PDA

View Full Version : Babolat PSTGT+ or PSTGT

Tennis16
05-07-2011, 03:10 AM
I am currently play testing the Babolat PSTGT+ and think it is a real nice stick. But if anyone out there has played the standard version and the plus your opinions on there differences, if any, would be appreciated. Thanks

alidisperanza
05-07-2011, 08:01 AM
I found the plus is marginally more powerful than the standard-- Extra length? The biggest benefit I found was that the + version (applied to the PDGT as well) gave me that little bit of extra reach on defensive extension shots (reaching for balls to put them back in play)-- instead of framing or chronically mis-hitting the ball, there would be better contact and the ball would cross the net more effectively. The only other benefit I found was that my hands sit much more comfortably on the frame if I chose to hit 2hbh.

Otherwise-- same stuff more or less.

Ross K
05-07-2011, 08:45 AM
Above say it all really... more oomph and a beefier ball... serve and 2hbh are 'assisted'... better reach... for those reasons, I actually preferred the + size FWIW.

R

Tennis16
05-07-2011, 02:40 PM
Thanks for the replies

namartens
05-07-2011, 02:46 PM
I am wondering if the new pure storm gt versions still have that squeeky buttcap problems?

alidisperanza
05-07-2011, 04:55 PM
UGH. I just fixed 2 of these for a friend. He was driving me through the roof