PDA

View Full Version : be honest, does anyone here really care about the final? (Monte Carlo)

Devilito
04-16-2011, 08:30 AM
Snorefest...
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_iYrhopY-rI4/SNlUmIqlIoI/AAAAAAAAD2U/wtsh7XJjICk/s320/grandpa_simpson_snoring1205264386.jpg

MixieP
04-16-2011, 08:42 AM
I care. Lord Ferrer in two.

Legend of Borg
04-16-2011, 08:49 AM
Nope......

tacou
04-16-2011, 08:55 AM
why wouldn't people? 2 of the best clay courters in a masters series final on clay..sounds good to me!

Sentinel
04-16-2011, 08:55 AM
Nice way to rile up the Nadal fans. Surely this will be Nadals first win this year, and his 7th consec win at MC, so someone's gotta care.

Hey wait, is this in response to Vero's thread on "No one cares about the WTF ? " last year, LOL. What goes around comes around, they say !

Bud
04-16-2011, 09:07 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_JNFvqLZICLI/TDD3uclvaaI/AAAAAAAAB0w/csXhZXkp2P4/s320/sour+grapes.jpg

nadalbestclass
04-16-2011, 09:09 AM
Don't know if they care, but lots of *******s will be watching hoping and praying Rafa plays trashy and then spam about how Nadal is done. This should be interesting

miyagi
04-16-2011, 09:21 AM
Why wouldn't you care two of the best clay court players in a final?

I think the OP is just bitter that Nadal is in the final and stands at the cusp of making history.

It should be a fairly good match Nadal might be nervous because he lost to Ferrer at the A.O and also this is 3rd final in a row he has to win otherwise the questions and pressure will be immense!!!!

People on here are so immature!

TheTruth
04-16-2011, 01:50 PM
^^^

Best post in this thread.

If you don't care, don't watch. Some people are ridiculously bitter and insecure.

ark_28
04-16-2011, 01:51 PM
Of course I care! the world number 1 against another great clay courter with the chance to make history and win a tournament 7 years on the bounce!

fundrazer
04-16-2011, 02:19 PM
Basically I'm going to watch the first couple games and determine if I'll watch the rest of the match. If Ferrer shows up mentally it may be interesting. But, even if he does, Nadal will probably still stomp him. Then there is the fact I don't generally like mindless baseline grinder tennis, and that's likely going to be what this match turns in to.

sureshs
04-16-2011, 02:20 PM
Ferrer will lose

fed_rulz
04-16-2011, 02:24 PM
Snorefest...
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_iYrhopY-rI4/SNlUmIqlIoI/AAAAAAAAD2U/wtsh7XJjICk/s320/grandpa_simpson_snoring1205264386.jpg

agreed.. very similar to the 97 wimby final

dominikk1985
04-16-2011, 02:30 PM
why would one not care.

-two of the best claycourters meet
-rafa meets the man who destroyed his dream of the grand slam (although not in the correct oder)
-rafa must be a little tired from the long match today

I think this can be an interesting match. anyone who doesn't care is not a tennis fan.
the final is between the two best. the guys who are there deserve to be there. and since I'm a tennis fan I will watch it.

Hood_Man
04-16-2011, 02:42 PM
I do. It'll be interesting to see if Nadal can pull off a 7th consecutive win at the same tournament, but it'll also be interesting to see if Ferrer can snap his losing streak against Nadal.

...not that I'll be watching however, it'll probably be over by the time I'm home from work :evil:

[EDIT]

That's not to say I can't understand why someone wouldn't care, it's a pretty safe bet that Nadal will win in straight sets so it might not be the most interesting final, I just don't think the same way.

eidolonshinobi
04-16-2011, 02:43 PM
I just want Ferrer to win, it's gonna be a long grind though... ugh

Legend of Borg
04-16-2011, 02:52 PM
Ferrer will lose

Exactly so.

pound cat
04-16-2011, 02:54 PM
I'm lookingg forrward to the final very much. There is a reason why poeple like me watch a tournament all week on live stream...and we watch any match we think will be an interesting one and don't care who will be playing it. The end result of this is watching the final. And if 2 particularly good players are in the final then there is an even greater pleasure in watching it.

