PDA

View Full Version : Nadal video -- courtside and behind the player

Tshooter
05-01-2011, 12:48 PM
Some video of Nadal practicing with Monaco.

For a few minutes it's an interesting perspective.

http://youtu.be/LX7MUWVwQIc

Fate Archer
05-01-2011, 01:13 PM
Nice back court rallies. Seems like Nadal practices a lot with Monaco. That's like the third video of them practicing that was posted this week alone.

Clay lover
05-01-2011, 06:42 PM
Sooo much spin

kishnabe
05-01-2011, 06:58 PM
Lol....Nadal gets more ****ed when practicing then when he plays matches.

Uvijek Argen
05-01-2011, 07:14 PM
Nice back court rallies. Seems like Nadal practices a lot with Monaco. That's like the third video of them practicing that was posted this week alone.

Yes, Pico Monaco is one of Nadal's best friends in and out the tour.

JoelDali
05-01-2011, 07:45 PM
These are higher level 5.5 players but I'd need to see league results to give a more accurate rating.

sixone90
05-01-2011, 08:30 PM
Nice outfit

zapvor
05-01-2011, 09:08 PM
crazy spin. its clearing the net by like 5ft!

TennisandMusic
05-01-2011, 11:38 PM
What I like about this video is how it shows how much of a non factor "grunting" is when you're actually at the site. The reason it's so "loud" on tv is because the courts are mic'd up. This video is exactly how it sounds in person, i.e., not loud whatsoever.

It also shows just how fast these guys play, another thing lost in high angles on tv. Also how "manly" the two hander is in practice. ;) Guys play the way they play because of how physical the game is now.

MichaelNadal
05-01-2011, 11:48 PM
That is a really really cool video, after watching that start to finish and with the autographs at the end it's beyond me how anyone can genuinely hate Rafa.

Sid_Vicious
05-01-2011, 11:55 PM
This video is so awesome. I am having no problems beating off to it.

Sid_Vicious
05-01-2011, 11:59 PM
That is a really really cool video, after watching that start to finish and with the autographs at the end it's beyond me how anyone can genuinely hate Rafa.
I am a huge Federer fan and one thing I never could agree with is the statement that Nadal's game is boring. The guy is ridiculously talented.

Maybe I am just not picky about playing styles. I was thoroughly entertained at the college tennis matches as well.

ericsson
05-02-2011, 12:02 AM
I am a huge Federer fan and one thing I never could agree with is the statement that Nadal's game is boring. The guy is ridiculously talented.

Fully agree!

MichaelNadal
05-02-2011, 12:08 AM

Maybe I am just not picky about playing styles. I was thoroughly entertained at the college tennis matches as well.

No, you're just reasonable and not a troll. There is nothing boring about Nadal's game, it's very entertaining. Really I don't think anyone's game is necessarily "boring" except someone with a crappy ground game like a Karlovic.

TennisFan3
05-02-2011, 12:18 AM
Wow! Nadal was so defensive in 2009. His forehand doesn't have much depth and I noticed he's playing with the older strings. There's a huge difference between this Nadal and the USO 2010 Nadal..

ledwix
05-02-2011, 12:35 AM
What I like about this video is how it shows how much of a non factor "grunting" is when you're actually at the site. The reason it's so "loud" on tv is because the courts are mic'd up. This video is exactly how it sounds in person, i.e., not loud whatsoever.

I disagree. Nadal in person grunts louder than this in matches. Practice is different. Comparison to real match: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wKWifqmXEw

But yeah, the angle thing is ridiculously different and more intense at this angle..shame.

racquet_jedi
05-02-2011, 12:49 AM
Wow, this has really changed my perception of Nadal's Forehand.

namelessone
05-02-2011, 01:41 AM
Wow, this has really changed my perception of Nadal's Forehand.

Nadal has immense power when we are talking about forehand. The ignoramuses who call his fh shots moonballs should watch this and the Nadal uber forehand video, taken when he was 17.

Nadal's "moonballs" not only come down with a lot of spin(so safety shot) but they come at you pretty fast unlike a normal moonball. This video just shows what great hand-eye coordination guys like davy or nalby have to take Nadal's balls on the rise and still make stupendous shots.

If Nadal would flatten his forehand more(finish across the body) at times, it would be a even more spectacular weapon.

nicolaisidek
05-02-2011, 11:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZ8CsYPUni0

Nadal did single hand backhand here. I won't mention when. Just watch

ssonosk
05-02-2011, 03:13 PM
that was a weak 1hb :(

Nadalfan89
05-02-2011, 06:52 PM
Those are the "moonballs" going to Federer's backhand. This perspective didn't give me more respect for Rafa; it gave me more respect for Federer.

Lsmkenpo
05-02-2011, 09:16 PM
Nadal has immense power when we are talking about forehand. The ignoramuses who call his fh shots moonballs should watch this and the Nadal uber forehand video, taken when he was 17.

Nadal's "moonballs" not only come down with a lot of spin(so safety shot) but they come at you pretty fast unlike a normal moonball. This video just shows what great hand-eye coordination guys like davy or nalby have to take Nadal's balls on the rise and still make stupendous shots.

If Nadal would flatten his forehand more(finish across the body) at times, it would be a even more spectacular weapon.

This video is old, Nadal doesn't hit with this much net clearance when he plays on HC anymore.