PDA

View Full Version : LM Prestige MP vs. LM Instinct power ratings in TW review

rooski
04-23-2004, 03:05 PM
I'm very interested in these rackets and I will be demoing them soon but....I need someone who has seriously hit with both of these rackets to let me know power wise what I can expect.

The TW review (I know it's subjective but still) shows the LM Presitige MP at a 75 power rating and the Instinct at a 68. Say what? Anybody compared the two?

FYI...I am currently playing with a HPS61.

easyco
04-23-2004, 06:30 PM
I've played with both these rackets, tho only briefly (like for a few games) with the Instinct.

I didn't like the Instinct at all. It felt rather uncomfortable to me, and I didn't feel the ball coming off the racket the way I wanted. It felt rather dead to me, to be honest.

With the Prestige however, things went much better. I felt it gave me good power, but still loads of control. My shots had more spin and 'pop', but almost always landed in the court, unless I messed up by taking a really wild swing and not observing the fundamentals.

I've since bought the prestige MP, and I'm happy with it. Tho I s'pose it really is the player, and not so much the racket, that ultimately makes the difference.... but heck, I'll admit I'm a sucker for advertising gimmicks.

Incidentally, contrary to what alot of other users have said about the Prestige MP not being stable etc, I have found that it plays quite well even without lead tape. Altho I have to admit, the guys who made those comments are probably of a higher standard than I am - I only played competitive tennis in school about 10 yrs ago. Now I play at least 3 times a week, and play proper matches, but the standard of play is not as high as a competition I guess.

I tried what some suggested, adding lead to 2, 10, 4 and 8. Strokes were more solid, but felt like my serves were suffering. Since, have changed to adding 3gms each at 3 and 9, and have like it alot better. Alot more 'pop', get that nice 'thwap' sound every time, and serve percentage is going up.

strife726
04-23-2004, 08:29 PM
When I was asking about comparisons between the lm pres and lm rad people said the lm rad had more power. Yet the TW review has the lm pres rated higher for power.