work to deal with the case. It's typed and ready to go. So tell your buddy to come on down. And why hasn't tw banned pug for those offenses?

volleynets
04-09-2011, 08:30 PM
You know her name, and why don't you collect on the reward? That's one of the things that make me different than most online here, I will sue. And I would win, for totally illegal unlicensed use of my likeness, my pics, and defamation of character, which has cost me status, anxiety, loss of sleep, and loss of income as well. That's the brief. This tag line stuff (saved to disc) will just add more fuel to the case. As soon as I get the id, the suit will be served. Alameda superior court, northern division, room 564, Hayward courthouse. Judge David Hunter will preside. Her legal bill will be about $30k, and she will lose. You know why? She's guilty, and the post, along with emails to people like you, can all be part of the case. (Deleting them won't help, they are all retrievable, so email away.) I guess you really hate the idea, that your buddy does not have the right to smear me without paying for it. The only people who hate me are those who have messed with me, and been paid back for it. I don't mess with anyone first, I just mess last. First cause of action: unlicensed use of my likeness, with the malicious intention to cause me harm. Second cause of action: defamation of character, causing anxiety, loss of sleep, loss of status:( as your post proves, causing people to hate me, ie,) loss of income, time off work to deal with the case. It's typed and ready to go. So tell your buddy to come on down. And why hasn't tw banned pug for those offenses?

:confused: loss of income lmfao.

dr325i
04-09-2011, 11:15 PM
:confused: loss of income lmfao.

I am going to sue him for being an idiot and ruining a nice thread, and emotionally disturbing me. Just ignore that old freak.

timmeh
04-10-2011, 03:57 AM

Um, what? Is this guy for real? LMAO.

Macro80
04-10-2011, 03:48 PM
Lol! What a complete chode!!

JoelDali
04-10-2011, 03:59 PM
Throating(tm).

GOAT of scary threats.

Doubles
04-10-2011, 04:21 PM
Throating(tm).

GOAT of scary threats.

Comments like this are the reason that you are the best poster on here...

JoelDali
04-10-2011, 05:31 PM
Comments like this are the reason that you are the best poster on here...

Thanks.

If you put your mind to it you can achieve anything.

Trollery or Art.

You can troll or you can create poasts of Art.

But you can't do both.

stringertom
04-11-2011, 07:43 AM
Please Kiteboard, pull a Rodney King, drink some chamomile and call your shrink in the AM. Also, a GHOAT over that angry dome of yours would be another great antidote for your angst.

aphex
04-12-2011, 01:23 AM

ok, I need to know the background to this epic post...can someone fill me in?

stringertom
04-12-2011, 07:43 AM
ok, I need to know the background to this epic post...can someone fill me in?

I, too, jumped in after the fecal/airmover impact zone. However, it's like rubbernecking at the accident scene...I just drive on when it's really gory.

ignorant
04-15-2011, 01:28 AM
Sorry if i hijacking this post, recently i brought a yt rad mp ,and i have one spare Microgel Prestige CAP grommet, i've heard that can use on the rad, so i try, i found it is not completely fit on the racquet, as the CAP grommet is too big,it fit,but the tube of grommet can not go in the hole, does it will affect to string the rkt ,e.g. tied the knots ?
Sorry for my bad English

anyone can help?
Thanks !

LPShanet
04-15-2011, 01:08 PM
Throating(tm).

GOAT of scary threats.

Maybe we can draw up some kind of chart (I'm thinking pie) of the ratio of lawsuits threatened by anyone on various TT boards, to how many have actually been brought/filed.

In fact, if no one takes a crack at such a chart, I'm going to sue everyone here on TT for lack of disclosure!

LinePainter
07-03-2011, 10:58 PM
Its a nice added touch if a pro "uses" your stick of choice. I love the YT IG Speed MP 18x20 just fits my playing style. It feels kinda cool when the #1 player endorses your stick.

