PDA

View Full Version : The Search for Andy Murray

GrawrD
04-22-2011, 08:32 PM
Hey guys!

Andy Murray is my favorite tennis player and I was determined to meet him at the BNP Paribas Open at Indiana Wells this year. Things didn't go quite as planned, but I think you guys might enjoy what did happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA3IYQ0V0bU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecIOyionjTs

Enjoy!

Gerard

ananda
04-22-2011, 09:27 PM
Just wasted 2 mins of my life watching first link.

Nothing here.

Forehand Avenger
04-23-2011, 11:01 AM
Just wasted 2 mins of my life watching first link.

Nothing here.
That's no way to greet a new member of the forum.

rainingaces
04-23-2011, 11:22 AM
I didnt know murray had any fans. looked like you got on ok, very good gerard. :)

BigForehand
04-23-2011, 03:51 PM
Murray sucks, I only like him when he beats ******.

his game is boring, plus he got owned by novak in january

ananda
04-23-2011, 08:25 PM
I didnt know murray had any fans. looked like you got on ok, very good gerard. :)
If Underhand can have fans, can't Murray ? :)

Zildite
04-23-2011, 08:30 PM
Quite good I thought, but leave Dolgopolov alone :evil::)

GrawrD
04-23-2011, 10:51 PM
Haha, thanks most of you....

Why so much Murray hate?

Pahansuopa
04-23-2011, 11:08 PM
Well done Gerard! Nice clips!

rovex
04-23-2011, 11:28 PM
Lmao, I died seeing the last Dolgo pic. You should go to Wimbledon stalking him there! :eek:

eidolonshinobi
04-23-2011, 11:48 PM
Well played sir, well played.

Big_Dangerous
04-24-2011, 12:00 AM
Was somewhat funny though at times you guys were really trying hard to be funny and you just weren't. Kind of made asses out yourselves at times.

And what the **** was up the cheap shot at Dolgopolov? Totally uncalled for, out of nowhere and really kind of pathetic.

Not to mention the way you butchered Paribas every time you said it.

It's French you idiots and you don't pronounce the "s."

http://www.forvo.com/word/banque_paribas/

I'm not sure if you were doing it on purpose or you were just that ignorant.

I'm betting it's the latter.

GrawrD
04-24-2011, 12:29 AM
Ouch, man. haha.

This was my first tennis tournament and I was just trying to have some fun.

The Dolgopolov thing was because this girl next to me at the Murrays doubles match kept saying how much she loved "The Dog" and can't represent a guy who beat the Murray Bros.

Seeing as I speak English and not French, the first time I saw the word "Paribas" I assumed you pronounced the "s". I eventually found out I was wrong, but then you got to roll with it.

Thanks for the view!

Was somewhat funny though at times you guys were really trying hard to be funny and you just weren't. Kind of made asses out yourselves at times.

And what the **** was up the cheap shot at Dolgopolov? Totally uncalled for, out of nowhere and really kind of pathetic.

http://www.forvo.com/word/banque_paribas/

I'm not sure if you were doing it on purpose or you were just that ignorant.

I'm betting it's the latter.

Antonio Puente
04-24-2011, 12:38 AM

How is Paris pronounced in English? If you're consistent, you probably should pronounce the s.

aphex
04-24-2011, 01:24 AM
How is Paris pronounced in English? If you're consistent, you probably should pronounce the s.

No, because with Paris, you don't pronounce the French word, but the English translation.
On the other hand, with Paribas, you pronounce the actual French word and not it's translation in English.

chalkflewup
04-24-2011, 03:27 AM
Murray needs two things to fix his game and image: a shave and a shrink. If he can ever get his head in order, he still has what it takes to win on Sunday.

jdubbs
04-24-2011, 07:44 AM
God this was just so painful to watch. Fans want to feel like they're important to..."Andy said he'd follow me on Twitter...I'm gonna hold him to it"

Just watch the matches and cheer for him, don't try to inject yourself into holding him to anything. The guy is just trying to make a living. Leave him alone.

GrawrD
04-24-2011, 09:27 AM
Hahahahahahahaha.

God this was just so painful to watch. Fans want to feel like they're important to..."Andy said he'd follow me on Twitter...I'm gonna hold him to it"

Just watch the matches and cheer for him, don't try to inject yourself into holding him to anything. The guy is just trying to make a living. Leave him alone.

Destro
04-24-2011, 11:50 AM
Murray sucks, I only like him when he beats ******.

his game is boring, plus he got owned by novak in january

Wow, what an insightful post. Please, bless us further with your pearls of wisdom.

Antonio Puente
04-24-2011, 01:25 PM
No, because with Paris, you don't pronounce the French word, but the English translation.
On the other hand, with Paribas, you pronounce the actual French word and not it's translation in English.

That makes no sense. Paris in English is not a translation - it's a different pronunciation. A translation would be the English equivalent of a given word.

batz
04-25-2011, 12:38 AM
That makes no sense. Paris in English is not a translation - it's a different pronunciation. A translation would be the English equivalent of a given word.

Like Munich/Munchen or Naples/Napoli?