PDA

View Full Version : We are waiting for you Grigor..what are you waiting for?

pepe01
04-25-2011, 09:10 PM
Dimitrov is worth to see him, great tennis, but some thing is wrong, he has not power, or something like that, he is doing well on chalengers but he can not pass trough second round on ATP tournaments, we need players like Dimitrov, tennis need them, classic style, great technic and fast but i think he needs more power, he needs to develop a wepon, i am seeing better Milos Raonic.... so i hope Dimitrov show his face on ATP or Slams final stage this year....if not we can bring back with time machine those Lendl, Courier, Agassi, Becker, Edberg, Connors, Mccenroes, but according with modern tennis....so i can sit in front of my TV and not to loose any moment...or...i can go to play tennis and not see Rome, Madrid and RG due i know Nadal going win everything.

Regards

Ludwig von Mises
04-25-2011, 09:30 PM
Dimitrov is worth to see him, great tennis, but some thing is wrong, he has not power, or something like that, he is doing well on chalengers but he can not pass trough second round on ATP tournaments, we need players like Dimitrov, tennis need them, classic style, great technic and fast but i think he needs more power, he needs to develop a wepon, i am seeing better Milos Raonic.... so i hope Dimitrov show his face on ATP or Slams final stage this year....if not we can bring back with time machine those Lendl, Courier, Agassi, Becker, Edberg, Connors, Mccenroes, but according with modern tennis....so i can sit in front of my TV and not to loose any moment...or...i can go to play tennis and not see Rome, Madrid and RG due i know Nadal going win everything.

Regards

Wow, this type of English reminds me of the poetic Rafa Nadal, no?

This is hard to get through but yes Dimitrov is cool hope he plays better too. Raonic is great to watch. You forgot to mention Dolgopolov; I think he's got the sweetest game. Yes, tennis is incredibly boring with the current crew in the top ten, exempting Djoker and Fed. And clay court tennis with Ralph is unwatchable. I just watch old matches on DVD instead.

Lsmkenpo
04-25-2011, 09:41 PM
A major weapon is better than an average all around game to breakthrough,
that is what holds great junior players like Donald Young and Dimitrov back, with out a weapon it is hard to crack the top 50 in the ATP.

If he wants to be a top pro his forehand must improve and become a weapon very soon. I have my doubts, if he will ever be a top player.

His movement is not great, so he must try to dictate play, and without a big serve or forehand that is extremely hard at the top level of the game.

aphex
04-25-2011, 09:50 PM
A major weapon is better than an average all around game to breakthrough,
that is what holds great junior players like Donald Young and Dimitrov back, with out a weapon it is hard to crack the top 50 in the ATP.

If he wants to be a top pro his forehand must improve and become a weapon very soon. I have my doubts, if he will ever be a top player.

His movement is not great, so he must try to dictate play, and without a big serve or forehand that is extremely hard at the top level of the game.

Very true...the most important thing he's lacking is good movement...

Lsmkenpo
04-25-2011, 10:03 PM
Very true...the most important thing he's lacking is good movement...

Nonetheless, I do hope he breaks though, I like his attitude, especially when he said he was not that impressed after he played Nadal. :)

pepe01
04-28-2011, 07:06 PM
And now he is on QF for first time...may be he is going to win his first ATP tournament

glazkovss
04-29-2011, 07:34 AM
Nope, he isn't. If you are looking for powerful shots, they are here, just remember his match with Rafa in 2009 - he really went for it then.
he is the youngest in top 100 (the only teenager) and will be knocking on the top 50 after Munich, so hopes are still alive. Looks like he is getting better slowly but steadily.

Tshooter
05-04-2011, 09:25 PM
HD video from his 2nd round (qualies) loss to bellucci at the 2009 USO. To date it's the last match he's played at the USO. This year he should get direct entry into the main draw if he keeps his game up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IS0II0aAx5U

pepe01
05-05-2011, 09:29 PM
HD video from his 2nd round (qualies) loss to bellucci at the 2009 USO. To date it's the last match he's played at the USO. This year he should get direct entry into the main draw if he keeps his game up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IS0II0aAx5U

Thank you, added to my list, nice technic, i realy hope this guy reach top 20 soon, we need players like him.

Tshooter
05-05-2011, 09:53 PM
You're welcome.

Did you hear the jerk that yelled out "choker" when Grigor double faulted on match point. Always one jerk in the crowd.

GD has a very good looking game. Love his backhand.:)

Retra
05-06-2011, 08:42 AM

David Nalbandian.

But yes, it's not easy.

Devilito
05-06-2011, 08:55 AM
Watching Stan the Man rickroll Dimitrov at the Aus Open this year was a real eye opener. His game is fun to watch but to be honest he had NOTHING over Stan. Not one shot. Everything Stan did was better. So it’s going to be tough unless he develops something outstanding he can take control of matches with.

gramdacious
05-06-2011, 09:37 AM
what a beautiful game he has, hopefully he can break through

_maxi
05-06-2011, 03:22 PM
Dimitrov copied everything from Federer.

dominikk1985
05-06-2011, 04:01 PM
Dimitrov copied everything from Federer.

that's ********. because he plays a 1HBH?

Grigor plays a double bend FH while federer hits a straight arm FH. totally different.

I already wrote it in another thread. Grigors strokes basically look eaxctly like haas strokes. same FH and very similar BH.

see the videos:
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=378251

zapvor
05-06-2011, 04:10 PM
theres lots to look forward to in the new generation

Clay lover
05-06-2011, 04:20 PM
I think Golubev may have more career potential than Dimitrov.

cypher
05-06-2011, 04:27 PM
This overhyped kid is overhyped.

zapvor
05-06-2011, 04:32 PM
i mean i got my money on raonic...or dolgopolov. or someone else. who knows

AM95
05-06-2011, 05:02 PM
Wow, this type of English reminds me of the poetic Rafa Nadal, no?

This is hard to get through but yes Dimitrov is cool hope he plays better too. Raonic is great to watch. You forgot to mention Dolgopolov; I think he's got the sweetest game. Yes, tennis is incredibly boring with the current crew in the top ten, exempting Djoker and Fed. And clay court tennis with Ralph is unwatchable. I just watch old matches on DVD instead.

wow, really?

you realize that maybe english isnt the OP's first language???