PDA

View Full Version : Djokovic actual racquet?

bfactor61
04-04-2011, 02:03 PM
This guy is absolutely on fire. What frame is he actually using? Or under his paint job.

This is what TW says:http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Head_YOUTEK_IG_Speed_18x20/descpageRCHEAD-HS18.html

100sq inch head???

Cup8489
04-04-2011, 02:21 PM
this topic has been discussed to death...

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?p=5545917#post5545917

The Baseline
04-04-2011, 03:01 PM
Im still guessing that he is using a leaded up modified microgel radical MP--just by looking at the beam width

Hidious
04-04-2011, 03:59 PM
Im still guessing that he is using a leaded up modified microgel radical MP--just by looking at the beam width

Some people have disprove this theory by looking at the bridge width.

Gimmick
04-04-2011, 04:40 PM
It's the same racquet Andy Murray was using the first two times he beat Fed. Too bad he hurt his wrist and switched or he would be on top instead.

stringertom
04-04-2011, 09:53 PM
It's the same racquet Andy Murray was using the first two times he beat Fed. Too bad he hurt his wrist and switched or he would be on top instead.

The only thing Murray is on top of is a mountain of mental garbage that allows him to lose in consecutive 1000 Series events to journeymen Americans outside the top 100. In straight sets. Routined by the ambulance-chasing law firm Baghdatis, Young & Bogolov. When was the phrase " Game and set, Mr. Murray" last uttered? In the middle of January, 2&1/2 months ago! Nine sets played, nine sets lost. What kind of racquet could change all that? I want one of those!

Gimmick
04-05-2011, 05:29 AM
The only thing Murray is on top of is a mountain of mental garbage that allows him to lose in consecutive 1000 Series events to journeymen Americans outside the top 100. In straight sets. Routined by the ambulance-chasing law firm Baghdatis, Young & Bogolov. When was the phrase " Game and set, Mr. Murray" last uttered? In the middle of January, 2&1/2 months ago! Nine sets played, nine sets lost. What kind of racquet could change all that? I want one of those!

All this anger for Andy, and yet you're using the closest retail equivalent of Murray's current racquet. Could it be you wished for a better career from one of your favorites like I did?

NeverGassed1212
04-05-2011, 12:06 PM
I will throw my conspiracy theory out there and say that it is a modified prestige mold. At first glance it seems like all the lead is sort of oddly placed but it seems to start where the bumper ends and extends the rest of the length of the grommets. My theory would be that this is a substitute for the lost weight of the CAP grommets. I am pretty sure the guys at Head knew CAP grommets would be a dead give away and nobody would buy the speed line.

Power Player
04-05-2011, 12:17 PM
I would guess PT630 with open pattern.

ryushen21
04-05-2011, 12:33 PM
Radical MOLD, appx. 360g with an RA around 50

stringertom
04-05-2011, 01:06 PM
All this anger for Andy, and yet you're using the closest retail equivalent of Murray's current racquet. Could it be you wished for a better career from one of your favorites like I did?

Hemingway defined courage as grace under pressure. I have no anger for Murray, only disappointment. According to Hemingway's definition, Murray's not the courageous mate you want next to you in a foxhole with the world blowing up around you. He has reacted in the worst way to his own disappointments. He has anger, he has denial...when he gets some stones between his legs and accepts the shallow personal inventory he is accountable for, then he shall proceed. Nothing less will succeed.
My choice of frames is purely coincidental. My post was an attempt to make light of the claim by another TTer that Murray's problems stem from his stick rather than his childish shticks.