Anyone who watches only one or 2 players and quits watching when they are out of the tourney isn't getting the entire picture of what's going on in the tennis world.

billnepill
04-16-2011, 03:57 PM
Nad fans care of course. It is kinda a historical moment for Nadal.

Otherwise, *yawn*

ledwix
04-16-2011, 04:01 PM
Yes, I care. Considering Ferrer is 1-0 against Nadal this year, it is a very interesting match up.

Disclaimer: Never in that statement did I say I think Ferrer is going to win or that Nadal was at his best at AO, just making an observation, so don't get on me about that stuff.

Mainad
04-16-2011, 04:10 PM
I'd like Ferrer to do it if he could.He'd be a very popular winner and a deserving one too! It's strange that a player of his calibre hasn't yet even won a Masters.
MC would be the perfect place to finally get that particular monkey off his back!

Alas for him,I don't think Rafa intends to lose a 3rd Masters final in a row and certainly not in his favourite tournament.So he's gonna have to fight for it!

powerangle
04-16-2011, 04:14 PM
I care because it's tennis. If it weren't for the time difference, I'd watch it. But I can't wake up that early to watch it when I have a full weekend's worth of studying to do for my exam on Monday.

li0scc0
04-16-2011, 05:32 PM
Anybody else on the planet, Ferrer beats in straight sets as he is the 2nd best clay courter around. But against an on Nadal, straight sets for Nadal.

8PAQ
04-16-2011, 05:43 PM
Don't know if they care, but lots of *******s will be watching hoping and praying Rafa plays trashy and then spam about how Nadal is done. This should be interesting

Wrong! I am hoping that Nadal gets injured again and skips the rest of clay season. Just like at AO this year. That was great. Vamos David!

Dilettante
04-16-2011, 06:58 PM
I like tennis so I'd care about any match between two top 10 players.

Anybody else on the planet, Ferrer beats in straight sets

I don't know, Murray for example played some very impressive claycourt game today. And he wasn't playing out of his mind like Soderling when beat Nadal at the FO. He was at his actual level so we can expect more of that any time.

li0scc0
04-17-2011, 06:17 AM
I don't know, Murray for example played some very impressive claycourt game today. And he wasn't playing out of his mind like Soderling when beat Nadal at the FO. He was at his actual level so we can expect more of that any time.

Right now, my take is the only way to beat Nadal on clay is for Nadal's opponent to play his A+ game, and Nadal to be C or worse. 100% subjective on my part, I realize.

glazkovss
04-17-2011, 09:45 PM
I cared. Watched and enjoyed it. Thought Ferrer is the only one now, apart from Djokovic, who has chances against Rafa on clay. Not yet, as Rafa is too good, but Ferrer at least puts on a fight, unlike Roger. So, Fedal final wouldn't be as appealling for me gamewise.

Murrayfan31
04-17-2011, 10:16 PM
Anybody else on the planet, Ferrer beats in straight sets as he is the 2nd best clay courter around. But against an on Nadal, straight sets for Nadal.
Djokovic says hello.

Sid_Vicious
04-17-2011, 10:49 PM
I cared. Watched and enjoyed it. Thought Ferrer is the only one now, apart from Djokovic, who has chances against Rafa on clay. Not yet, as Rafa is too good, but Ferrer at least puts on a fight, unlike Roger. So, Fedal final wouldn't be as appealling for me gamewise.
So Fed plays one flat match and all of sudden he never even puts up a fight when he plays Nadal? Aside from the RG 08 final, Federer put in a solid effort in every final he has played against Nadal on clay.

Right_Said_Fed
04-17-2011, 10:59 PM
everyone knows the end result of a clay tournament with Rafa in, think thats why its a yawn. even when Murray one the second set I thought Rafa would breeze throught the last, and he did.

Telepatic
04-17-2011, 11:18 PM
Thought Ferrer is the only one now, apart from Djokovic, who has chances against Rafa on clay.

I disagree.

Nadal's Spanish b*tches won't beat him as long as he doesn't care or he get himself injured. Nadal vs his Spaniards on clay is every year the same so I would never put them in a category "threat to Rafa on clay".

