PDA

View Full Version : Will Roger ever beat Nadal in a slam ever again ?

Nadal = Borg
05-02-2011, 07:33 PM
What do you think?

kishnabe
05-02-2011, 07:36 PM
Roger will beat Nadal one more time at Wimbledon or US open....but Rafa will smoke him many times...propbably ending the h2h 10-3 or 4 in slams.

nadalbestclass
05-02-2011, 07:46 PM
Sure! Why? Because that eez the tennis, no?

That being said, he'll probably need some help from Rafa to do it.

paulorenzo
05-02-2011, 07:52 PM
i would like to see them play each other in a slam again, as most people would. they haven't played each other on the big stage in two years, so one would say they're overdue for a meeting at the majors. however, it would take two weeks of good results from both players at the same time to meet up at a semi or a final of a major. It would take some effort to get there, but i wouldn't count federer out if he actually gets to a final/sf to meet nadal.

tlm
05-02-2011, 07:57 PM
I doubt that fed can even make a final.

Netspirit
05-02-2011, 08:00 PM
The real question is whether or not Roger will ever beat Nadal again.

I wish we could watch Federer 2005 vs. Nadal 2010. The best approximations are probably Wimbledon 2007 final and Rome 2006 final.

SoBad
05-02-2011, 08:02 PM
Tough question. Federer did really well last time he faced Nadal at the French, and looks to be in his best clay form ever this year, so Nadal should be very scared going into the French.

Bud
05-02-2011, 08:10 PM
Not likely

However, we'd all still like to see Rafa beat Fed at the USO for the career Fed slam :)

tlm
05-02-2011, 08:32 PM
Tough question. Federer did really well last time he faced Nadal at the French, and looks to be in his best clay form ever this year, so Nadal should be very scared going into the French.

Ya i am sure that fed is really making him nervous.

borg number one
05-02-2011, 08:40 PM
I would go with Nadal even at Wimbledon, the US Open or the AO as of now, but suppose:

1. Nadal's is pushed far in his matches, while Federer coasts somewhat and they meet?
2. There is a significant injury issue.
3. Federer just gets hot and Nadal is off. Nadal is now expected to prevail, per common wisdom, so Federer could basically just "go for broke" somewhat with less expected of him.
4. Suppose Federer plays for say 2 more years and experiences a resurgence before retiring? He may have several more chances to do it.

So, for those reasons, I went with 50-50.

Nadal = Borg
05-02-2011, 08:45 PM
I would go with Nadal even at Wimbledon, the US Open or the AO as of now, but suppose:

1. Nadal's is pushed far in his matches, while Federer coasts somewhat and they meet?
3. Federer just gets hot and Nadal is off. Nadal is now expected to prevail, per common wisdom, so Federer could basically just "go for broke" somewhat with less expected of him.
4. Suppose Federer plays for say 2 more years and experiences a resurgence before retiring? He may have several more chances to do it.

I love the avatar!!!

eidolonshinobi
05-02-2011, 08:54 PM
Neutrality ftw

Mick
05-02-2011, 08:57 PM
right now nadal is 1, djokovic is 2, federer is 3, and murray is 4.
let's say all the seeds get through, federer would have to beat both djokovic and nadal to win the title. that's pretty tough.

borg number one
05-02-2011, 09:19 PM
I love the avatar!!!

Thanks. That's a great Fila ad with Borg.

borg number one
05-02-2011, 09:22 PM
right now nadal is 1, djokovic is 2, federer is 3, and murray is 4.
let's say all the seeds get through, federer would have to beat both djokovic and nadal to win the title. that's pretty tough.

I agree. That's similar to Borg in 1981. At Wimbledon, he went 5 sets and beat Connors in the SF, but lost to McEnroe. At the US Open, he beat Connors in straight sets in the SF and then faced McEnroe in the final. Beating Connors/McEnroe at the same major (on a fast surface especially) is no easy task. It would be tough, but I think Federer could pull it off. If he played a great SF, things can change very quick in tennis.

