PDA

View Full Version : Kei Nishikori Forehand & Backhand (VIDEO)

PowerServe
04-12-2011, 09:31 AM
Tennis magazine has a pretty good write up about this guy in their latest issue... here's a video of his forehand & backhand taken at the US Clay Court Championships Finals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4RT9pl5pI4

jdubbs
04-12-2011, 11:33 AM
I saw him play a couple of years ago in person. He's so little, it seems like he really has to work much harder for every point. Could see him making tiny bits of noise in the clay tournaments, but his goal of #45 in the world seems about all he'll ever get to. Just can't see him being top 25 with his physical limitations.

Then again, Ferrer is top 10, so you never know...but Kei looks almost spider like in his smallness.

PowerServe
04-12-2011, 11:46 AM
I'm not sure... he didn't look that small in person this weekend. he actually looked just the right size - even bigger than Federer (except for height)

President
04-12-2011, 12:57 PM
I saw him play a couple of years ago in person. He's so little, it seems like he really has to work much harder for every point. Could see him making tiny bits of noise in the clay tournaments, but his goal of #45 in the world seems about all he'll ever get to. Just can't see him being top 25 with his physical limitations.

Then again, Ferrer is top 10, so you never know...but Kei looks almost spider like in his smallness.

Gilles Simon

/thread

GasquetGOAT
04-12-2011, 08:02 PM

You must be huge like Del Potro.;) I saw him play in person also, I can tell you he is NOT small, maybe a little short for ATP pro standard but taller than Davydenko and Ferrer for sure. All he needs to do is beef up a little like Ferrer and I can see him doing well in the top 20 to 40 group.

Dimitrov
07-19-2011, 08:10 PM
Ya he is not small at all! I went to Sony Ericsson this year and saw him play against Nadal and he is pretty big, hes not as tall as most pros but he is definetly not small. I'm sure he will get into top 20 or even top 10, he was pretty tough against nadal losing 6-4, 6-4 but he did have a couple of breaks but couldn't convert.

OTMPut
07-19-2011, 08:45 PM
Gilles Simon

/thread

Fabrice Santoro

willshot
07-19-2011, 09:18 PM
wanna know who the real spider is? Olivia Rochus!
Small but can play!

NLBwell
07-19-2011, 09:28 PM
Olivia? ...

willshot
07-19-2011, 09:32 PM
Olivia? ...

That's what we call him when he's in town to hit with us. Its in inside joke.

bjk
07-20-2011, 05:34 AM
The Japanese have always been good at the cheap fakes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0YuKruexcE