However, I see 3.0 players buying Tour 90s and I shake my head when they complain that its the racquet and such. There are some pros and cons

LinePainter
07-03-2011, 11:01 PM
Didn't he used to use a Full bed of x-one biphase. correct me if im wrong. they dont ever talk about his strings

Schwelli
07-04-2011, 12:10 AM
He did but he changed that a while ago.

dado90
07-04-2011, 12:36 AM
Didn't he used to use a Full bed of x-one biphase. correct me if im wrong. they dont ever talk about his strings

novak was using x one biphase till the end of 2007 season.Starting with 2008 season he changed to gut and alu power hybrid

stronzzi70
07-04-2011, 03:29 PM
VS BABOLAT is MG RADICAL MP MOLD, then I believe that at 100 %.

Hidious
07-04-2011, 03:47 PM
VS BABOLAT is MG RADICAL MP MOLD, then I believe that at 100 %.

It's an older Radical mold, i think the Microgel Rad has a tapered bridge...

TaihtDuhShaat
07-04-2011, 07:22 PM
After watching many matches and examining close-up pictures, I'm fairly certain Djokovic is using a custom frame made from the Ti.Radical MP mold.

klementine79
07-04-2011, 07:39 PM
To me it looks larger than 100sq.in...., but it could be the 'white'..... definately a custom rad mold.

Miso
07-04-2011, 10:45 PM
what's the difference between his racket and the ig? obviously the ugly stop-sign racket isn't his but the ig and his so called pj look relatively the same. i just don't see the difference really, is it in the throat or something?

dr325i
07-04-2011, 11:08 PM
what's the difference between his racket and the ig? obviously the ugly stop-sign racket isn't his but the ig and his so called pj look relatively the same. i just don't see the difference really, is it in the throat or something?

Beam, Head shape, throat area from outside.
flex and much more specs-wise

Miso
07-04-2011, 11:15 PM
are you sure?

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showpost.php?p=5341591&postcount=31

I look at that, then look at the djoko pic in this thread. I'm not seeing it. Of course, i wouldn't see weight, sw, etc etc. buuuut the shape etc, i don't notice the differences.

i don't own a ig, nor want one. i just don't see what you all are seeing.

dr325i
07-04-2011, 11:17 PM
are you sure?

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showpost.php?p=5341591&postcount=31

I look at that, then look at the djoko pic in this thread. I'm not seeing it. Of course, i wouldn't see weight, sw, etc etc. buuuut the shape etc, i don't notice the differences.

i don't own a ig, nor want one. i just don't see what you all are seeing.

Definitely the beam width, the head is elongated just like the old Radical Tour and not rounded like the Speed...

vsbabolat
07-05-2011, 06:16 AM
Djokovic is not using the Radical Tour 630 MOLD. Djokovic's frames are from the same MOLD as the Ti. Radical MP, i.Radical MP, and MG Radical MP. The Radical Tour 630 used the same mold as the Pro Tour 630.

Hidious
07-06-2011, 01:50 PM
Djokovic is not using the Radical Tour 630 MOLD. Djokovic's frames are from the same MOLD as the Ti. Radical MP, i.Radical MP, and MG Radical MP. The Radical Tour 630 used the same mold as the Pro Tour 630.

Hmmm, i'll take good note of that, i've been thinking for a long time that it was the Rad 630 mold. Makes sense because otherwise it would just be a PT57A with a different layup i guess?

adidasman
07-07-2011, 11:39 AM
Beam, Head shape, throat area from outside.
flex and much more specs-wise Yeah, but aside from that - they're identical, right? :)

What y'all know about these frames is simultaneously amazing and terrifying. Not to mention the litigious nature and unchecked hostility of a select few of you. Wow. It's a crazy world, innit?

CANTGETENOUGHTENNIS!
07-07-2011, 07:17 PM
personally i think its looks like something out of the liquidmetal line. thoughts????

vsbabolat
07-08-2011, 09:46 AM
personally i think its looks like something out of the liquidmetal line. thoughts????

He did use the LiquidMetal Radical MP. The Ti.Radical MP, i.Radical MP, and MG Radical Mp is the same mold only without the Liquidmetal ridges. Djokovic's Frame is from the Ti.Radical MP, i.Radical MP, and MG Radical MP mold with his own personal layup.

CDestroyer
07-08-2011, 09:52 AM
What Fedace has over 20,000 posts on this forum and he doesn't know Djokovic doesn't really use the Speed MP?

He always plays dumb. Real cool/funny huh?