Bud
05-02-2011, 09:25 PM

Anything's possible

However, the likely scenario is Nadal defeats Federer in nearly every future encounter... the exception being the WTF

cocolate
05-02-2011, 09:35 PM
Anything's possible

However, the likely scenario is Nadal defeats Federer in nearly every future encounter... the exception being the WTF

if he can't beat Federer at WTF how can he beat him at the much faster USO.This means Federer even has a chance at wimbledon where he is 2-1 with Nadal.

Ray Mercer
05-02-2011, 09:37 PM
At this stage of their career Federer would have to be playing excellent and it would probably have to be the US Open or possibly Wimbledon. The French isn't happening and the Aussie is just too slow.

MichaelNadal
05-02-2011, 11:12 PM
Will he beat Rafa again? Probably, depends on him. At a slam? No.

Bud
05-02-2011, 11:49 PM
if he can't beat Federer at WTF how can he beat him at the much faster USO.This means Federer even has a chance at wimbledon where he is 2-1 with Nadal.

It's not the speed but the low bounce of the indoor WTF surface that gives Federer a huge advantage.

Federer will never beat Nadal at Wimbledon again. That ship sailed 4 years ago, in 2007, when Federer was in his prime.

cocolate
05-02-2011, 11:53 PM
It's not the speed but the low bounce of the indoor WTF surface that gives Federer a huge advantage.

Federer will never beat Nadal at Wimbledon again. That ship sailed 4 years ago, in 2007, when Federer was in his prime.

lol, if federer drops mor ein the ranking and meets Nadal at wimbledon in the first week when there is still grass on the court he will surely win.Nadal always has big troubles at wimbledon when the court is in good shape(see last year).

Bud
05-02-2011, 11:58 PM
lol, if federer drops mor ein the ranking and meets Nadal at wimbledon in the first week when there is still grass on the court he will surely win.Nadal always has big troubles at wimbledon when the court is in good shape(see last year).

Assuming Federer continues playing...

You think in 2-3 years when Federer is 32-33 years old and meeting Nadal (who will be 27-28 ) in the first 3 rounds... Federer will beat Nadal at Wimbledon? :grin:

AlpineCadet
05-03-2011, 12:00 AM
Federer needs a time-machine to completely pwn everyone leading up to Nadal in a GS. There, are you happy?

cocolate
05-03-2011, 12:06 AM
Assuming Federer continues playing...

You think in 2-3 years when Federer is 32-33 years old and meeting Nadal (who will be 27-28 ) in the first 3 rounds... Federer will beat Nadal at Wimbledon? :grin:

Nadal won't have power left in his knees so i say yes.

borg number one
05-03-2011, 12:25 AM
I forgot for a bit, but that 2007 final was a doozy! Nadal was red hot in that fourth set, then the tweak of the knee and he wasn't the same. I felt that were it not for that point, Nadal was on the verge of taking that title.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axKTGRXGFpQ

borg number one
05-03-2011, 12:35 AM

In tennis, things like that can happen. We'll see how it plays out. It seems as if his recent approach has significantly improved his ability to maintain his knees.

Bud
05-03-2011, 12:51 AM

Nadal's knees seem better now than ever.

If you look back to his matches from 2004-05 through 2009, he's wearing the tendonitis bands on one or both knees. Since he had the plasma treatment(s), no knee problems.

So, I wouldn't count on Nadal's knees taking him out of tennis.

abmk
05-03-2011, 12:57 AM
I forgot for a bit, but that 2007 final was a doozy! Nadal was red hot in that fourth set, then the tweak of the knee and he wasn't the same. I felt that were it not for that point, Nadal was on the verge of taking that title.

oh please, he was fine after that as well. Held for 4 straight games after that and had federer at 15-40 twice, which federer bailed himself out with phenomenal play ... It was federer who outplayed and out-toughed him , had NOTHING to do with the so called injury - he was moving well and playing well after that as well

tudwell
05-03-2011, 01:03 AM
I'm a huge Federer fan, but I doubt he'll even reach Nadal again in a slam, let alone beat him.

