PDA

View Full Version : The Djokovic-Federer Chill

montrealforum
04-14-2011, 04:31 AM
Something tells me these two don't like each other beneath the surface. They do not play exos together. Roger did not show up to Djokovic and Nishikori's soccer game benefit in Miami to raise $ for Japan. Federer also did not show up to the Djokovic player show in Monte Carlo.

Something tells me these two are not exactly bosom buddies and their could be a real competitive animosity and true dislike percolating between the icy and serious statesman Federer and the cocky, clowning future king Novak Djokovic.

mandy01
04-14-2011, 04:34 AM
^Roger invited him for H4H exho last year.He's stopped playing football for the fear of injuries so that might explain why he didn't do the exho this year.

pound cat
04-14-2011, 05:06 AM
The Federer-Djpkovic has been examined in several threads already on this board. It stems to some incidents with his parents' behaviour on the bench a few years ago. They behave better now but dad still wears tacky shirts.

niff
04-14-2011, 05:18 AM
I think people project animosity between these two but in reality there's a generation gap there and they probably don't give a ****. Just professional aquaintances.

tlm
04-14-2011, 05:35 AM
Joker knows that fed is an egomaniac, so he keeps his distance. While him+rafa have mutual respect for each other+are friends.

Emet74
04-14-2011, 05:37 AM
As others have said they have had their issues in the past, but the things you mentioned are not signs of animosity.

Fed hasn't attended any of the players' parties since the kids were born except Dubai where he goes for 15 minutes.

Like others said, he doesn't play soccer and yes he did invite Novak to the H4H.

Relations have been warmer in recent years; see the trophy presentation at Basel last year; also Fed was telling the press at wimby he asked Novak for advice on behavior etiquette when he met the Queen of England :)

cc0509
04-14-2011, 05:41 AM
I think people project animosity between these two but in reality there's a generation gap there and they probably don't give a ****. Just professional aquaintances.

Right. What do people want them to do, go out and get some ice cream together? They are professionals when it matters.

tenis1
04-14-2011, 07:16 AM
Joker knows that fed is an egomaniac, so he keeps his distance. While him+rafa have mutual respect for each other+are friends.

This, plus Fed was quite disrespectful and borderline insulting towards young (18 years old) Novak.

Cup8489
04-14-2011, 07:20 AM
This, plus Fed was quite disrespectful and borderline insulting towards young (18 years old) Novak.

Always hatin' on Fed. How typical.

Sentinel
04-14-2011, 08:48 AM
Sadly, djordje is not here to give us all the details of what the terrible Federer did to Novak. Surely, Federer himself had djordje banned from this forum, lol !!

tenis1
04-14-2011, 10:02 AM
Sadly, djordje is not here to give us all the details of what the terrible Federer did to Novak. Surely, Federer himself had djordje banned from this forum, lol !!

That fake "Djordje" troll, who does not how to spell his brother's name, should be banned from here indeed.

babbette
04-14-2011, 10:09 AM
I've felt that for ages. You can definitely tell there is tension. Maybe it stems from the attitude of Novaks family, Novaks attitude itself. Roger would never tell Rafa's family to be quiet lol.

Anyway, Federer admitted that in the beginning he didn't embrace the rivalry with nadal, maybe this is the case here too. He hasn't embraced it yet

babbette
04-14-2011, 10:11 AM
Right. What do people want them to do, go out and get some ice cream together? They are professionals when it matters.

He's only one year younger than Rafa :lol:

BrooklynNY
04-14-2011, 10:28 AM
Good, I don't want my tennis rivals being BFFs. I even feel that Rafa/Fed ATP peice was just a bunch of PR. It's hard to believe you actually genuinely like the guy who has denied you 3 calender slams.

You shouldn't embrace your rival as a BFF until after you retire.

Thats just my opinion.

shazbot
04-14-2011, 10:33 AM
Good, I don't want my tennis rivals being BFFs. I even feel that Rafa/Fed ATP peice was just a bunch of PR. It's hard to believe you actually genuinely like the guy who has denied you 3 calender slams.

You shouldn't embrace your rival as a BFF until after you retire.

Thats just my opinion.

Agreed. QFT!!!

People want main rivals to be all buddy buddy and sh*t. Why?

The hatred (if there is any) is what adds to the rivalry and tension when they play. Look at Bruins vs Habs for hockey this post-season. That's what we want in tennis!

niff
04-14-2011, 10:33 AM
Federer and Nadal are totally different... their relationship is unavoidable regardless of their age because they've shaped each others careers. Djokovic and Murray don't share history with Federer like that, and the age gap becomes really obvious. Just acquaintances who only care about what's happening on court, imo.

Roger's friends on tour are from his gen.. Ljubicic, Malisse etc.

cc0509
04-14-2011, 01:19 PM
I've felt that for ages. You can definitely tell there is tension. Maybe it stems from the attitude of Novaks family, Novaks attitude itself. Roger would never tell Rafa's family to be quiet lol.

Well, Rafa's family is never as obnoxious as Djokovic's family. I would have told Djokovic's parents to shut up too. So obnoxious!

cc0509
04-14-2011, 01:21 PM

That is right, Rafa and Djokovic are closer in age and they are single. Roger has a wife and kids.

[d]ragon
04-14-2011, 03:48 PM
Yup, they definitely hate each other

http://www.footballandtennis.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/federer-djokovic1.jpg

http://gototennis.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/2010-Rogers-Cup-Federer-Djokovic-practice-courts.16.jpghttp://gototennis.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/2010-Rogers-Cup-Federer-Djokovic-practice-courts.16.jpg

http://www.livetennisguide.com/wp-content/uploads/Novak-Djokovic-and-Roger-Federer.jpg

http://gototennis.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Roger_Federer_Novak_Djokovic_Roland_Garros_practic e.jpg

Seriously, where do people come up with this stuff?

Hood_Man
04-14-2011, 04:19 PM
I agree with niff, it just seems like a generational thing to me.

CocaCola
04-14-2011, 04:36 PM
Please not this again!