Now, I think beside Nole, guys like Murray, Soderling, Delpo can push him and maybe win, also maybe even a very fit Nalbandian/Gulbis but not Spaniards.

namelessone
04-17-2011, 11:36 PM
Nadal's Spanish b*tches won't beat him as long as he doesn't care or he get himself injured. Nadal vs his Spaniards on clay is every year the same so I would never put them in a category "threat to Rafa on clay".

Jesus, not this again.

Why is it ALWAYS a matter of nationality and not quality?

What spanish player is gonna push Nadal ON CLAY?

Ferrer's only weapon is consistency. People ***** about choking to Nadal but I've seen Ferru do it tens of times with other players as well. He's a great player on return but he rarely follows up on his own serve when he breaks.

I mean, what could the guy do yesterday besides what he did, run Nadal round and hope he gets an opening?

Verdasco, who was better last year on clay, beat djoker and soderling in the clay season and was pummeled by Nadal in MC. Again, he doesn't have the good to rally with Nadal on clay. He has a great clay forehand but his BH is dodgy and his focus is off for a top 10 player.

Robredo. Don't make me laugh :)

JCF. Good claycourter in his prime, loved to watch him play but he is simply too old to hang with Rafa anymore.

Almagro. Has the shots to beat Nadal as he has an amazing BH and bullet fh but when his game goes a bit off, it really goes off. Almagro, this spanish *****, took Nadal to two tiebreaks in RG 2010 and took a set off him in Madrid.

Lopez. Feliciano is a joke on clay.

Let's say I adhere to the "popular opinion" here and say that verdasco/lopez/robredo bend over for Nadal on clay. Almagro and Ferrer have always fought against Nadal but they have always come up short no matter what form they and Nadal were in.

MichaelNadal
04-17-2011, 11:39 PM
^^Great post. Why do only the Spaniards get singled out? How are they "bending over?" EVERYONE loses to Nadal on clay so it's silly.

lemon
04-17-2011, 11:46 PM
Couldn't care less, indeed. Matches like that one are killing the sport with their predictability.

Telepatic
04-18-2011, 12:09 AM
Jesus, not this again.

Why is it ALWAYS a matter of nationality and not quality?

What spanish player is gonna push Nadal ON CLAY?

Ferrer's only weapon is consistency. People ***** about choking to Nadal but I've seen Ferru do it tens of times with other players as well. He's a great player on return but he rarely follows up on his own serve when he breaks.

I mean, what could the guy do yesterday besides what he did, run Nadal round and hope he gets an opening?

Verdasco, who was better last year on clay, beat djoker and soderling in the clay season and was pummeled by Nadal in MC. Again, he doesn't have the good to rally with Nadal on clay. He has a great clay forehand but his BH is dodgy and his focus is off for a top 10 player.

Robredo. Don't make me laugh :)

JCF. Good claycourter in his prime, loved to watch him play but he is simply too old to hang with Rafa anymore.

Almagro. Has the shots to beat Nadal as he has an amazing BH and bullet fh but when his game goes a bit off, it really goes off. Almagro, this spanish *****, took Nadal to two tiebreaks in RG 2010 and took a set off him in Madrid.

Lopez. Feliciano is a joke on clay.

Let's say I adhere to the "popular opinion" here and say that verdasco/lopez/robredo bend over for Nadal on clay. Almagro and Ferrer have always fought against Nadal but they have always come up short no matter what form they and Nadal were in.

Look, ok I don't really want to use word "bend over" but they get intimidated and lose belief, it's usual thing which happens, look at also Troicki vs Djokovic or Wawrinka vs Federer, it's tragicomical.

Ferrer before this final played great, I could see how he was there ready to win and was not missing much, stretching his opponents so he could finish him off with his strong FH's which he didn't miss a lot, just- determined.. and for example today Ferrer wasn't there when he needed to be clutch in the match. (just to hold)
I even remember when he missed a relatively easy smash and some other put away shots.

Now, I know Almagro pushed him last year but was that his biggest highlight of career vs Nadal? Or was it choke in Paris 2009 when he was serving for the match with set and a break and 40*-0 lead? (+2 MP).

Verdasco is not even in a discussion. (Lopez as well for that matter)

Boredo is a fighter but he is in a different league.

