PDA

View Full Version : blowing fingers

0.2RatedPlayer
06-21-2005, 09:08 PM
why do people do it? they think theyre hotshots or somethin? jk :p hehe. i know at bowling alleys they have some finger blowers. its understandable for bowling since your fingers are inside the ball and everything. do you guys blow your fingers?

ATXtennisaddict
06-21-2005, 09:31 PM
If there's lots of friction between my hand and the grip,sometimes.

mistapooh
06-21-2005, 11:56 PM
Like blowing your fingers before a serve? I think it's like a habit or maybe superstition. Maybe to make you more focus when hitting, sorta like placing the ball near the stringbed before you toss the ball.

babar
06-22-2005, 07:55 AM
I do it to quick-dry some of the sweat on my fingers. I tend to wipe away beads of sweat sometimes like Sampras used to do, by running my fingers along my brow or down the side of my face and flick the sweat away. Plus it helps me to concentrate and focus and forces me to breathe normally.

Rickson
06-22-2005, 08:32 AM
They think it can help dry their little fingers.

Geezer Guy
06-22-2005, 11:28 AM
Well, I started doing it because my hand sweats a lot and I thought it would help dry it out. Now, it's just a habit. If I can remember, I'll try to stop and see if it makes a difference. (I'm not one of those guys that carries a towel back to the baseline with him.)

When I first saw this thread I thought it was about the "blowing on your thumb and wiggling your fingers" jesture, that's kinda like the bird but not quite as angry.

TwistServe
06-22-2005, 11:31 AM
This is very inappriopiate topic for the forums. There are kids reading these boards!!!!!

Geezer Guy
06-22-2005, 11:32 AM
or, how about this...

my hand sweats a lot.
it makuth me lose my grip.
i blow in my palm.

diredesire
06-22-2005, 01:39 PM
Nice haiku...

It's just a habit/ritual/relaxation technique. It also helps to dry off the fingers... it might help someone relax and keep their shots flowin'... who can really knock that?

SageOfDeath
06-22-2005, 04:52 PM
This is very inappriopiate topic for the forums. There are kids reading these boards!!!!!

Can you say +1?????

Its like bouncing the ball before you serve. Same effect cept you kinda dry your fingers a little I guess.

zorg
06-22-2005, 04:59 PM
I do it when there is a lot of friction on my hand. Since I use Wilson Pro, wich is a tacky grip, it makes my hands very hot, which kinda hurts. So I blow on them, just for a second of releif from the pain.