PDA

View Full Version : roddick is a cheater

dozu
05-02-2011, 10:44 AM
don't tell me he didn't know that he hit the ball on the 2nd bounce.

Mortifier
05-02-2011, 10:47 AM
It looked like it bounced twice, can agree with you on that. Don't know about how he saw it though.

Later said that "Leyhani missed the mark". He was wrong, the ball was out and the point was rightly awarded to Cipolla. But that's an other point, not the same subject exactly.

dozu
05-02-2011, 10:52 AM
even if he didn't see... it feels completely different, between hitting a ball that is dropping after the first bounce, and a ball that is short-hopping after the 2nd bounce.

there is no way for a pro not to know that.

bfactor61
05-02-2011, 10:55 AM
anyone hear him drop the f-bomb?

bfactor61
05-02-2011, 11:03 AM
cipolla is playing great!

TMF
05-02-2011, 11:30 AM
I missed that. Please post the Utube video when available.

Bhagi Katbamna
05-02-2011, 12:43 PM
Unknowns who have never won big matches are made to look great by the way Roddick plays.

blip
05-02-2011, 12:47 PM
Roddick is on his 4-5th Fbomb and being an *** to everyone out there. Why doesn't he serve and volley more? He is not number 12...

Time to scrape his name of my racket:twisted:

dozu
05-02-2011, 12:52 PM
the guy is a cheater and a whiner.

Go Cipolla!

Cesc Fabregas
05-02-2011, 12:53 PM
Wheres NamRanger and BreakPoint?

blip
05-02-2011, 01:10 PM
Way to keep playing Cipolla. Great win. He looked scared after he nailed Roddick on match point. I love the way he went right at him!

rdis10093
05-02-2011, 01:15 PM
cipolla was rude, I didn't like, when he challanged the outball, and Roddick marked it and said it was out, yet he still made the umpire get out of his chair, and about the drop shot, he got to it.

BrooklynNY
05-02-2011, 01:17 PM
I saw, he def knew it bounced twice. He just knows he needs every point he can get on clay.

Another reason why I was never a Roddick fan.

rdis10093
05-02-2011, 01:19 PM
I am not a roddick ran, just think both players were a little rude, the match point was also not so great.
the drop shot was close, but from what I watched on espn3, I say he got to it.

tomp
05-02-2011, 01:20 PM
I am afraid Roddick is a sore loser, that handshake was not acceptable, neither was his use of language or the racket smash. None of which he was punished for.

Cipolla deserved that win and was not rude, would you take word from Roddick that a ball was out, I think not.

rdis10093
05-02-2011, 01:22 PM
I am afraid Roddick is a saw loser, that handshake was not acceptable, neither was his use of language or the racket smash. None of which he was punished for.

Cipolla deserved that win and was not rude, would you take word from Roddick that a ball was out, I think not.
I wish I could be a "saw loser," just joke, I have bad language all the time.

jmverdugo
05-02-2011, 01:28 PM
I think it is really hard to really know if the ball bounce twice specially if you are running forward and stretching for the ball, if you add that it was on clay I would say that it is more than fair to give him the benefit of the doubt.

rdis10093
05-02-2011, 01:30 PM
typo, not bad language. Bad language makes it sound as if a say profanity.

cypher
05-02-2011, 01:31 PM
Roddick is on his 4-5th Fbomb and being an *** to everyone out there. Why doesn't he serve and volley more? He is not number 12...

Yeah, pretty weird he never got a warning considering he dropped the f-bomb loudly atleast five times.

tenis1
05-02-2011, 01:48 PM
Nothing new. Same old Roddick's antics.

marc45
05-02-2011, 02:04 PM

i've said this for a while...andy roddick has said the f word more than anybody else in the history of television....well, maybe except hbo/sopranos

Squall Leonheart
05-02-2011, 02:05 PM
This reminds me of the Olympics when Gonzo touched Blake's ball before the first bounce, then later claimed he didn't know if he touched the ball... If you're a professional tennis player and you're not sure whether or not you touched the ball, I think it's time to start looking for a new job...

marc45
05-02-2011, 02:07 PM
anyone hear him drop the f-bomb?.............................

nissrro
05-02-2011, 02:12 PM

didnt he say..." you f**ing suck!!" or something? lol

rdis10093
05-02-2011, 02:15 PM
This reminds me of the Olympics when Gonzo touched Blake's ball before the first bounce, then later claimed he didn't know if he touched the ball... If you're a professional tennis player and you're not sure whether or not you touched the ball, I think it's time to start looking for a new job...
he touched the serve before it bounced, or a ground stroke?

