PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't Nadal change his racquet?

mtommer
04-04-2011, 11:02 AM
I saw Djokovic beat Nadal yesterday. That's twice now that Nadal has lost to Djokovic. I also saw Nadal shank balls. Clearly Nadal needs to switch to a larger sized racquet. With Federer using a 90 sq in racquet and not winning, Nadal using a 100 sq in racquet and not winning, maybe they both need to switch to 110 sq inches, or maybe just get a WEED as the 10 sq in jump just doesn't seem to be enough to win tournaments in today's more modern than 2010 game.

eidolonshinobi
04-04-2011, 11:09 AM
I saw Djokovic beat Nadal yesterday. That's twice now that Nadal has lost to Djokovic. I also saw Nadal shank balls. Clearly Nadal needs to switch to a larger sized racquet. With Federer using a 90 sq in racquet and not winning, Nadal using a 100 sq in racquet and not winning, maybe they both need to switch to 110 sq inches, or maybe just get a WEED as the 10 sq in jump just doesn't seem to be enough to win tournaments in today's more modern than 2010 game.

Yes, because bigger racquets = better game :rolleyes:

sureshs
04-04-2011, 11:20 AM
I think just moving to 105 sq inch is enough for Nadal to avoid shanking.

ucr_tennis90
04-04-2011, 11:31 AM
i see what you did there

mtommer
04-04-2011, 11:41 AM
I think just moving to 105 sq inch is enough for Nadal to avoid shanking.

How so? Federer uses a 90 sq in racquet and shanks. Nadal uses 100 sq inches and shanks. I'm sorry but clearly going up 10 sq in, let alone 5, is not enough to stop causing shanks.

Cup8489
04-04-2011, 01:23 PM
Logic Fail.

Can these stupid threads stop popping up? People were saying that 100 sq in is perfect for the modern game, and now suddenly it isnt?

God, everyone here is so forgetful..

skiracer55
04-04-2011, 01:29 PM
Logic Fail.

Can these stupid threads stop popping up? People were saying that 100 sq in is perfect for the modern game, and now suddenly it isnt?

God, everyone here is so forgetful..

...he actually switched to the racket he's using because it had a bigger head than his old racket. So he lost a couple of matches to The Joker, who is playing out of his mind right now...things'll change. I also think you could say the same thing about Federer, but I think thing's change for him too. Prediction: no further racket changes, this year, for any of the big three...Nadal wins the French, Federer wins Wimbledon, Djokovich wins the US Open...

Seth
04-04-2011, 01:33 PM
I'm pretty sure mtommer is goofing around.

sruckauf
04-04-2011, 01:35 PM
too funny mtommer

http://www.mamapop.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/ashton-punked.jpg

Cup8489
04-04-2011, 01:36 PM
...he actually switched to the racket he's using because it had a bigger head than his old racket. So he lost a couple of matches to The Joker, who is playing out of his mind right now...things'll change. I also think you could say the same thing about Federer, but I think thing's change for him too. Prediction: no further racket changes, this year, for any of the big three...Nadal wins the French, Federer wins Wimbledon, Djokovich wins the US Open...

What? has he not used a 100 sq in racquet his ENTIRE career?

The Baseline
04-04-2011, 02:04 PM
How so? Federer uses a 90 sq in racquet and shanks. Nadal uses 100 sq inches and shanks. I'm sorry but clearly going up 10 sq in, let alone 5, is not enough to stop causing shanks.

Control is everything on tour. Everyone can hit with pace, but its the ones who use angles and control the ball that end up on top. Look at Federer, he uses the smallest headsize and is the best shotmaker of all time. Smaller head sizes offer more extreme angles and precision. Im just suprised we dont see more players frames on tour to be honest.

sureshs
04-04-2011, 02:05 PM
Look at Federer, he uses the smallest headsize and is the best shotmaker of all time.

I don't agree

The Baseline
04-04-2011, 02:10 PM
I don't agree

You dont have to agree, but its still a fact of life.

sureshs
04-04-2011, 02:11 PM
I agree with the fact that he uses the smallest headsize :-)

The Baseline
04-04-2011, 02:13 PM
I agree with the fact that he uses the smallest headsize :-)

so name those players who were better shotmakers

SStrikerR
04-04-2011, 02:28 PM
You're arguing with Sureshs. Quit while you're behind. Anyway, this topic is stupid.

skiracer55
04-04-2011, 04:04 PM
What? has he not used a 100 sq in racquet his ENTIRE career?

...I dunno what it was, but he was using a 95 up until a couple of seasons ago...and we all know what happened after that...any more questions?

skiracer55
04-04-2011, 04:08 PM
I don't agree

...that Federer is one of the best, if not the best, shotmaker of all time. But guess what? He ain't won much of anything lately, and The Joker really waxed his *** in the Australian. My advice to Roger: Change somethiing, where the simplest thing to change is the racket. You have the time, Wilson makes a ton of rackets...if you don't like what's in their current line, have them make up something that is a little bit bigger to your specs...what have you got to lose? Besides the next 4 Grand Slams, that is...

mtommer
04-04-2011, 04:19 PM
...I dunno what it was, but he was using a 95 up until a couple of seasons ago...and we all know what happened after that...any more questions?

and we all know what's happening now. Kinda' seems like it's paralleling Federer's current course and this is only the beginning of the year really. I don't think Nadal should feel good about his chances at the French Open this year. Like all technology, today's racquets are obsolete after three months.

y12.pats
04-04-2011, 04:49 PM
wow. i cant believe this. he lost two matches… two close matches and people already want him to start switching racquets!

