PDA

View Full Version : Has there ever been a player who...

sonicare
04-21-2011, 02:52 PM
played forehands on both sides?

we have seen players who play 2 handed on both sides. Would be awesome if someone ambidextrous was able to play forehands on both sides.

Imagine roger's fh on the right and rafa's fh on the left. JESUS..that would be an unbeatable combo. Add to that the ability to serve lefty or righty, we surely have a GOAT.

In sports, the only talented ambidextrous I can think of is Ronnie o sullivan.

BigServer1
04-21-2011, 03:12 PM
I mean, Rafa kinda does? He is naturally right handed, so his backhand is kind of a weird two handed forehand.

I know that doesn't count as what you're talking about, which would be awesome to see.

sonicare
04-21-2011, 03:21 PM
I mean, Rafa kinda does? He is naturally right handed, so his backhand is kind of a weird two handed forehand.

I know that doesn't count as what you're talking about, which would be awesome to see.

Well, Nadal isnt a true ambidextrous. He is cross handed i.e doing some things righty some lefty. I am the same.

Apparently true ambidextrous are about 1 in a 100. I just wish a true ambidextrous like O sullivan would pickup tennis and work hard on both sides.

I dont c why it would be any more difficult to learn 2 forehands. I mean, you just skip training the traditional backhand and work on the extra FH instead.

Devilito
04-21-2011, 03:27 PM
I dont c why it would be any more difficult to learn 2 forehands. I mean, you just skip training the traditional backhand and work on the extra FH instead.

pro tennis is fast. You don't have time to find 2 forehand grips and slide down the racquet handle depending on what side you have to hit the ball on that's why nobody does it. You could always just not bother sliding back down the grip then your alternate forehand would probably be so bad that a regular backhand would be way better

Mustard
04-21-2011, 03:46 PM
There was a female tennis player years ago who played forehands on both sides, but I can't remember her name. She played Monica Seles at the US Open one year, if I remember correctly.

Edit: Just checked. Her name was Eugenia Kulikovskaya. Seles beat her 6-1, 6-4 in the Round of 64 at the 2001 US Open.

FedError
04-21-2011, 03:54 PM
This guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W0PUSdo8dc

Zildite
04-21-2011, 03:57 PM
Battistone Bros count, kind of
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzNr90XZ05A