PDA

View Full Version : tennis.com Bias??

AlpineAce
04-25-2011, 10:58 AM
So I just noticed something....I realize tennis.com isnt exactly journalism's highest standard (more like the new york times, of tennis)
But they just had 3 "interveiws" with players that they posted on the "first thing you see box" (what ever they call it.), and it says "we sit down with Pros name to talk Rackets....etc etc.."

all 3 of those players were dunlop players... I thought that was WAY too coincidental.

anyone else??

heftylefty
04-25-2011, 11:29 AM
Tennis.com is the Access Hollywood-Entertainment Tonight of sport journalism. Tennis Magazine has sucked since World Tennis left the scene.

montrealforum
04-26-2011, 11:38 AM
tennisweek was excellent too in it's day but it folded.

try ubitennis.com or tennis-prose.com

Gaudio2004
04-26-2011, 12:04 PM
There are 2 main journalists on Tennis.com --> Peter Bodo and Steve Tignor, and unfortunately, only one of them is decent (Tignor), the majority of Bodo's articles are dreadful, if you happen to know a little about tennis, then even Tignor's pieces aren't very interesting.

Apart from my own blog and one or two others, it's very rare to find a tennis website that analyses matches without resorting to statistics for everything (the big tip . com. au) or is just plain awful and very basic (all of them).

Pozarevacka
04-26-2011, 12:55 PM
So I just noticed something....I realize tennis.com isnt exactly journalism's highest standard (more like the new york times, of tennis)
But they just had 3 "interveiws" with players that they posted on the "first thing you see box" (what ever they call it.), and it says "we sit down with Pros name to talk Rackets....etc etc.."

all 3 of those players were dunlop players... I thought that was WAY too coincidental.

anyone else??

Tennis.com is awful. Everything about that site is what is wrong with the tennis world.

Tesla was serb
04-26-2011, 01:11 PM
Tennis.com is awful. Everything about that site is what is wrong with the tennis world.

I agree tennis.com is total garbage.

montrealforum
04-26-2011, 06:30 PM
I'd rather come here to TW than tennis.com, this site has everything really. Everyone who comes here is a passionate fan of tennis. Tennis.com gets a lil boring at times, the creativity of content leaves something to be desired.

Herdsman76
04-26-2011, 06:35 PM
Oh Man, I miss World Tennis magazine....

fleabitten
04-26-2011, 07:25 PM
Apart from my own blog and one or two others, it's very rare to find a tennis website that analyses matches without resorting to statistics for everything ...

Great blog! Very well written. Do you have enough readers yet? Thanks for putting your blog address in you sig. I wish more people did that.

zak425
04-27-2011, 12:52 PM
I read it for Tignor nothing else