PDA

View Full Version : TW: What's the sizing like on Fred Perry polos (Twin Tipped)?

AndrewD
05-06-2011, 04:00 PM
I've noticed that, here in Australia, the new line of Fred Perry polo shirts (the Twin Tipped polos) are marked as 'slim fit' and are noticably smaller than in previous years. Can you tell me what the sizing in like on the ones you sell? Is it a regulation size or do you find them to be a smaller fit, especially around the arms?

Thanks

AndrewD
05-08-2011, 08:40 PM
Any ideas TW ? I've seen some of the new Fred Perry with a tag that says 'slim fit'. Those are the ones that force me to go up to an XXL. Just wondering if that's what you've got in stock

TW Staff
05-09-2011, 09:01 AM
I had Spencer try on a shirt, and he felt comfortable with the fit by going up one size. This gave him some room in the arms and some room if it shrank in the wash. Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Tiffani, TW

AndrewD
05-16-2011, 03:54 PM
Tiffani,

Thanks very much.

I was wondering if the same issue occurs with the shorts; is there a need to go up in size (as with the polo shirts) or do they have a regulation fit, and with the 2011 Tennis Polo; does it have the same slim fit as the Twin Tipped polo or, given that it is specifically designed for tennis, does it have a more generous fit?

Thanks again

TW Staff
05-17-2011, 09:48 AM
Hi Andrew,

For shorts, Spencer stayed within his usual size. He went up a size for both the Twin Tipped and 2011 Tennis Polo.

Thanks,
Tiffani

AndrewD
05-18-2011, 03:42 AM
Tiffani,

Thanks again for the help.

I ordered the Twin Tip in XXL (arrived this morning, 5 day turn-around from ordering to arriving in Australia; enormously impressive as usual) and it was an interesting fit. Not sure what Spencer thought but I felt that the XL (my regular size) offered a much better fit in terms of length as well as around the torso and chest. However, it was far too tight in the arms (obviously designed to cinch at the bicep) and too snug across the back.