PDA

View Full Version : Best Rivalry?

nadalbestclass
05-04-2011, 09:52 PM
Which of these 3 match-ups with Nadal, do you find most exciting/entertaining?

I haven't included Fed-Rafa, because to me that's in league of it own.

I'm gonna go with Rafa-Delpo. To me that's the one that makes me most nervous-which is exciting! Not to mention, they aren't all buddy-buddy the way Nad/Mur and Nad/Djoko are. Which kind of adds a nice twist. Fascinating that neither wants to play each other this point.

MichaelNadal
05-04-2011, 10:30 PM
The matches are sick with all 3 of them so it's hard for me to choose. Murray matches on HC have on edge just as much if not more than Delpo ones.

tudwell
05-04-2011, 10:36 PM
I like Del Potro's game the most, so I'd probably pick him, but they're all great. Some of the few guys who consistently take it to Nadal, win or lose.

If I picked other, I'd pick Nalbandian. I've never seen anyone bully Rafa around the court the way he can. It's a shame his mental game is so rarely up to the task.

nadalbestclass
05-04-2011, 10:44 PM
The matches are sick with all 3 of them so it's hard for me to choose. Murray matches on HC have on edge just as much if not more than Delpo ones.

I find Murray-Rafa matches a lil boring sometimes. He def brings it to rafa tho, and I thought their match at the WTF last year, was one of the best of the year. Delpo/Rafa rivalry draws me more, because they haven't played a lot, they still need to figure each other out.
Also, it seems like every time they've met, one of them has had some problem. Initial matches, Delpo was still very new, in 2009 HC Rafa was lets just say not his best. Early this year Delpo was still recovering. If they can both get and stay healthy, could be some lovely matches.

Netzroller
05-05-2011, 12:57 AM
Imo it's Nadal vs. Djokovic and it's not even close.

They've played the most matches of the above, the have played the most important matches (1GS Final, several Masters Finals..), they have played the most exciting matches, the results are the most balanced (16-9 vs. 10-4 vs. 5-3), they have been the by far most consistent, they are the by far best and most succesful players of the above, to me it is the most exciting of those match ups and based on their current performances I am looking forward to even more great matches to come...

TennisFan3
05-05-2011, 01:11 AM
Good post.

Nadal vs Djokovic by a landslide; it's probably the best rivalry outside Fedal. Both players usually play well together in their matches that went the distance (except Queens 08 which was excellent even if Nadal won in straights). Both are exceptional athletes and great shot-makers. Finally, now, Djokovic seems to have got an upper hand in their big matches so it could be interesting in the future.

OTOH Nadal-Murray are usually annoying to watch, Rafa plays like a wimp against Murray even though he leads the h2h. A case of giving too much respect for Murray. who's really not in his/Djokovic/Delpo/Fed's league.

Delpo-Nadal is another potential rivalry in the making. That said, I'm afraid it could be a little one sided. Del Potro is quite possibly the worst matchup for Nadal, and it's very likely that most of their future hardcourt encounters will go to Delpo, and they may not meet on grass enough (if at all) where Nadal has a clear edge. Clay could be 50-50..

dominikk1985
05-05-2011, 01:30 AM
I like novak-Nadal the best. I don't like DPs game. basically another two handed ballbasher like söderling.

Tennis sensation
05-05-2011, 02:52 AM
Nadal vs Djokovic......

piece
05-05-2011, 03:06 AM
I find Murray-Rafa matches a lil boring sometimes. He def brings it to rafa tho, and I thought their match at the WTF last year, was one of the best of the year. Delpo/Rafa rivalry draws me more, because they haven't played a lot, they still need to figure each other out.
Also, it seems like every time they've met, one of them has had some problem. Initial matches, Delpo was still very new, in 2009 HC Rafa was lets just say not his best. Early this year Delpo was still recovering. If they can both get and stay healthy, could be some lovely matches.

I thought their match at the AO was even better quality, although not quite as exciting in the end.

tenis1
05-05-2011, 04:15 AM
Nole - Rafa obviously. I don't think it is comparable at all with other options.

MichaelNadal
05-05-2011, 05:06 AM
I thought their match at the AO was even better quality, although not quite as exciting in the end.

Wow that was last year huh, feels like a lifetime ago. I agree, fantastic match.

nadalbestclass
05-05-2011, 06:50 AM
I don't see how you can not have an option for Nadal/ Federer...

As as I said in my OP, that rivalry is on a diff level for me. I mean outside of that. The match-ups I listed are probably the ones that will produce the closest matches from this point on.

nadalbestclass
05-05-2011, 06:54 AM

oh yes! I enjoyed that one a lot as well, both played really well. Although, as a Rafa fan, the fact that it ended the way it did, makes it less memorable.

Mustard
05-05-2011, 06:56 AM
Nadal vs. Djokovic.

borg number one
05-05-2011, 06:58 AM
For me it's Nadal versus Djokovic as of now. I will say though that some Murray versus Nadal matches, can be really interesting as well, but if I had to pick, I'd go with Nadal vs. Djokovic. I am thinking that Del Potro could really make things interesting especially in 2012, but we'll have to see. He seems like a real good guy, so I hope he does really well. His comeback has been very nice to watch.

Cassius Clay
05-05-2011, 08:11 AM
What about Nadal-Soderling? I know it's not much of a rivalry because Nadal always wins when he's healthy, but it's exciting to see Robin getting destroyed every time they play.

tenis1
05-05-2011, 08:21 AM
For me it's Nadal versus Djokovic as of now. I will say though that some Murray versus Nadal matches, can be really interesting as well, but if I had to pick, I'd go with Nadal vs. Djokovic. I am thinking that Del Potro could really make things interesting especially in 2012, but we'll have to see. He seems like a real good guy, so I hope he does really well. His comeback has been very nice to watch.

Apparently not. He is too afraid and just joined the "Rafa lapdog club". No rivalry there.

CocaCola
05-05-2011, 09:58 AM
Nadal vs Djokovic by far.

Semi-Pro
05-05-2011, 10:25 AM
I really love Nadal vs Murray but I voted for Nadal vs Djokovic.

nadalbestclass
05-05-2011, 10:38 AM
Apparently not. He is too afraid and just joined the "Rafa lapdog club". No rivalry there.

He showed nadal no mercy in 2009. That is not the def of a "lapdog". He seems like a nice enough guy, there is no reason to bash him like that. He's spent so much time out due to injury, I think he is bound to want to be careful.

MichaelNadal
05-05-2011, 10:39 AM
^No mercy at all lol. It was brutal.