Now I wouldn't bother to write all this but I was a bit ****ed how Nadal vs Spaniard (especially on clay) is such a waste of time, and it ruins all finals like this because it is every year the same and never in doubt.

For example, I wasn't watching this match and then I went to my friend's house who doesn't really follow tennis that much, then I switched to match to check the score and when we saw Rafa was in a set and a break lead, my friend was like: "Did this guy ever beat him? :-?" (like he heard for both of them but even he realizes that this kind of walk in the park result is never in doubt)

I mean, you know what I want to say, it's pathetic that for so many years of playing him and years they had at disposal to upgrade their game like Rafa did (or at least on clay) but it's always the same stuff all over again every year. (Even Murray who utterly sucked on clay for most of the time in his career has improved by now and see how he first wasn't even there, then he gets Rafa into a tiebreak at MC 09 and now he takes a set, while those other Spaniards are pretty much on their standard level all the time).

Heracles
04-18-2011, 12:26 AM
People here don't understand.

Nadal is just way better then everybody else on clay and nobody, absolutely nobody is choking against him and specially not the spaniards. Only idiots who know nothing about tennis could say such stupid things.

Nadal is just in a league above the Almagro, Ferrer, Verdasco and cie. Nadal won't lose to them on clay because he is way better.

Almagro always try his best against Nadal, so does Ferrer. Verdasco gave Nadal one of the toughest match of his life. None of them have mental issues against Nadal. They are trying way harder against him than against Federer.

Who is the last spaniard not name Nadal to have beanten Federer? I think it was Montanes. But Ferrer, Verdasco and Almagro show up much more when they play Nadal than when they play Federer and this is a fact.

namelessone
04-18-2011, 12:44 AM
Look, ok I don't really want to use word "bend over" but they get intimidated and lose belief, it's usual thing which happens, look at also Troicki vs Djokovic or Wawrinka vs Federer, it's tragicomical.

Ferrer before this final played great, I could see how he was there ready to win and was not missing much, stretching his opponents so he could finish him off with his strong FH's which he didn't miss a lot, just- determined.. and for example today Ferrer wasn't there when he needed to be clutch in the match. (just to hold)
I even remember when he missed a relatively easy smash and some other put away shots.

Now, I know Almagro pushed him last year but was that his biggest highlight of career vs Nadal? Or was it choke in Paris 2009 when he was serving for the match with set and a break and 40*-0 lead? (+2 MP).

Verdasco is not even in a discussion. (Lopez as well for that matter)

Boredo is a fighter but he is in a different league.

Now I wouldn't bother to write all this but I was a bit ****ed how Nadal vs Spaniard (especially on clay) is such a waste of time, and it ruins all finals like this because it is every year the same and never in doubt.

For example, I wasn't watching this match and then I went to my friend's house who doesn't really follow tennis that much, then I switched to match to check the score and when we saw Rafa was in a set and a break lead, my friend was like: "Did this guy ever beat him? :-?" (like he heard for both of them but even he realizes that this kind of walk in the park result is never in doubt)

I mean, you know what I want to say, it's pathetic that for so many years of playing him and years they had at disposal to upgrade their game like Rafa did (or at least on clay) but it's always the same stuff all over again every year. (Even Murray who utterly sucked on clay for most of the time in his career has improved by now and see how he first wasn't even there, then he gets Rafa into a tiebreak at MC 09 and now he takes a set, while those other Spaniards are pretty much on their standard level all the time).

Your entire post is based on a wrong premise, that the spanish guys can IMPROVE enough to take it to Nadal on clay when in fact Nadal's A game blows them all out of the water.

What's Ferrer gonna improve? Ferru was playing better tennis IMO in clay season 2010 that what I saw in MC 2011 and he still got buldozed. The guy has great consistency off both wings but that's about it. He can't consolidate against many top guys, this is not exclusive to when he plays Nadal. I remember a match with Fed in Canada(when Fed lost to Tsonga) where Fed was simply gifting him points and breaks(shank mode that day) and was looking bored and Ferrer still managed to s**t all over himself.
It's one thing to play great against other guys on clay and quite another to face Nadal. I saw Andujar and Chela live in Bucharest Open and I thought "damn these are very good CC'ers". However, both of them would get ripped to shreds by Nadal. To quote Ferrer "Nadal is everywhere on court".