MichaelNadal
05-03-2011, 01:03 AM
I remember being on the edge of my seat for that 07 Wimby final, good times.

borg number one
05-03-2011, 01:04 AM
oh please, he was fine after that as well. Held for 4 straight games after that and had federer at 15-40 twice, which federer bailed himself out with phenomenal play ... It was federer who outplayed and out-toughed him , had NOTHING to do with the so called injury - he was moving well and playing well after that as well

Then why did the commentators make specific mention of it? I saw him definitely favoring it. At that time, you don't do that unless it is. He could have won 4 games and still had a knee issue. The two things aren't mutually exclusive. He definitely lost form in my opinion. His level in the middle of the fourth set was excellent and that was his best form of the match overall I thought.

vllaznia
05-03-2011, 01:04 AM

Oh please after the tweak just as abmk said Nadal was fine he had several break points in the final set, but was Federer who saved them with great shots.

cocolate
05-03-2011, 01:08 AM
Then why did the commentators make specific mention of it? I saw him definitely favoring it. At that time, you don't do that unless it is. He could have won 4 games and still had a knee issue. The two things aren't mutually exclusive. He definitely lost form in my opinion. His level in the middle of the fourth set was excellent and that was his best form of the match overall I thought.

Nadal had one broken leg, 5 broken arms, his balls were bandaged....otherwise he wouldn't have lost.

borg number one
05-03-2011, 01:18 AM
Nadal had one broken leg, 5 broken arms, his balls were bandaged....otherwise he wouldn't have lost.

No, I think Federer still may have won that '07 final, but Nadal took it up a level and then Federer would have had to match it. It was a very good match.

TennisFan3
05-03-2011, 01:30 AM
Sure Fed can beat Nadal in a slam. To do that Fed would need to Tag team Nadal. Sorta like a 1-2-3 punch.

Delpo - Murray - Fed for ex. By the time Nadal reaches Fed, he'll be ripe for the picking.

Especially coz Murray is the Vampire who sucks Nadal's blood and makes sure he loses the next match.

TennisFan3
05-03-2011, 01:36 AM
No, I think Federer still may have won that '07 final, but Nadal took it up a level and then Federer would have had to match it. It was a very good match.

Nadal f***ed up his own chances because of his knees, not to say Nadal would've definitely won, but it could have been a Wimb '08 like match with both players playing well at the same time.

In set 4 Rafa had the momentum and Fed was flabbergasted given the way Fed shrieked like a school girl at the umpire. That's probably Fed's worst outburst on a tennis court coz he knew he was being steamrolled and Nadal was in a zone.. Next thing you know Nadal called the trainer just when he had all the momentum in the world. And we're all left wondering.. darn..it's the F****ing knees. Why would Nadal call the trainer at such a crucial time and break him momentum, unless he didn't have an actual problem?

Anyway, as expected, Fed lifted his game like a champion and put on some of the best clutch serving I've ever seen from him., when he fought of all those breakpoints in set 5. Nadal was hurting, but he was outplayed in the final set, and Fed's resilience and his own fragility drove him to despair until he was a broken man by the end.

Forget all this, in spite of potentially losing a GS because of his knees, what does Nadal do next? Exactly. He goes to play freaking' Stuttgart immediately after Wimbledon.

For a guy who's such a great player, Nadal can be incredibly dumb with his scheduling ; he's sacrificed tons of slams by playing on one leg.. That's why I think he probably won't challenge Sampras/Fed's numbers when all is said and done.

abmk
05-03-2011, 01:52 AM

what else did federer do in the 5th set if not raise his level ? Sleep ? Go and watch it again.

