PDA

View Full Version : Almagro Backhand Looking Incredible

The Baseline
04-23-2011, 04:34 PM
What a display of tennis this week by Nico Almagro. Sure he lost to Ferrer, but what about the backhand. The best backhand in tennis and one of the best backhands of all time. Almagro has really upped the ante in showing that he is ready to challenge Nadal in Paris. Nico has all the talent to beat Nadal, he also can beat Ferrer, he maybe just had a bad day timing the ball. Almagro is ready to rock and roll into Paris, and come out on top.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZhUv8M8v8Y

Jonny S&V
04-23-2011, 04:40 PM
It's a solid backhand, and I don't like to feed the trolls, but Gasquet's topspin backhand has him trumped. The only reason Gasquet doesn't do as well as Gourdo is because Gourdo's forehand is massively superior to Gasquets.

Nice try tho.

Zildite
04-23-2011, 04:41 PM
Yep, he may be a combined 0-14 against Nadal and Ferrer, but the time for King Nico has come!

Bud
04-23-2011, 04:41 PM
What a display of tennis this week by Nico Almagro. Sure he lost to Ferrer, but what about the backhand. The best backhand in tennis and one of the best backhands of all time. Almagro has really upped the ante in showing that he is ready to challenge Nadal in Paris. Nico has all the talent to beat Nadal, he also can beat Ferrer, he maybe just had a bad day timing the ball. Almagro is ready to rock and roll into Paris, and come out on top.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZhUv8M8v8Y

Based on what?

Nadal is 7-0 vs Almagro
Ferrer is 7-0 vs Almagro

Next time you may want to research their H2H records

aldeayeah
04-23-2011, 04:42 PM
Nico has pretty good groundstrokes and his movement is no longer a liability, but today Ferrer just was the better player.

I don't consider him much more of a threat than, say, a Wawrinka.

The Baseline
04-23-2011, 04:45 PM
It's a solid backhand, and I don't like to feed the trolls, but Gasquet's topspin backhand has him trumped. The only reason Gasquet doesn't do as well as Gourdo is because Gourdo's forehand is massively superior to Gasquets.

Nice try tho.

it was no try, fact is fact. almagros backhand wasnt well known until he stole the spotlight. ive been telling about his backhand for quite some time, ive been hyping almagro for a long time. people just have to accept fact. remember theres no one that hits the backhand with consistency and pace like almagro. remember that.

The Baseline
04-23-2011, 04:48 PM
Yep, he may be a combined 0-14 against Nadal and Ferrer, but the time for King Nico has come!

when he wins Paris, everyone stops looking at me like im stupid.

Cup8489
04-23-2011, 04:49 PM
it was no try, fact is fact. almagros backhand wasnt well known until he stole the spotlight. ive been telling about his backhand for quite some time, ive been hyping almagro for a long time. people just have to accept fact. remember theres no one that hits the backhand with consistency and pace like almagro. remember that.

rofl. almagro's backhand has always been on the radar.. since long before you joined TT. sorry.

The Baseline
04-23-2011, 04:51 PM
rofl. almagro's backhand has always been on the radar.. since long before you joined TT. sorry.

rofl......on the radar? almagros backhand is more fluid and more fundamental than everyone elses on tour. almagro is able to blast from the backhand side at will.

Bloodshed
04-23-2011, 05:54 PM
rofl......on the radar? almagros backhand is more fluid and more fundamental than everyone elses on tour. almagro is able to blast from the backhand side at will.

Again the f*cking backhand of Almagro? Dude how many threads will you create about how much you like to masturbate over his backhand or how he'll win RG by beating Nadal of all people that he's f*cken 0-7 against?

FFS stop posting BS.

Jonny S&V
04-23-2011, 05:56 PM

I've been a semi-fan of Gourdo for a long time as well, but the fact is that, although his backhand is good, Gasquet's (as well as Guga and a couple others) backhand is better than his.