You mention Murray who sucks on clay, that he took Nadal to a tiebreak in 2009. Almagro, a guy who you say bends over cause of the Paris MP waste(BTW, Nalbandian also wasted 5 MP in IW 2009, does he bend over as well?), got a set off Nadal 2010, a way better version that 2009 clay one, and pushed him to two tiebreaks in RG. And still he lost. Remember, Almagro was a guy that was getting trampled by Nadal in RG 2008.

I think you are underestimating just how tough it is to play Nadal on this surface. Novak won sets off him in 2009, a less great version than the 2008/2010 one but he still lost each time. Soderling played out of his mind in 2009 and he still almost got taken to a decider by a hobbled Nadal. Nadal was playing with his B, sometimes C game, in Monte Carlo 2011 and still won with just one set lost.

Forget the bending over Armada.

What about the other guys? Did you see anyone improve his game massively to take on Nadal in the 2005-2010 since you accuse the spaniards of not doing the same?

babbette
04-18-2011, 12:58 AM
Nice way to rile up the Nadal fans. Surely this will be Nadals first win this year, and his 7th consec win at MC, so someone's gotta care.

Hey wait, is this in response to Vero's thread on "No one cares about the WTF ? " last year, LOL. What goes around comes around, they say !

I was the one that made that wtf thread actually. My point to that thread was that that win didn't solve his problems, cause fed fans were going on as if all his previous losses meant nothing, he was back to destroy everyone and rafa's uso win meant nothing and if he'd met rafa in the final things would have been different. Was I right or was right! Didn't solve his problems did it???
Where as for us nadal fans we're really happy about this win, it's record but sensible with the fact that we understand he needs to play better if he hopes to continue his clay streak, especially with novak as new threat.

Rorsach
04-18-2011, 01:27 AM
Booooring.

Nadal is a very good player and deserves all ( well, most of it at least) the praise he gets, but he's boring as hell to watch, doubly so on clay, quadruply so on clay against another claycourt specialist. I'd rather watch paint dry.

ananda
04-18-2011, 04:49 AM
Djokovic says hello.
I can hear Andy smiling too. I did say "hear" since some unused cheek muscles got injured in smiling :D

^^ It was an interesting final after all. My folks (non-tennis players) rarely sit through an entire match, but they saw this start to finish and were amazed at the athletic display by both.

Hopefully, May will be an exciting month.

ksbh
04-18-2011, 06:36 AM
I dont know about Monte Carlo but I certainly couldn't care less about the year end championships! LOL!

mtommer
04-18-2011, 11:35 AM
why would one not care.

because it's not a Slam. Players gain/lose recognition via Slams. Ultimately there are only four tennis tounaments that matter: Aussie Open, Wimbledon, US Open and French Open.

MixieP
04-18-2011, 11:39 AM
be honest, does anyone here really care about the final? (Monte Carlo)As this thread is still popping up, I have to answer no, I don't care about that final anymore. It's over and done with. The best man won. Lord Ferrer deserves a cigar for hanging in there. He will most certainly win a major master title before his time is up.

tenniswarrior
04-18-2011, 11:54 AM
Not really. I just want poo court season to be over.

Bring on grass!

TheTruth
04-18-2011, 12:16 PM
People here don't understand.

Nadal is just way better then everybody else on clay and nobody, absolutely nobody is choking against him and specially not the spaniards. Only idiots who know nothing about tennis could say such stupid things.

Nadal is just in a league above the Almagro, Ferrer, Verdasco and cie. Nadal won't lose to them on clay because he is way better.

Almagro always try his best against Nadal, so does Ferrer. Verdasco gave Nadal one of the toughest match of his life. None of them have mental issues against Nadal. They are trying way harder against him than against Federer.

Who is the last spaniard not name Nadal to have beanten Federer? I think it was Montanes. But Ferrer, Verdasco and Almagro show up much more when they play Nadal than when they play Federer and this is a fact.

Meanwhile, there's no talk of all the pigeons in Fed's cache (Wawrinka, Davydenko, Roddick (who tries, but then always finds a way to lose), Llodra, Ferrer, Verdasco (who again tries, but can't get out of his own way), Robredo, et al.