Yes, 4th set was nadal's best level, but he still wouldn't probably have gotten the 2nd break in that set had it not been for hawkeye scr*wing it up . Just because he didn't maintain his 4th set level in the 5th doesn't mean he was affected by the injury , just means his form came down by a bit. The fact that he held rather easily for his next 4 service games and had federer in trouble in 2 of his shows he was still playing darn well. Again, I'll say , watch it again.

It wasn't just a very good match, it was a great match, only eclipsed by the next year's final , mainly because that involved a longer 5th set and a big comeback . If anything the quality of this match, IMO, was slightly better than the 2008 final

Bud
05-03-2011, 02:14 AM
Nadal f***ed up his own chances because of his knees, not to say Nadal would've definitely won, but it could have been a Wimb '08 like match with both players playing well at the same time.

In set 4 Rafa had the momentum and Fed was flabbergasted given the way Fed shrieked like a school girl at the umpire. That's probably Fed's worst outburst on a tennis court coz he knew he was being steamrolled and Nadal was in a zone.. Next thing you know Nadal called the trainer just when he had all the momentum in the world. And we're all left wondering.. darn..it's the F****ing knees. Why would Nadal call the trainer at such a crucial time and break him momentum, unless he didn't have an actual problem?

Anyway, as expected, Fed lifted his game like a champion and put on some of the best clutch serving I've ever seen from him., when he fought of all those breakpoints in set 5. Nadal was hurting, but he was outplayed in the final set, and Fed's resilience and his own fragility drove him to despair until he was a broken man by the end.

Forget all this, in spite of potentially losing a GS because of his knees, what does Nadal do next? Exactly. He goes to play freaking' Stuttgart immediately after Wimbledon.

For a guy who's such a great player, Nadal can be incredibly dumb with his scheduling ; he's sacrificed tons of slams by playing on one leg.. That's why I think he probably won't challenge Sampras/Fed's numbers when all is said and done.

I think you're forgetting that in June/July 2007, Nadal had just turned 21 years old. He's learning a bit more each year and seems to have gotten a good feel for what his body can endure... at the ripe age of 24

After 2009, he really fined tuned his schedule along with fixing his knees.

Xemi666
05-03-2011, 02:41 AM
The better question is if they'll meet again in slams. They can only meet in semis and finals and the past slamshave shown that Federer is not a lock to make the semis anymore.

cocolate
05-03-2011, 03:02 AM
The better question is if they'll meet again in slams. They can only meet in semis and finals and the past slamshave shown that Federer is not a lock to make the semis anymore.

if federer goes even lower in the rankings they can meet even lower.

Tony48
05-03-2011, 03:12 AM
Australian Open: Probably not
French Open: LOL!
Wimbledon: Maybe. If he wanted to win it badly enough, he could win here against Nadal again.
U.S. Open: Yes. But he'd have to find some way to summon his game like he did at the WTF.

Omega_7000
05-03-2011, 04:59 AM
If Fed regains his form, he can beat Nadal in every Major. With both players in form it's usually just a matter of a few good games because most of their matches are close.

In his current form, Wim & USO are the only possibilities...

The-Champ
05-03-2011, 05:00 AM

wimbledon 2007 final (highlights)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nlkaZalPgY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rG36OrklLxs&feature=related

federer served brilliantly especially in that 5th set.

mandy01
05-03-2011, 05:10 AM
Then why did the commentators make specific mention of it? I saw him definitely favoring it. At that time, you don't do that unless it is. He could have won 4 games and still had a knee issue. The two things aren't mutually exclusive. He definitely lost form in my opinion. His level in the middle of the fourth set was excellent and that was his best form of the match overall I thought.Look,Nadal took a medical time-out in their AO 09 final as well if I'm not mistaken.He took a medical time-out during their match in Hamburg only to come back and win seven straight games.The point being-I wouldn't put too much stock on his 'medical time-outs'. He didn't lose the match just because of that.More often than not,he's just fine after coming back,running around like a jack-rabbit.
If you look at the fifth set,Nadal had multiple chances to win that match and I don't think he was at any point particularly struggling with his movement.It was Roger who had all the pressure to win that match, to win that fifth set ,not Nadal.He went in as the underdog.
If you go further to see the game where he got broken,he didn't just let it go.Roger had to hit some sensational winners to break him there.

