PDA

View Full Version : Why the Liquidmetal Radical Price Increase????

cnr1guy
05-05-2011, 11:51 AM
I just noticed that the Head LM Radicals just went up by $10 per frame? Is that a mistake?

TW Staff
05-05-2011, 12:57 PM
Head has set the price with their MAP policy. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Spencer, TW.

Lawn Tennis
05-07-2011, 12:47 PM
I just noticed that the Head LM Radicals just went up by $10 per frame? Is that a mistake?

Actually it went up by $15 for the Radical. I think they are trying to promote their YouTek line.

I can't see people buying Liquid Metal technology from 1993 when for just $10 more you can get YouTek techonlolgy from 2010...

ollinger
05-07-2011, 02:52 PM
Lawn Tennis
I certainly can. With the Radical OS, for example, it seems to be the conventional wisdom here that the LM was a better racquet than the Youtek. Newer is by no means necessarily better.

OldButGame
05-07-2011, 03:46 PM
Lawn Tennis
I certainly can. With the Radical OS, for example, it seems to be the conventional wisdom here that the LM was a better racquet than the Youtek. Newer is by no means necessarily better.
Strongly agree here,...I have 3 of the Radical family,...and the LM outshines them all,(also the oldest of the 3)...for me personally,..its a subjective thing, but I would never let 'newer' or 'better technology' be the criteria for choice if its a racquet made in the last 10 years or so,...:neutral:

(the only reason i bounce around so much is 'cuz its fun to try lots of diff reacquets!!:))

forthegame
05-07-2011, 03:50 PM
Lawn Tennis

I owned the LM and hit with the Youtek, I preferred the Youtek TBH. I disliked the LM and sold it after failing to make it work. The Youtek felt better, more substantial. Didn't feel any of the gimmicky d3o stuff, just better then the LM Rad IMHO.