PDA

View Full Version : Bethanie Mattek interview

montrealforum
04-26-2011, 09:45 AM
Wow, Bethanie Mattek is a great inteview, as colorful in personality as her crazy X Armour outfits ) She's been playing some excellent tennis this year too...

Check it:

http://www.tennisbloggers.com/archives/2583

Lsmkenpo
04-26-2011, 11:43 AM
I like this chick, she brings a little something extra, to what has become a boring women's tour.

I hope she continues to rise in the rankings.

bluetrain4
04-26-2011, 12:05 PM
I've always liked Mattek. I don't know if she's poised for any sort of BIG breakthrough, but she really has improved over the years. In the beginning when she was known only for her outfits, her resutlts were fairly non-existent. Her results are still spotty, to be sure, but she does have some good results here and there, and she soldiers on, playing a lot, playing doubles, and achieving a consistent 40-50ish ranking for the past few years. She's done it her own way, often without sponsors. She doesn't complain, represents her country when called, and generally has a great attitude. There's not much more you could ask for.

She does have some pockets of really good play when you wonder why she can't be a consistent Top 20. But, that's the case with many, many male and female players. Talent is one thing. Consistent performance is another.

dirtballer
04-26-2011, 03:07 PM
I like Bethanie but I'm not a fan of that full arm length tatoo. I don't mind smaller, understated tatoos but her's is just too overwhelming (IMO).

Fifth Set
04-26-2011, 03:20 PM
I WANT to like her given the serious shortage of active female American talent on the tour, but can't help thinking, "Poor man's Petkovic" whenever I see Bethanie. :(

NLBwell
04-26-2011, 09:11 PM
She seems to be appreciative of being a tennis player and enjoying her tennis life.