mandy01
05-03-2011, 05:18 AM

.How the hell did that mto break his own momentum? He took it between two sets within he time alotted for the changeover,not between two games.
Also ,your point holds water had Nadal gotten broken immediately after a break.Then you could say he lost some focus/momentum.But that's not what happened.If anything ,he immediately got himself two BPs on Roger's opening service game,could've broken him there and quite possibly could have won the match.
Oh and Roger himself played loads better in the fifth set than the fourth.So it goes both ways.

Sentinel
05-03-2011, 05:40 AM
Will Roger ever beat Nadal in a slam ever again ?

I thought Will Rogers died way back in 1935 ? Shouldn't this be in Former Pro section ?

He had a good sense of humor and would have won more Slams if he had not opted for a movie career. But yes, a prime Will Rogers against a prime Nadal -- that would be a match for the ages.

Cassius Clay
05-03-2011, 05:45 AM
Yes, they'll meet again several times, only to discover that Nadal is still the GOAT.

cocolate
05-03-2011, 05:45 AM
Will Roger ever beat Nadal in a slam ever again ?

I thought Will Rogers died way back in 1935 ? Shouldn't this be in Former Pro section ?

He had a good sense of humor and would have won more Slams if he had not opted for a movie career. But yes, a prime Will Rogers against a prime Nadal -- that would be a match for the ages.

we can have that match in acting too...i mean with all that MTO's Nadal would be tough competition.

kishnabe
05-03-2011, 05:50 AM

True that Rafa was red hot....but I remember Federer losing his concetration in the fourth set because of some call....it was clearly visible that he lost his momentum from the third set!

borg number one
05-03-2011, 06:09 AM
Look,Nadal took a medical time-out in their AO 09 final as well if I'm not mistaken.He took a medical time-out during their match in Hamburg only to come back and win seven straight games.The point being-I wouldn't put too much stock on his 'medical time-outs'. He didn't lose the match just because of that.More often than not,he's just fine after coming back,running around like a jack-rabbit.
If you look at the fifth set,Nadal had multiple chances to win that match and I don't think he was at any point particularly struggling with his movement.It was Roger who had all the pressure to win that match, to win that fifth set ,not Nadal.He went in as the underdog.
If you go further to see the game where he got broken,he didn't just let it go.Roger had to hit some sensational winners to break him there.

I didn't say he lost the match only because of the injury, but I don't think that injury timeout was in any way "strategic" if that's what you mean. Nadal lost momentum at a key time. He tweaked his knee and it played a role in changing his level of play. Roger seized the opportunity as well he should have. As to just about everything else in your post, I'd agree with you. There was some great shotmaking, throughout the match really, but especially in sets 2-5.

borg number one
05-03-2011, 06:13 AM
True that Rafa was red hot....but I remember Federer losing his concetration in the fourth set because of some call....it was clearly visible that he lost his momentum from the third set!

I think it was a combination of things, but the match swung heavily in Federer's favor after that 4th set, and I don't think it was just simply Federer outplaying Nadal and Nadal unable to match that level. Just a slight drop in movement/level of play can swing a match like that. Anyway, as I said, Federer took control of that match and finished with a flurry.

mandy01
05-03-2011, 06:14 AM
I didn't say he lost the match only because of the injury, but I don't think that injury timeout was in any way "strategic" if that's what you mean. Nadal lost momentum at a key time. He tweaked his knee and it played a role in changing his level of play. Roger seized the opportunity as well he should have. As to just about everything else in your post, I'd agree with you. There was some great shotmaking, throughout the match really, but especially in sets 2-5.I never said it was a strategic time-out. I can't say for sure if it was.But he's known take time-outs frequently just to come back a good as ever.I just don't see how it affected his momentum.Particularly, when it was he who had the upper hand in the opening games.

mandy01
05-03-2011, 06:16 AM
I think it was a combination of things, but the match swung heavily in Federer's favor after that 4th set, and I don't think it was just simply Federer outplaying Nadal and Nadal unable to match that level. Just a slight drop in movement/level of play can swing a match like that. Anyway, as I said, Federer took control of that match and finished with a flurry.

