PDA

View Full Version : Roger needs more power.....

ALL IN
04-03-2011, 12:15 AM
If he's going to dictate points and beat Nadal on the slower surfaces. his forehand wasn't penetrating the court and his backhand was being overwhelmed. He couldn't hit through Rafa like Berdych did the night before or the way Delpo did in the 09USO. It's starting to look like one of the very few ways to beat Rafa on anything less than a fast court. There are many rackets in the market, preferably with a slightly larger head size, that could possibly provide him with more power with similar control.

Devilito
04-03-2011, 12:20 AM
If he's going to dictate points and beat Nadal on the slower surfaces. his forehand wasn't penetrating the court and his backhand was being overwhelmed. He couldn't hit through Rafa like Berdych did the night before or the way Delpo did in the 09USO. It's starting to look like one of the very few ways to beat Rafa on anything less than a fast court. There are many rackets in the market, preferably with a slightly larger head size, that could possibly provide him with more power with similar control.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Film/Pix/pictures/2008/09/22/simple_jack_poster460.jpg

OHAI
04-03-2011, 12:32 AM
http://i54.tinypic.com/11cd4qg.jpg

ADIDAS_IS_CLASSIC
04-03-2011, 01:48 AM
I think he needs a new body ;)

Jeepers
04-03-2011, 02:43 AM
His power comes from his pony tail

Povl Carstensen
04-03-2011, 03:12 AM
But its true, with a 100" racket, he might be able to hit it over the fence.

dominikk1985
04-03-2011, 03:14 AM
he needs rafas pants.

dominikk1985
04-03-2011, 03:15 AM
But its true, with a 100" racket, he might be able to hit it over the fence.

cool home run shanks:D.

sruckauf
04-03-2011, 08:54 AM
Roger just needs to whip a little water into his omelettes to make them fluffier. Cook's secret.

Then he can get back to GOOATing.

big ted
04-03-2011, 02:48 PM
normally i dont agree with threads saying a player should change racquets when they lose, but watching tennis over the past few years and the finals today, it may not be an bad idea to try out a racquet with a frame a bit bigger. i dont see roger beating either of the top 2 on slower courts. im sure wilson would be more than happy to make whatever he wants. it seems to me the game has changed so much in even the last 5 years with the power and spin, a 90sq in racquet seems a little outdated in this day and age. the way joker-nadal played that final, if roger played either one of them 10 times on that court, he would lose at least 8 times each imo. too many mishits and not enough power. for someone to use a 90sq in racquet in 2011 seems like a disadvantage to me these days... im not saying it will fix his problems, but it wouldnt hurt to try..

Satch
04-03-2011, 02:53 PM
He doesn't care anymore you can see that in his game, no heart no emotions...

Wouldn't be surprised if he retire before 2012 to spend more time with his family, he is a father now.

ALL IN
04-03-2011, 07:33 PM
normally i dont agree with threads saying a player should change racquets when they lose, but watching tennis over the past few years and the finals today, it may not be an bad idea to try out a racquet with a frame a bit bigger. i dont see roger beating either of the top 2 on slower courts. im sure wilson would be more than happy to make whatever he wants. it seems to me the game has changed so much in even the last 5 years with the power and spin, a 90sq in racquet seems a little outdated in this day and age. the way joker-nadal played that final, if roger played either one of them 10 times on that court, he would lose at least 8 times each imo. too many mishits and not enough power. for someone to use a 90sq in racquet in 2011 seems like a disadvantage to me these days... im not saying it will fix his problems, but it wouldnt hurt to try..

My thoughts exactly.

decades
04-03-2011, 08:30 PM
he just needs his 2005 body back that's all.

SirGounder
04-03-2011, 09:55 PM
His power comes from his pony tail

That's what I've been saying. Long hair Fed>>>>Short hair Fed

Mkie7
04-03-2011, 10:44 PM
I think quite a few players went through slumps and came back. Both Nole and Rafa did. Federer did as well. Murray, Soderling, Delpo will make a come back eventually. How about Davydenko's run not so long ago?

I don't know how people have such short memory and write players off so fast. All of these guys will always have a chance to get to the top if they work for it. Federer's story and achievements is still and on going one as far as I am concerned.

Nole has the momentum at the moment. Rafa could have had the game today. It was close. Federer needs to add more power, consistency and his first serves to beat these two guys and others as well.

Should be an interesting year. What's Federer's answer to all this. I do like the fact that Nole has stepped up. I'd like to see Murray and Delpo in the mix as well.

Cooper_Tecnifibre4
04-03-2011, 11:08 PM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgWRvp09yX7J5p0AIV5H6dqr65Dnprz EwxTKs1ZPxOGS6mh7a5

rosenstar
04-04-2011, 05:18 AM

He needs better footwork and to get faster IMHO

Legend of Borg
04-04-2011, 05:20 AM

EPIPHANY BRO!

junk
04-04-2011, 05:41 AM
Why is it so hard to realize that Federer's dominance is over? no matter what stick he plays or how he plays, beating such an in-form Novak is almost impossible... Rafa played very well but couldn't beat him. Sure, it's too early to write Roger off - he will still win tournaments, he might get another couple of Grand Slams, he might even get back to number 1 (Rafa might get injured, Nole could go on a slump...) but I can bet a farm that Roger is not going to dominate tennis anymore. Andre Agassi was still number 1 and won AO in 2003 but he didn't dominate tennis - and Roger won't dominate tennis anymore... He should just play whatever racquet is most comfortable for his game and hope to stay healthy - more titles will come, giving us fans more moments to enjoy the master at work

pmerk34
04-04-2011, 05:59 AM
EPIPHANY BRO!

I will say one thing: it is telling how well Novak handles Nadals' strokes to his bh side as opposed to how poorly Roger does.

F-T-S
04-05-2011, 01:06 AM
I will say one thing: it is telling how well Novak handles Nadals' strokes to his bh side as opposed to how poorly Roger does.

Results don't lie.

Sentinel
04-05-2011, 01:14 AM
he just needs his 2005 body back that's all.
or how about a court that doesn't bounce like a trampoline ? :twisted:

F-T-S
04-05-2011, 01:23 AM
well out of those three changes one is a lot easier to make..

Power Player
04-05-2011, 06:55 AM
If everyone here and on the Tour does not use a 95 or larger, they should quit tennis instantly or face withering defeat from the superior 100 inch oval warriors.

Rickenbacker4003
04-05-2011, 07:37 AM
or how about a court that doesn't bounce like a trampoline ? :twisted:

Well then you're doomed.