PDA

View Full Version : Mission Monte Carlo - Nadal Meets His Match On Clay

MARTINBALDRIDGE
04-12-2011, 10:33 AM
Watched an interesting practice session today and saw Nadal been given more than a run for his money by someone you wouldn't think would be in his league on clay.

Find out who this mystery man was on my blog at www.soyouwanttowinwimbledon.com

MB

<It was only practice of course
:):):)

Hood_Man
04-12-2011, 10:37 AM
Nicely written. I already knew who it was though because "they" said on their twitter account they were practicing with Rafa today :)

rovex
04-12-2011, 10:39 AM
Cool story, bro.

Murray may be GOATing this clay season. But he is not the Unbeatable GOAT.

MichaelNadal
04-12-2011, 10:49 AM
Watched an interesting practice session today and saw Nadal been given more than a run for his money by someone you wouldn't think would be in his league on clay.

Find out who this mystery man was on my blog at www.soyouwanttowinwimbledon.com

MB

<It was only practice of course
:):):)

Lol well you say he was hitting the hardest forehands you have ever seen anyone hit and they were being returned with ease?

MARTINBALDRIDGE
04-12-2011, 11:52 AM
Lol well you say he was hitting the hardest forehands you have ever seen anyone hit and they were being returned with ease?

Yes Murray uses the other player's pace better than he generates his own. Undoubtedly Nadal is by far the better player all round but Murray isn't as bad as some would make out. Hope he plays well vs Stepanek - tomorrow I believe.

MB

RyanRF
04-12-2011, 03:05 PM
British guy biased towards Murray O.o

cypher
04-12-2011, 03:15 PM
Noone really matches Nadal on clay.

Sentinel
04-12-2011, 10:06 PM
thanks for all the details on your blog. very interesting.

Tennis sensation
04-12-2011, 11:57 PM
Very Nice blog

Thanks again

Jules
04-13-2011, 01:09 AM
Thanks for the read. Enjoyed it. :)

MARTINBALDRIDGE
04-13-2011, 03:30 AM
Cool - just watched Federer finish practice - looked a completely different player today than on Monday.

Sitting in the glorious sun courtside for Simon vs Montanes to be followed by Verdasco vs Robredo then to centre court for Nadal followed by Murray - doesn't get much better than this!!!

batz
04-13-2011, 04:12 AM
Cool - just watched Federer finish practice - looked a completely different player today than on Monday.

Sitting in the glorious sun courtside for Simon vs Montanes to be followed by Verdasco vs Robredo then to centre court for Nadal followed by Murray - doesn't get much better than this!!!

You lucky so and so - I'm not the least bit jealous. No really, I'm not ;)

Sentinel
04-13-2011, 05:24 AM
^ He shoa is rubbing it in :D. Anyway, I am courtside too -- in front of my telly, haha.

MARTINBALDRIDGE
04-13-2011, 06:03 AM
Its getting better all the time. On Court Central now watching the not very entertaining Nadal match.

Best thing about the match is the changeovers when those sexist French TV cameramen turn their lenses to all the array of beautiful women on display - superb

NADAL_GOT_THIS
04-13-2011, 06:21 AM
Murray vs Nadal brings out the longest rallies of any matchup so I wonder if Nadal tries to retrieve everything in a practice session the way he would in a match. Surely not!1

MARTINBALDRIDGE
04-13-2011, 06:46 AM
I dint think he holds back in practice that much - yesterday vs Murray both players were going at it full on - the thing is the longer the practice was the more points Rada won.

You'd have to say that in general ge practices as he plays - probably knows no other way

NADAL_GOT_THIS
04-13-2011, 07:47 AM
I dint think he holds back in practice that much - yesterday vs Murray both players were going at it full on - the thing is the longer the practice was the more points Rada won.

You'd have to say that in general ge practices as he plays - probably knows no other way

That's what I've heard, but when you look at how exhausting his matches with Murray are......but I guess he won't practice with Murray everyday so he might as well go full blast in the Murray practice!1