It just gets tiresome. I could see if the Spanish Armada was beating everyone else and "bending" over for Rafa, but that is simply not the case.

The commentator even said Ferrer doesn't believe he can live with Nadal and Federer on the court. That seems to have been conveniently overlooked.

Matt H.
04-18-2011, 01:05 PM
Nadal has lost like 2 matches on clay in 7 years.

That is just absurd.

cknobman
04-18-2011, 01:07 PM
THE TRUTH is without Murray, Nole, or Federer against Nadal in final most of the steam and excitement was gone.

Sure Ferrer is a great clay courter but he just isnt one of the top 4-5 guys in the world and poses little threat to Nadal especially on clay.

Once Federer lost out, Nole passed on injury, and Murray lost in 3 it was hard to keep interest.

Not Nadals fault but its just the way it is.

Hitman
04-18-2011, 01:35 PM
THE TRUTH is without Murray, Nole, or Federer against Nadal in final most of the steam and excitement was gone.

Sure Ferrer is a great clay courter but he just isnt one of the top 4-5 guys in the world and poses little threat to Nadal especially on clay.

Once Federer lost out, Nole passed on injury, and Murray lost in 3 it was hard to keep interest.

Not Nadals fault but its just the way it is.

I kind of agree with this. The heat left the event for me, once I knew what the final was. All credit to Ferrer, he gives it his all against anyone he plays, but the result was never in any doubt. And even with a less than stellar Nadal, it was still straight sets. Happy for Nadal and his fans though.

Mainad
04-18-2011, 01:45 PM
Meanwhile, there's no talk of all the pigeons in Fed's cache (Wawrinka, Davydenko

To be fair to Davy,he's one of only 3 players to beat Fed and Rafa back to back twice in official ATP Tournaments (WTF 2009 & Doha 2010).I think the other 2 are Nalbandian (back to back Madrid & Paris Masters 2007) and Djokovic (Canadian Masters 2007 & IW 2011).

Though it's true he choked grotesquely against Fed at the 2010 AO quarters (threw away a set and a break lead).

TheTruth
04-18-2011, 01:58 PM
To be fair to Davy,he's one of only 3 players to beat Fed and Rafa back to back twice in official ATP Tournaments (WTF 2009 & Doha 2010).I think the other 2 are Nalbandian (back to back Madrid & Paris Masters 2007) and Djokovic (Canadian Masters 2007 & IW 2011).

Though it's true he choked grotesquely against Fed at the 2010 AO quarters (threw away a set and a break lead).

Good point. Although I don't know what took him so long to do this. He's got great angles and gets everything back with interest, but then again, he's got a horrible record against Roddick, so maybe that's just the way the cookie crumble.

cc0509
04-18-2011, 04:28 PM
^^Great post. Why do only the Spaniards get singled out? How are they "bending over?" EVERYONE loses to Nadal on clay so it's silly.

But players like Murray, Djokovic and Federer (if he can get himself together again), have a much better shot at beating Nadal on clay than any of those Spaniards do imo. The Spaniards do bend over for Nadal just as Warwrinka bends over for Federer at "most" times. Just appears to be the way it is. With that said, Nadal is just better than his fellow Spaniards and Federer is better than his fellow Swiss players so both of them are likely to win every time they play one of their countrymen. It just seems that there is an intimidation factor in place that is all.

Sid_Vicious
04-18-2011, 04:40 PM
But players like Murray, Djokovic and Federer (if he can get himself together again), have a much better shot at beating Nadal on clay than any of those Spaniards do imo. The Spaniards do bend over for Nadal just as Warwrinka bends over for Federer at "most" times. Just appears to be the way it is. With that said, Nadal is just better than his fellow Spaniards and Federer is better than his fellow Swiss players so both of them are likely to win every time they play one of their countrymen. It just seems that there is an intimidation factor in place that is all.
I think it is unfair to include Ferrer into the group of Spanairds who bend over for Nadal. Ferrer tries his hardest and plays his heart out. His competitive spirit is an absolute inspiration. Ferrer just does not have the game to beat many of the big guns.

cc0509
04-18-2011, 04:54 PM
I think it is unfair to include Ferrer into the group of Spanairds who bend over for Nadal. Ferrer tries his hardest and plays his heart out. His competitive spirit is an absolute inspiration. Ferrer just does not have the game to beat many of the big guns.