HellBunni
05-02-2011, 02:23 PM
he touched the serve before it bounced, or a ground stroke?

i think that one was a ground stroke, which then went out.

rdis10093
05-02-2011, 02:29 PM
i think that one was a ground stroke, which then went out.
that make since, I was so confused with the touch before the bounce, I am like that's a volley right?

pauliewa
05-02-2011, 02:31 PM
he is also a dopey meathead

Noltae
05-02-2011, 02:36 PM
The demise of Roddick is going to be so funny to watch - the guy is an idiot....

Overheadsmash
05-02-2011, 02:55 PM
You guys must be young. Roddick is tame compared to Johnny Mac and Jimmy Connors. Pretty funny though - Andy got bounced by a guy who is what - 160th in the world?

I agree about serving and volleying more. He needed to attack more and get that guy back on his heels. Instead, he tries to go with the baseline rally and he loses.

pauliewa
05-02-2011, 03:04 PM
You guys must be young. Roddick is tame compared to Johnny Mac and Jimmy Connors. Pretty funny though - Andy got bounced by a guy who is what - 160th in the world?

I agree about serving and volleying more. He needed to attack more and get that guy back on his heels. Instead, he tries to go with the baseline rally and he loses.

Just one of those things though for me, with jmac and conners you were on their side and laughing-but not at them.

I agree-but his volley game can be quite pathetic at times-or should I say a lot of the time.

Mainad
05-02-2011, 03:12 PM

What is it about top players called Andy crashing out to qualifiers in the 1st round?? :shock:

rdis10093
05-02-2011, 03:55 PM
wrong post

Ripster
05-02-2011, 03:58 PM
Roddick acted like a tool during the match. Complaining about the ball bouncing once when it clearly hit twice, questioning good calls by the umpire and getting mad at Cipolla for asking the umpire to check a mark because he didn't believe Roddick (who would after Roddick tried to cheat on the double bounce)

cc0509
05-02-2011, 03:59 PM
I missed that. Please post the Utube video when available.

Yes, I missed this gem as well today! Just trying to catch up now. You mean Roddick freaked out again? He is soooooo pathetic. I can't stand him.

blip
05-02-2011, 04:09 PM
Just one of those things though for me, with jmac and conners you were on their side and laughing-but not at them.

I agree-but his volley game can be quite pathetic at times-or should I say a lot of the time.

Not even serve and volley. It was pathetic seeing him hit a sweet shot out wide, then wait for the ball at the baseline only to hit the ball right back at the dude. Even when guy hit it back high and slow off serve, Roddick sat and waited. He got killed with that slice backhand bait fish!

It was fun watching him fail over and over.

These are the reasons I watch the tour though, to get pointers on what works and whats foolish.

mctennis
05-02-2011, 04:43 PM

Yep, I think he did a couple of times. The one time was really obvious.

sureshs
05-02-2011, 05:04 PM
He will soon host his charity tournament and all will be forgiven.

mellowyellow
05-02-2011, 05:14 PM
I don't understand what ARod was so upset about, he plays a guy that qualified to get in the tourney, and ARod last played at the Erricson on hard about a month ago. What did he expect was going to happen not playing any clay and playing a guy on a winning streak on his least favorite surface?

Mustard
05-02-2011, 05:24 PM

When Roddick goes mad with the umpire, he tends to cut a pathetic figure. McEnroe was different as he had an intelligence behind his outbursts rather than just rambling. Connors was even worse in some ways, able to play the crowd like a puppet master against his opponent and the umpire. Like I say, Roddick's demeanour when he loses his temper just makes people think "get on with it, for goodness sakes, and stop your whinging". With McEnroe and Connors, it was more like being stunned into silence with the volume of their objections and wondering what they are going to say.

Ripster
05-02-2011, 05:33 PM
Not even serve and volley. It was pathetic seeing him hit a sweet shot out wide, then wait for the ball at the baseline only to hit the ball right back at the dude. Even when guy hit it back high and slow off serve, Roddick sat and waited. He got killed with that slice backhand bait fish!

It was fun watching him fail over and over.

These are the reasons I watch the tour though, to get pointers on what works and whats foolish.

