PDA

View Full Version : Tennis in Hong Kong

miki
06-23-2005, 08:54 PM
Any experience or knowledge?

arky-tennis
06-25-2005, 10:07 PM
What kind of court surface there? Regular hard?

bookem
06-26-2005, 01:09 AM
Depends on where you play.... Mostly hard courts.

Unless you know someone at one of the clubs, such as the American Club, your best bet may be Victoria Park near Causeway Bay. Word of warning-- don't show up alone. It's better if you can arrange a hit with someone because there seem to be very few "stragglers" looking for hits.

Another option may be to hit at one of the hotels. There are several but court fees can get pricey (US$60+/hr). There's one at Causeway Bay (Regent?) where the court is on the roof under a bubble; the pros there are usually Brit expats.

Good luck... If memory serves me right, there were several HK residents on this board (hlkfung?) who may be prowling...

nation
07-01-2005, 11:50 AM
Depends on where you play.... Mostly hard courts.

Another option may be to hit at one of the hotels. There are several but court fees can get pricey (US$60+/hr). There's one at Causeway Bay (Regent?) where the court is on the roof under a bubble; the pros there are usually Brit expats..

that will be the excelsior hotel in causeway bay. the only indoor courts in hong kong.

here's a link to tennis Hk's list of tennis clubs

http://www.tennishk.org/html/modules.php?name=Club

A good place to try would be HK university courts

dennis1188
07-02-2005, 03:07 PM
Private clubs r all syn. grass i.e. HK jockey club,CRC(HD courts),HKCC,Amer.club,Aberdeen Mariina Club., LRC, CCC.members & guests only, also many of the large residential developments i.e. Belchers hv residential clubs w/ courts.
Public courts r all hrd. courts advance booking w/ hr. fee.
Also, Try these folks they play twice a week at wong nei chung rd, HK tennis center (public courts).
http://www.hktennisclub.com/eng/index.php
Also, if u get to Macau, the Hyatt Regency has a very nice facility. Courts and pool r nice, tennis is managed by American group peter burwalsh int'l (sp?)
BTW say hello to Tim, at "mastergear" shop at Jaffe RD. CB,HK. cheers.
oh yeah, 90%-100% humidity there in hk next 4-5 months.