I don't think Roger outplayed Nadal overall by such a huge margin.He played one excellent return game to break and then I think he hit four HUGE serves to hold.That's the only point where he truly outplayed Nadal.

borg number one
05-03-2011, 06:21 AM
I never said it was a strategic time-out. I can't say for sure if it was.But he's known take time-outs frequently just to come back a good as ever.I just don't see how it affected his momentum.Particularly, when it was he who had the upper hand in the opening games.

I'll watch it again at some point. The reason I'm so adament is watching it, I remember it clearly, that I saw a change in him soon after that. It took some time, but it really took the wind out of your sails.

vllaznia
05-03-2011, 06:30 AM
I'll watch it again at some point. The reason I'm so adament is watching it, I remember it clearly, that I saw a change in him soon after that. It took some time, but it really took the wind out of your sails.

Maybe it is because you are biased towards Nadal that is why you imply that Roger benefit from Rafa's injury, where actually Roger outplayed him when he broke Rafa at the sixth game of the last set and then served bombs in his service game nothing Nadal or any other player could have done.

borg number one
05-03-2011, 06:33 AM
Maybe it is because you are biased towards Nadal that is why you imply that Roger benefit from Rafa's injury, where actually Roger outplayed him when he broke Rafa at the sixth game of the last set and then served bombs in his service game nothing Nadal or any other player could have done.

My bad, in the post you quoted I said wind out of "your sails". It should be "his sails" (meaning Nadal). I was watching it with much interest, thinking, wow, this guy Nadal is going to be an extremely good grass court player. After 2006 I wasn't so sure.

vllaznia
05-03-2011, 06:42 AM
My bad, in the post you quoted I said wind out of "your sails". It should be "his sails" (meaning Nadal). I was watching it with much interest, thinking, wow, this guy Nadal is going to be an extremely good grass court player. After 2006 I wasn't so sure.

Maybe the reason that you are biased towards Nadal is because you did not want Roger to tie the Borg's record of 5 consecutive Wimbledon titles, which was and actually is one of the most impressive records in tennis history.

borg number one
05-03-2011, 06:48 AM
Maybe the reason that you are biased towards Nadal is because you did not want Roger to tie the Borg's record of 5 consecutive Wimbledon titles, which was and actually is one of the most impressive records in tennis history.

I don't live my life that way. Life's too short. It's an honor when a champion ties your tennis hero. It honors both men actually. The same is true for Borg trying to tie Borg at the French Open. I liked Nadal a lot, even when he was young, because he really reminded me a lot of a young Borg, no question about that. Yet, I really enjoy watching Federer play as well. Borg's work has been done a long time ago. He'll always be in the pantheon of all time greats. Perhaps your Federer bias is influencing your take on things a bit.

vllaznia
05-03-2011, 06:56 AM
I don't live my life that way. Life's too short. It's an honor when a champion ties your tennis hero. It honors both men actually. The same is true for Borg trying to tie Borg at the French Open. I liked Nadal a lot, even when he was young, because he really reminded me a lot of a young Borg, no question about that. Yet, I really enjoy watching Federer play as well. Borg's work has been done a long time ago. He'll always be in the pantheon of all time greats. Perhaps your Federer bias is influencing your take on things a bit.

Yes i am a Federer fan and you are right it might influence me but not on this match it was a tight match and a superb game on the last set played by Federer won that match not Nadal being injured. I have nothing against you actually i really enjoy your posts but on this one you are wrong and dont tell me that the fact that Roger was going to tie your idol did not bother you.

borg number one
05-03-2011, 07:06 AM
Yes i am a Federer fan and you are right it might influence me but not on this match it was a tight match and a superb game on the last set played by Federer won that match not Nadal being injured. I have nothing against you actually i really enjoy your posts but on this one you are wrong and dont tell me that the fact that Roger was going to tie your idol did not bother you.