FedererBestTennis
04-04-2011, 05:30 PM
You guys are all wrong! This is what he should use: http://www.doittennis.com/images/lg/weed-zone-35-ext-oversized-tennis-racquet.jpg

Zimtack
04-04-2011, 05:33 PM
je shold change to a blx cierzo 2, perfect raquet for him

FedererBestTennis
04-04-2011, 06:00 PM
Even better: http://www.france24.com/en/files/imagecache/aef_ct_wire_image/images/afp/photo_1287020332333-1-0.jpg

Timbo's hopeless slice
04-04-2011, 09:31 PM
its a joke, you nitwits!

sheesh

Power Player
04-04-2011, 09:33 PM
Best thing about threads like this Is that they highlight the people that are insane rather clearly.

BreakPoint
04-04-2011, 11:37 PM
Why not just use a racquet that's big enough to cover the entire area of your side of the court? There's no way you can shank a ball then, right? As long as your opponent hits the ball inside the lines, it's going to hit your racquet so you can't possibly miss. :)

F-T-S
04-05-2011, 12:25 AM
the problem is the law of diminishing returns and the equal loss of control

baseline_monster
04-05-2011, 01:35 AM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahhahahahah! are people that desperate to make there post count higher they make silly threads like this!?

MixieP
04-05-2011, 01:46 AM
Big racket, small racket - what does it matter, Rafa is done winning slams. Deal with it. He needs a new spirit. That's what's broken. He may win one of the smaller clay tournaments but if he'll be up against Nole in the RG final he has absolutely no chance. Let's face it, if he couldn't outlast Djokovic in three sets on HC, how in the heck is he going to hack it in five sets on clay? No way, Rafa is just too physically weak in comparison to Novak. Rafa needs a new spirit, he also needs new and bigger muscles and larger lungs. And it ain't gonna happen in a jiffy. Ajde Nole!

Roddickfan155
04-05-2011, 07:06 AM
watching the ball and footwork could possibly help shanks..not head size..god people wake up

MethodTennis
04-05-2011, 08:44 AM

:-/ this was a really poor attempt at hummor

mtommer
04-05-2011, 02:21 PM
:-/ this was a really poor attempt at hummor

It was not :p

nCode747
04-07-2011, 09:19 PM
If he changes anything with his racquet there's not a chance in hell that you'll hear about it. Wilson is making too much money selling BLX 90's to 3.0 players.

Dreamcastin
04-07-2011, 09:34 PM
If he changes anything with his racquet there's not a chance in hell that you'll hear about it. Wilson is making too much money selling BLX 90's to 3.0 players.

whys that, they could just admit he changed, sell an entire new racquet to the same people who would then promptly through the "worthless" 90 in the trash.:)

autumn_leaf
04-07-2011, 09:50 PM
wow. i can't believe people took this seriously. ya'll need to chill out and remember that there is a thing called satire.

Shangri La
04-07-2011, 11:01 PM
Nadal doesnt need to change his racquet because he's still world number one, just like Fed didnt need to change when he was number one. But now, Fed needs a bigger racquet more than anybody else.

BreakPoint
04-07-2011, 11:56 PM
Nadal doesnt need to change his racquet because he's still world number one, just like Fed didnt need to change when he was number one. But now, Fed needs a bigger racquet more than anybody else.
How about Roddick? He's not even in the Top 10 anymore. Doesn't he need an even bigger racquet then?

And don't even get me started on Blake. From Top 5 to not even being in the Top 150. I guess that must mean Blake should switch to a 200 sq. in. racquet, right?

GasquetGOAT
04-08-2011, 05:10 AM
Stop arguing people. How about we just let Federer use Nadal's racquet while Nadal switches to maybe Agassi or Chang's racquet. That way between the Roger and Rafa they only need to find one new racquet. Everyones happy.

Shangri La
04-08-2011, 04:20 PM
How about Roddick? He's not even in the Top 10 anymore. Doesn't he need an even bigger racquet then?

And don't even get me started on Blake. From Top 5 to not even being in the Top 150. I guess that must mean Blake should switch to a 200 sq. in. racquet, right?

Just like pretty much everything else, benefit of a bigger sized racuqet has diminishing returns. Fed is the one will benefit from a bigger frame the most especially when he starts to lose a step. Djokovic/Nadal are taking full advantage of every extra sq in every time they play/beat Fed.

magnut
04-08-2011, 10:34 PM
I kinda agree with the OP. If Nadal or Federer really want to win a Grand Slam they will call up Rocket and borrow some Chemolds or Maxplys.

They are just way too stuborn.

LPShanet
04-08-2011, 11:53 PM

Not sure what you're talking about. Nadal hasn't switched racquets at all since 2004. And before that he used the Pure Drive, which is also 100 Sq In.

BTW, nice thread, mtommer. Very funny:)

Djokolate
04-09-2011, 02:05 AM
If this is a serious thread:
Think how much more errors Roger and Nadal would hit with a bigger racquet.
If this is a joke thread:
You are epic lol.