Roddick on clay is painful to watch. He needs to serve and volley more because his back court game is not at all intimidating. There were so many times when Cipolla would just slowly chip back 1st serves and if Roddick were at the net he could have easily put them away. Instead he decided to grind it out and ended up getting pushed to death.

freshtrinity46
05-02-2011, 06:30 PM
Nothing new. Same old Roddick's antics.

in other words an embarrassment

cc0509
05-02-2011, 06:48 PM
When Roddick goes mad with the umpire, he tends to cut a pathetic figure. McEnroe was different as he had an intelligence behind his outbursts rather than just rambling. Connors was even worse in some ways, able to play the crowd like a puppet master against his opponent and the umpire. Like I say, Roddick's demeanour when he loses his temper just makes people think "get on with it, for goodness sakes, and stop your whinging". With McEnroe and Connors, it was more like being stunned into silence with the volume of their objections and wondering what they are going to say.

Nah, I think McEnroe was just as bad if not worse than Roddick. Connors was bad as well, but with him, he was working the crowd at the same time to try and pump them up. All three of them are not always the most pleasant personalities that is for sure.

tacou
05-02-2011, 08:25 PM

there was intelligence behind macs outbursts..? going to have to disagree with you there

Overheadsmash
05-02-2011, 08:36 PM
I remember Jimmy Connors got mad in the final of some tournament (Miami?) and just packed up his stuff and left like halfway through the first set. He hosed all those people. Now that is being a real tool.

cypher
05-02-2011, 08:42 PM

McEnroe's outbursts could actually help him to start playing better. Roddick's outbursts never helps him. A lot of times it just gets worse, almost every little thing starts to annnoy him and he picks on umpire, linesmen or ballkids. And then he loses the match.

forthegame
05-02-2011, 09:49 PM
Didn't watch the match but caught the highlights on the ATP site. Wow, the MP was played straight at Roddick but I'm not sure it was intentional and Cipolla apologised straight away.

I know it's a legitimate ploy when your opponent is at net but can be taken the wrong way sometimes. He apologised and it's up to Roddick to suck it up and move on. He's a pro and will do so.

Not looking good for his FO campaign. Should play more clay matches if he wants to go deep.....

OHAI
05-02-2011, 10:02 PM
cipolla was rude, I didn't like, when he challanged the outball, and Roddick marked it and said it was out, yet he still made the umpire get out of his chair, and about the drop shot, he got to it.

Why,so,many,commas?

Do, you, go, to, school?

vascoboy
05-03-2011, 07:22 AM
Why,so,many,commas?

Do, you, go, to, school?

is it really necessary to correct others' grammatical errors? and then demean by asking if he goes to school?
let's keep the posts constructive and on topic please! if you disagree

Shangri La
05-03-2011, 12:34 PM
Roddick?? El, oh, el.

TMF
05-03-2011, 01:00 PM
I watched the replay yesterday on TTC and Roddick was saying the "F" word multiple times during the 3rd game of the 3rd set. The audible was so clear even the commentator had to appologize to the viewers.

BrooklynNY
05-03-2011, 01:11 PM
Funny when people say Roddick needs to serve and volley more, like he is actually good at serving and volleying, or even practices it at all.

I love when he S&V on 2nd serves, on clay. Like you've had a 10 yr career, never really S&V successfully, now you want to S&V, on your 2nd serve, on clay. Oooook buddy.

tangerine
05-03-2011, 01:23 PM
I watched the replay yesterday on TTC and Roddick was saying the "F" word multiple times during the 3rd game of the 3rd set. The audible was so clear even the commentator had to appologize to the viewers.
I've never understood why commentators feel the need to apologize for an athlete's behavior or language on court. :confused: Are we all helpless children who need to have our hands held and our virgin ears protected from such language, as if we've never heard it before?

Personally, I think the best reaction when somebody audibly curses like that is no reaction. Competitive sport will always bring out the best and worst in people. It is what is.

ssonosk
05-03-2011, 02:01 PM
I've never understood why commentators feel the need to apologize for an athlete's behavior or language on court. :confused: Are we all helpless children who need to have our hands held and our virgin ears protected from such language, as if we've never heard it before?

Personally, I think the best reaction when somebody audibly curses like that is no reaction. Competitive sport will always bring out the best and worst in people. It is what is.

Because it's rude to swear like that, and commentators are those old proper type.

But eh i say if Andy does it right people will pay to watch the bad guy

ssonosk
05-03-2011, 02:29 PM
and wow i just watched some of the match; Roddick seemed scared to move into the court and play aggressively, and when he did come to the net his vollys were so bad. He hit tapped it straight to the guy on some. :s

Big_Dangerous
05-03-2011, 02:59 PM
is it really necessary to correct others' grammatical errors? and then demean by asking if he goes to school?
let's keep the posts constructive and on topic please! if you disagree

In that case, yes. Maybe the insult was a little harsh, but clearly the kid doesn't understand or doesn't care about using grammatically correct sentences. That was just a really poor effort and he shouldn't be allowed to get away with it.

