PDA

View Full Version : Nadals biggest threat on clay isnt Djokovic its...

rainingaces
04-12-2011, 12:29 PM
Tomas Berdych.

They have a potential early clay court show down in the quaterfinals here at Monte Carlo. Berdych has shown he can be a consistent hard hitter in the Soderling mold and he has a great serve clearly the weapons you need to beat Nadal on clay we all know that. Mentally Berdy has come on massive leaps and bounds the last year while looking like a genuine consistent top 10 player, he did seem to freeze in big matches in the past but last year helped him alot and now I think he is ready for a big result. As I see it he is the only man capable of beating Nadal this week if he plays his best tennis. I am not even a Berdych fan btw.

Here comes... Nadal owns Berdych, blah, blah.

CDestroyer
04-12-2011, 12:31 PM
I think its going to be Nole to give doodo boy some serious trouble this week.

babbette
04-12-2011, 12:32 PM
nadals biggest threat is....nadal

babbette
04-12-2011, 12:32 PM

noley isn't playing

rainingaces
04-12-2011, 12:33 PM

Nole isnt playing this week, they might meet in Madrid.

batz
04-12-2011, 12:33 PM

Why - will he be shouting from the sidelines? Disrupting his dinner? Nole certainly won't be causing any trouble on court.

dominikk1985
04-12-2011, 12:35 PM
1.nole
2.his health
3.DP
4.sod
5.fed

BigForehand
04-12-2011, 12:35 PM
biggest threat to nadal is ATP if they ban polyester. If that happens, its the end of nadal.

or of course if they change court speeds. So really, biggest threat is the ATPofficials.

rainingaces
04-12-2011, 12:36 PM
I would have said it was Soderling but last years beat down in the final might have taken a little out of him, he really thought he could win. Berdych at Wimbledon was happy to make his first gs final and beat Federer.

rovex
04-12-2011, 12:36 PM
Tomas Berdych.

Lmao. We know you're only kidding because otherwise we would be giggling profusely behind are screens. Berdych has tried but ultimately can't get the win against Nadal playing his best on any surface.

cocolate
04-12-2011, 12:38 PM
Damn how he bossed Nadal, noone would have been able to defeat soderling in that math, his shots are unreal, Nadal takeing an a set was a big thing, that was a hell of a "in the zone".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7RSUy5V5QM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXww22UJteQ&feature=related

rainingaces
04-12-2011, 12:39 PM
Lmao. We know you're only kidding because otherwise we would be giggling profusely behind are screens.

No that was last years MC final, the people who watched it are still giggling.

heninfan99
04-12-2011, 12:40 PM
Dolgo, Delpo, Djoker & de knees

cocolate
04-12-2011, 12:41 PM
Nadal becomes the weakness of the kness, still always love Nadal..:)

cocolate
04-12-2011, 12:42 PM
You forget...Federer the only man to beat Nadal on a clay final and he did it twice:)

rovex
04-12-2011, 12:42 PM
Nadal becomes the weakness of the kness, still always love Nadal..:)

Ralph was the bees knees last year, no?

No that was last years MC final, the people who watched it are still giggling.

Changing the subject because you've come to terms with your major failure's being exploited here time and again?

What happened to that thread where you embarrassed yourself badly? With others calling out your stupidity? That was real funny i can tell you.

tenis1
04-12-2011, 12:50 PM
1.nole
2.his health
3.DP
4.sod
5.fed

Finally some common sense here.

rainingaces
04-12-2011, 12:57 PM
Rovex cant take the humiliation of loving verdasco poor fella.
Talk about changing the subject he is bitter about it too I think.

rovex
04-12-2011, 01:08 PM
Rovex cant take the humiliation of loving verdasco poor fella.
Talk about changing the subject he is bitter about it too I think.

i don't root for people just because they win the best tournaments around, or beat the best players frequently. It's alright though, being a glory hunter such as yourself doesn't give you much identity. Oh i wonder, what happened to Istomin in your sig? Did his poor form detour you from liking him any longer? :lol:

You're a wuss, you can't reply directly to me in the face of adversity! ;)

rainingaces
04-12-2011, 01:18 PM
i don't root for people just because they win the best tournaments around, or beat the best players frequently. It's alright though, being a glory hunter such as yourself doesn't give you much identity. Oh i wonder, what happened to Istomin in your sig? Did his poor form detour you from liking him any longer? :lol:

You're a wuss, you can't reply directly to me in the face of adversity! ;)

If I was a glory hunter wouldn't I support the spanish davis cup team? or the number one player in the world? Istomin became a inconsistent ballbasher like Gulbis, so much talent so little brain, like you except the talent part.
Don't bother to reply to this as I don't want to waste my time with you, stay on topic.

rovex
04-12-2011, 01:30 PM
If I was a glory hunter wouldn't I support the spanish davis cup team? or the number one player in the world? Istomin became a inconsistent ballbasher like Gulbis, so much talent so little brain, like you except the talent part.
Don't bother to reply to this as I don't want to waste my time with you, stay on topic.

Well, you support the GOAT and former number 1, and the current number 2 who's the hottest player on tour, and grand slam winner Del Potro who has had significant attention since his breakthrough. But honestly, you really don't have a leg to stand on when pontificating about someone's intellect, as shown in the other thread by not being able to get your spell check out whilst name calling.

I'm not the one who changed the subject at first, that was you. ;)

MixieP
04-12-2011, 01:30 PM
Good to see someone mentioning Berdych.
I believe in him. He is capable of knocking Raphla sideways with his powerful groundstrokes. Hope he does it here. I like Raphla but I like Tomas more. As long as he beats Raphla I wouldn't mind if he lost to Roger in the final.

CDestroyer
04-12-2011, 01:33 PM
nadals biggest threat is....nadal

Nadals biggest threat is his shorts.

MARTINBALDRIDGE
04-12-2011, 01:45 PM
I was watching Berdtch practicing with Jurgen Meltzer yesterday and ge really doesn't move that well when really pushed.

I dint think Berdych is Rafas No.1 threat - Nole, Federer (maybe) Soderling - can't see past them.

Gorecki
04-12-2011, 01:48 PM
Damn how he bossed Nadal, noone would have been able to defeat soderling in that math, his shots are unreal, Nadal takeing an a set was a big thing, that was a hell of a "in the zone".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7RSUy5V5QM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXww22UJteQ&feature=related

goes to show how "injured" Nadal was...

:twisted:

kishnabe
04-12-2011, 01:54 PM
Verdasco is a bigger threat than Berdych for Nadal on clay...that it self it saying too much!