Ferrer is definitely the ultimate fighter and he appears to fight everybody he plays "except" Nadal just a little bit harder imo. However, ok, "maybe" Ferrer is the exception in that Spaniard group. The rest are Nadal's little cult followers. :evil:

ananda
04-18-2011, 07:30 PM
As this thread is still popping up, I have to answer no, I don't care about that final anymore. It's over and done with. The best man won. Lord Ferrer deserves a cigar for hanging in there. He will most certainly win a major master title before his time is up.
Which of the Masters are major, and which aren't ? :oops::)

MixieP
04-19-2011, 02:54 AM
Which of the Masters are major, and which aren't ? :oops::)

I was thinking about the fifth slam.
:)

mcr619619
04-19-2011, 03:03 AM
nope, i don't like watching Nadal game on Clay especially when it's not against top 5 players...

but if Nadal vs Fed in any CC final, i'll watch it, and will keep praying that Fed will beat Nad...XD..

.Fed's game = awesomeness,
Nadal's = too much boring in Clay games, but he has amazing pass...

ananda
04-19-2011, 04:24 AM
I was thinking about the fifth slam.
:)
OMG, do you folks still talk about the fifth slam? I thought that would be forgotten by now. You seem new here, so obviously the Cincy Slam (you still refer to Cincy as the fifth i hope?) is now firmly part of TW lore. Or is it Shanghai or WTF which is now the fifth ?

Most likely Ferrer could take a Clay Masters or RG rather than the others (if he does). Would be great for him.

cocolate
04-19-2011, 04:36 AM
Ferrer is Nadal's clay court lap-dog...so the result of the final is known...ferrer could beat nadal on clay only if he gets injured...get serious, do you think someone could beat Nadal on clay after you seen him play this week....we will see in the next week's but only nole could be a surprise cause we didn't see him play claycourt

ananda
04-19-2011, 05:19 AM
Ferrer is Nadal's clay court lap-dog...so the result of the final is known...ferrer could beat nadal on clay only if he gets injured...get serious, do you think someone could beat Nadal on clay after you seen him play this week....we will see in the next week's but only nole could be a surprise cause we didn't see him play claycourt
That way we could say 99% of the tour is Nadal's clay lapdog (if not all). Even Fed is his lapdog/pigeon - his favorite one - whom he savors for dessert like an After-Eight.

But seriously, everyone is so far behind Nadal on clay, that its not particularly fair to call the other Spaniards his lapdogs. I don't watch much CC tennis, so i could be wrong.

cocolate
04-19-2011, 05:31 AM
Basically it is like that....he is za best clay courter, we shall see if someone finds something in his shield but probably no....anyway we are talking about ferrer, it would have been more interesting with nole, murray, fed, really ferrer doesn't look like someone that could take nadal out on clay, he is a good palyer but he pales against the ones like federer, murray, nole.

glazkovss
04-19-2011, 08:10 AM
So Fed plays one flat match and all of sudden he never even puts up a fight when he plays Nadal? Aside from the RG 08 final, Federer put in a solid effort in every final he has played against Nadal on clay.

Thats true, but everytime I'm watching them play each other, I feel that Nadal's going to prevail in the end, especially on clay, especially nowadays, because Fed's game is much more fragile now than Rafa's and can fall apart at any time.
On the other hand, Ferrer has the consistency and is solid off both wings, thats why I picked him to reach the final and why I thought he'll have more chances on sunday. The final showed that with all it's advantages, Ferrer's game is too straightforward and lucks variety - slices, different spins, heights. He also didn't play great when it most mattered. But at least his game doesn't fall off like Roger's, the latter one makes watching his matches irritating: to seat before TV for a couple of hours just to see him shank everything in the end. I don't say it happens that often, but anyway he wasn't even close to beating Rafa or Djokovic this year, his best efforts earned him only one set from ten tries against those two men on HC, so you should see my low hopes for Fed doing any damage on clay.