ARIARAIDEN
05-03-2011, 03:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSjHuN6xY5w

LuckyR
05-03-2011, 03:27 PM
McEnroe's outbursts could actually help him to start playing better. Roddick's outbursts never helps him. A lot of times it just gets worse, almost every little thing starts to annnoy him and he picks on umpire, linesmen or ballkids. And then he loses the match.

Johnnie Mac/Conners/Nastase all played the umpires/linesmen to get a tactical advantage. This was quite effective, especially for the first two.

Andy Roddick is not trying to play the officials, he is truly upset. I don't like it or condone it, but it pure bad bahavior, not bordering on cheating, like the others.

Ripster
05-03-2011, 04:21 PM
Funny when people say Roddick needs to serve and volley more, like he is actually good at serving and volleying, or even practices it at all.

I love when he S&V on 2nd serves, on clay. Like you've had a 10 yr career, never really S&V successfully, now you want to S&V, on your 2nd serve, on clay. Oooook buddy.

Better he try to S&V rather than getting grinded to death from the baseline. Yeah, he isn't that great at serve and volleying but he doesn't need to be when Cipolla is floating slice returns 10 feet over the net. Andy could barely hold serve in that match because he tried to grind it out at the baseline after serves and occasionally come in on lousy approach shots.

npadreman
05-03-2011, 04:31 PM
Roddick imploded and it looked like he hates tennis - tentative every time he approached the net, and miserable every time he had to grind out a point from the baseline- he probably wants to quit after that match

Rickenbacker4003
05-03-2011, 08:31 PM
Gladly Roddick is only good at being a dick on court nowadays. He said "you fcking suck!!!" after a missed backhand in the third set and I said, "what took you so long?" He's a goner. OK, he always loses on clay, but even on hardcourt he's stinking it up.

Rickenbacker4003
05-03-2011, 08:33 PM

After seeing Roddick get passed at net like 30 times the people here say he needs to serve and volley? Have you people ever seen a Roddick match in your lives?! The last thing Roddick should ever do is come to net for anything, outside of shaking hands at net after losing another match to a nobody.

zapvor
05-03-2011, 08:56 PM
awesome thread lol

Pidgeon
05-03-2011, 11:52 PM
After seeing Roddick get passed at net like 30 times the people here say he needs to serve and volley? Have you people ever seen a Roddick match in your lives?! The last thing Roddick should ever do is come to net for anything, outside of shaking hands at net after losing another match to a nobody.

:D funny stuff

wy2sl0
05-04-2011, 06:55 AM
Roddick has been my guy since I started watching, but I sware he makes it so difficult sometimes.

WHAT IS HE DOING!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u7D3iQxlUo

So AGGRESIVE!!! I don't understand what a guy....

blip
05-04-2011, 08:07 AM

After watching some nice first serves then the floaters that came back, I thought a nice S&V game might help. I didn't expect him to do so on second serves.

Either way, it looks like he's done. Watching Nadals match really puts his game in persepctive.

GoaLaSSo
05-04-2011, 09:42 AM
Roddick has been my guy since I started watching, but I sware he makes it so difficult sometimes.

WHAT IS HE DOING!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u7D3iQxlUo

So AGGRESIVE!!! I don't understand what a guy....

If roddick played like that now he would beat everyone on tour outside of the top three :evil:

npadreman
05-06-2011, 04:26 PM
If roddick played like that now he would beat everyone on tour outside of the top three :evil:

wow, what a contrast - that wasn't long ago either- marriage seems to have done a number on him

NamRanger
05-06-2011, 07:29 PM

There are actually very few players who can beat an aggressive big serving Roddick who is playing well. Hewitt during his prime because he was such a good counter puncher, and Federer because his game is so well rounded.

I'd like an aggressive Roddick's chances against everyone but Federer, simply because Federer is just a bad match-up.

wy2sl0
05-07-2011, 06:04 AM
There are actually very few players who can beat an aggressive big serving Roddick who is playing well. Hewitt during his prime because he was such a good counter puncher, and Federer because his game is so well rounded.

I'd like an aggressive Roddick's chances against everyone but Federer, simply because Federer is just a bad match-up.

He is done though. Bad coaching from Stefanki, I mean Connors must have been the one to tell him, "Hit it as hard as you can, or you will be guaranteed a loss...." Only time he had a good gameplan was 09 Wimb. Serve big, hit shots deeper, use slice to keep the ball low.