PDA

View Full Version : ATP TV coverage: Bring back the ATP theme tune !!!

MAXXply
04-12-2011, 07:05 AM
Whatever happened to the trademark ATP theme tune, those pumpin' electro-synth beats that featured in all the ATP 1000 Series TV coverage?
It was so distinctive, boppy and appropriate.
Now the global feed coverage on ESPN(?) no longer plays it and instead features boring generic tunes you'd normally hear in a retirement home.

tennis_pro
04-12-2011, 07:08 AM
Whatever happened to the trademark ATP theme tune, those pumpin' electro-synth beats that featured in all the ATP 1000 Series TV coverage?
It was so distinctive, boppy and appropriate.
Now the global feed coverage on ESPN(?) no longer plays it and instead features boring generic tunes you'd normally hear in a retirement home.

Totally with you there. I think they dropped it in early 2010 if I'm not mistaken. I've been looking for it since!

MAXXply
04-12-2011, 07:17 AM
^^^ The ATP messed up a perfectly good part of its "brand" right there by losing the theme tune - it was instantly recogniseable to cable sports viewers as "the sound" of the ATP. It was upbeat, fresh and a great accompaniment to the action (or err, Robbie Koenig's nasally voice)

C'mon ATP marketing dudes - bring it back!

DylanMckay
04-12-2011, 07:37 AM
Yeah, I'm really missin them too :(

http://youtu.be/g5L2rCAPYZw

If you have something good, why the hell would you change it?
It was a bad move from ATP, very bad...

niff
04-12-2011, 07:39 AM
Everyone misses it :( Srsly, all 3 tennis forums I visit now have a thread bemoaning the change. Epic fail ATP.