PDA

View Full Version : Something similar but different to a Ti Radical lol

crazygangsta
04-23-2004, 11:05 PM
Hi, I'm in need for a help here. Thanks to everyone who puts their suggestions as they really will help me alot.

Anyway, i'm not sure of the rating system so i will just call myself an advanced player who plays in just regional tournaments and usually make it to quarters...-_-

I currently have a Head Ti Radical, which i have enjoyed playing with. However, i think it's time for me to go looking for a racquet that would suit me more now, as i have purchased this racquet 3 years ago, and my style of playing has changed.

I put a lot more topspin than i did before, actually I put a lot of effort into all my shots creating quite a lot of spin, in slices, topspins etc. and serves.
Also, I tend to go into the net everytime i have the chance to, (whenever the ball is short or i make a good shot).

I'm looking for a racquet which can create a bit more spin and more power but also maintain the control i have with the Ti Radical. Also, i would like a racquet with a bit more "punch" in my volleys as the Ti Radical is sometimes too stiff when it comes to volleys.

Any suggestion?

Look forward to hearing from you and thank you~!!

rooski
04-24-2004, 01:17 PM
Dunlop 200G. Same dense string pattern as Ti Rad, soft flex, and an ounce or so heavier. The extra power will come from the extra heft (assuming you put the same speed swing to the shot).

Don't get rid of your Ti Rad yet, you might find that it's hard to replace. It is still a great racket!

Steve H.
04-24-2004, 02:23 PM
You don't say if you use a Radical midplus or oversize -- they're pretty different. Not sure the 200G would give you more spin than either one, although it is very solid and flexible.

In general, for what you describe look for a more open string pattern and more weight. Maybe the first thing to try would be adding some lead tape to your TiRad.

crazygangsta
04-24-2004, 09:27 PM
I use Ti Radical Midplus 4 1/2 grip.
Thanks for all the suggestions and advices. Really appreciate it.
Any others who have their opinions are more than welcome.
Thanks so much guys

Loud
04-25-2004, 06:02 AM
Give the Wilson PS Tour 95 a demo.