Clay lover
04-23-2011, 06:13 PM
Almagro Backhand looking good, will will Roland Garros.

Cup8489
04-23-2011, 07:38 PM

Uh.... Not know what radar is? People have known almagro has had a great backhand for years... It's old news. Ur not exactly reinventing the wheel here

pstar
04-24-2011, 12:09 AM
I've been a semi-fan of Gourdo for a long time as well, but the fact is that, although his backhand is good, Gasquet's (as well as Guga and a couple others) backhand is better than his.

+1
Almagros main problem is in his own head. He gets to emotional on the court and make the wrong shot selections all the time. He thinks he can outpower guys like Ferrer on clay and thats not easy.

Gorecki
04-24-2011, 03:34 AM
Nico's BH was always a sight to behold, but his head is nothing to write home about.

now, as for him coming out on top, after having his arse handed by any of the two finalists of barcelona who are far superior clay courters, he might just come out on top, of a stretcher...

Hood_Man
04-24-2011, 04:04 AM
it was no try, fact is fact.

"Do, or do not. There is no try."

The Baseline
04-24-2011, 05:54 AM
Nico's BH was always a sight to behold, but his head is nothing to write home about.

now, as for him coming out on top, after having his arse handed by any of the two finalists of barcelona who are far superior clay courters, he might just come out on top, of a stretcher...

i think whenever almagro is at the top of his game, players like ferrer and nadal are hesitant. its all about timing with almagro, and when hes firing away at corners, especially on clay, he creates problems for nadal.

aldeayeah
04-24-2011, 05:55 AM
i think whenever almagro is at the top of his game, players like ferrer and nadal are hesitant. its all about timing with almagro, and when hes firing away at corners, especially on clay, he creates problems for nadal.

Well duh, but that's true for any player against any other player in any surface.

If you can hit the lines and not make errors, the opponent has a problem.

aphex
04-24-2011, 06:14 AM
when he wins Paris, everyone stops looking at me like im stupid.

That's not the reason people think you're stupid.

Breaker
04-24-2011, 07:46 AM
Don't let the trolls get you down OP, Almagro has every chance of doing well at RG and with some luck could get a top 8 seed and avoid the Nadal/Djokovic/Fed group until the quarters at least or hopefully end up in Murray's section.

rod99
04-24-2011, 09:12 AM
Almagro Backhand looking good, will will Roland Garros.

i didn't think he was eligible to play in the juniors anymore.

decades
04-24-2011, 10:24 AM
another pretty backhand that breaks down against uglier backhands.

Gorecki
04-24-2011, 10:33 AM
Almagro backhand looking good. will win a few points

Heracles
04-24-2011, 11:22 AM
Almagro is a very good player on clay. He has powerful and beautiful shots and is actually the on who resisted the better to Nadal at both Madrid and Roland Garros last year.

But he has also too many stupid loss like this year at Monte Carlo or last year at the same tournament against Tsonga on clay. He is vulnerable.

Nadal and Ferrer are better than him but he still has a lot of talent.

miyagi
04-24-2011, 11:28 AM
I don know I think the OP is confusing his like for Almagro for a genuine chance of him winning RG.

If we look at the facts he is very unlikely to win it, he has a great looking back hand but what makes you think that is enough to carry him to win.

He's not even going deep in these tournaments, I think whilst it isn't impossible you are wishful thinking!

Xizel
04-24-2011, 11:34 AM
I feel bad for OP and his worship for Almagro's BH. He's not winning a Major any time soon.

Leelord337
04-24-2011, 09:46 PM
Based on what?

Nadal is 7-0 vs Almagro
Ferrer is 7-0 vs Almagro

it is obvious almagro has the talent to beat nadal. almagro had 5 match points against rafa but just couldn't close it out here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcGYhfeMEx4).

BreakPoint
04-24-2011, 09:54 PM

Based on what?

Nadal is 7-0 vs Almagro
Ferrer is 7-0 vs Almagro

But as all tennis fans know, H2H is meaningless. :)