No, not in the least. More power to him. I like Federer a lot actually, as well as Nadal and you're absolutely right. Borg is my tennis idol. That won't ever change, that's for sure..as Bjorn likes to say. He impacted my life, not just my tennis. So, what can you say about a player that basically helped shape your world view?

http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0282/6105/97432_crop_340x234.jpg

See Fred Perry after Borg tied him at three (he was the first man in decades to win three in a row). Borg on Perry, "you could see that he was really very happy for me".."not jealous or anything". Borg is just not wired that way either. He's absolutely secure in his own trail of accomplishments.

http://lebrecht.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/112786_fred-perry-congratulating-bjorn-borg.jpg

http://media2.corbisimages.com/CorbisImage/170/10/6/126/10060126/HU009088.jpg

vllaznia
05-03-2011, 07:16 AM
^^^
Well i am not saying that Borg was jealous but his fans might be and there is nothing wrong with that, i imagine myself 30 years later when some other player will break Federer's record and i will not be happy about that.

cknobman
05-03-2011, 07:20 AM
Well in a match there are 2 players and only 1 can be victor so the only logical answer would be a 50-50 toss up.

I'll never write a healthy Federer off before a match is played. (anyone who does is illogical, hater, fanboy of opponent)

borg number one
05-03-2011, 07:22 AM
True, these things do happen in cycles typically. I personally loved all the talk about Federer trying to tie the "great Bjorn Borg" with five in a row won. Before you know it, it'll be Nadal has surpassed Federer and all others and years down the road, here comes the "next Nadal" or the "next Federer" and the "competiton is so much tougher these days" and "the players of today would beat Nadal and Federer badly" talk.

cknobman
05-03-2011, 07:23 AM
OP: for the record your poll question is "Will Roger ever beat Nadal in a slam ever again ?"

And you last choice is "Roger and Nadal will never meet I'm a slam final ever again"

Discarding the "I'm" which doesnt make sense (I presume you mean in), dont you think that poll option is worded wrong in reference to the poll question?

dr donut
05-03-2011, 07:29 AM
unlikely that he makes it to another final and beating nadal in 5 sets is even more unlikely

TennisFan3
05-03-2011, 01:00 PM
After 2009, he really fined tuned his schedule along with fixing his knees.

I can't see the fine tuning personally with the withdrawal from the A.O 2011 and now the overloaded clay schedule.

jackson vile
05-03-2011, 02:21 PM
The real question is whether or not Roger will ever beat Nadal again.

I wish we could watch Federer 2005 vs. Nadal 2010. The best approximations are probably Wimbledon 2007 final and Rome 2006 final.

Not even close, Nadal won his first FO in 2005.

Nadal is much way way better than that now, and will continue to get better.

2008 would be much closer to what you would expect, on grass anyways.

NadalAgassi
05-03-2011, 08:08 PM
Maybe at the U.S Open if they play in a final or semifinal there. Otherwise definitely not. Wont happen at any of the other 3 at this point.

Nadal = Borg
05-12-2011, 03:05 PM
Maybe at the U.S Open if they play in a final or semifinal there. Otherwise definitely not. Wont happen at any of the other 3 at this point.

With delpo and Djokovic around he is not going to get there.

Feds best shot is at Wimbledon. I actually think thy he is the favorite to win it.

jackson vile
05-15-2011, 05:20 PM
I think that he may have good chances at USO?

Manus Domini
05-15-2011, 05:21 PM
wait, the OP is a slam final?

AlpineCadet
05-16-2011, 12:55 AM
Federer needs a time-machine to completely pwn everyone leading up to Nadal in a GS. There, are you happy?
He said it!