PDA

View Full Version : Liquidmetal vs Microgel vs Youtek

MarinaHighTennis
05-07-2011, 05:34 PM
My coach has an old Liquidmetal Radical OS laying around and I forgot my racket so i decided to use that. It ended up feeling great, with amazing amount of power and kick on my serve, volleys, and groundstrokes!

I use the Microgel Prestige moved to Prince Rebel 95 and I was never able to hit as well as with this racket.

Are the new models gimmicks, just to make something new and to make money?

Was it just a honeymoon effect or should I really switch to it?

Agent Orynge
05-07-2011, 05:49 PM
Honestly, you're the only one who can say if the racquet is going to work out for you in the long run. Some people achieve revelation in their quest for the best frame, others dissapointment. Stick it out a while longer, and find out for yourself.

olliess
05-07-2011, 05:52 PM
Well, it was an OS, so that helps.

It was also a Radical, so it was lighter than the Prestige, which could potentially help.

But other than that, yes and yes. ;)

MarinaHighTennis
05-07-2011, 05:52 PM
Honestly, you're the only one who can say if the racquet is going to work out for you in the long run. Stick it out a while longer, and find out.

thanks, i really like the feel but my coach wants me to stick with the rebel until season ends which it did but now there is CIF and i want to play with the best racket possible

MarinaHighTennis
05-07-2011, 05:54 PM
Well, it was an OS, so that helps.

It was also a Radical, so it was lighter than the Prestige, which could potentially help.

But other than that, yes and yes. ;)
I know the oversize would help for my serves, because the prestige was horrible for serves(as in power) but the prestige was my favorite singles racket. The rebel is for doubles.

Should i use the liquidmetal for doubles?

tymmh789
05-07-2011, 08:52 PM
My coach has an old Liquidmetal Radical OS laying around and I forgot my racket so i decided to use that. It ended up feeling great, with amazing amount of power and kick on my serve, volleys, and groundstrokes!

I use the Microgel Prestige moved to Prince Rebel 95 and I was never able to hit as well as with this racket.

Are the new models gimmicks, just to make something new and to make money?

Was it just a honeymoon effect or should I really switch to it?

That's dissapointing you don't love your rebel. I have never played as well with any other racquet. As someone else has already said, you are really the only one who is going to be able to tell if you like the racquet. However if you like the heavier weight of players frame but like the bigger headsize the radical pro is a great racquet.

If you decide to switch and want to sell your rebel email me at tymhoban789@aol.com, if the price is right I might take it.

MarinaHighTennis
05-07-2011, 08:55 PM
That's dissapointing you don't love your rebel. I have never played as well with any other racquet. As someone else has already said, you are really the only one who is going to be able to tell if you like the racquet. However if you like the heavier weight of players frame but like the bigger headsize the radical pro is a great racquet.

If you decide to switch and want to sell your rebel email me at tymhoban789@aol.com, if the price is right I might take it.

Im not sure the rebel's only problem was against fast hitting players because with the added lead tape it was kinda hard to take it back fast enough. But ill keep your offer in mind. I do wish that it had a little bigger head.

MarinaHighTennis
05-07-2011, 08:57 PM
it was lacking in Groundstroke consistency since i can't rip the ball like i can with the prestige and radical OS.

olliess
05-07-2011, 10:46 PM
I know the oversize would help for my serves, because the prestige was horrible for serves(as in power)

I'm surprised to hear that, just because the Prestige has enjoyed a bit of a reputation as a good serving racquet. But definitely go with what works for you.

MarinaHighTennis
05-07-2011, 11:01 PM
I'm surprised to hear that, just because the Prestige has enjoyed a bit of a reputation as a good serving racquet. But definitely go with what works for you.

perhaps its because of the gosen polylon strung at 59lbs while the Liquid was strung at 55lbs with some 15 gauge syn. gut? I strung the rackets but now I switched to Solinco tour bite

Agent Orynge
05-08-2011, 12:24 AM
The best racquet possible is the newest racquet with the newest technology ;)

Don't fall for that, now.

struggle
05-08-2011, 07:04 AM
The best racquet possible is the newest racquet with the newest technology ;)

hey, it's this kinda thinking that keeps this website going.

keep it up, nice work ;)

tymmh789
05-08-2011, 08:20 AM
perhaps its because of the gosen polylon strung at 59lbs while the Liquid was strung at 55lbs with some 15 gauge syn. gut? I strung the rackets but now I switched to Solinco tour bite

That could be it. I string my rebels at 52lbs. Plus it is a poly and at that tension you really aren't getting the benefits that you get with a poly string, more power and spin. Try it out if you want but I mean if your playing that well with the liquid radical than go for it, you can probably get 3 for under 200.

MarinaHighTennis
05-08-2011, 08:41 AM
Just to clear things up the strings on the Prestige are: 59lbs Gosen Polylon
REbel 95: 57'lbs Solinco Tour Bite

tymmh789
05-08-2011, 09:23 AM
Just to clear things up the strings on the Prestige are: 59lbs Gosen Polylon
REbel 95: 57'lbs Solinco Tour Bite

I actually just used solinco with gosen og (always cross my poly's with this in order to save some money) and I really didn't like it that much. I strung it at 52lbs and was just disappointed. I didn't feel like I was getting a lot of power, the string was extremely stiff, and the texture helped nothing in terms of spin. Maybe I strung it to high because I have heard excellent things about this string but PL2 and SPPP play so much better in every aspect so I would suggest you try those in the low 50's and you might change your mind about the rebel.

parasailing
05-08-2011, 10:42 AM
hey, it's this kinda thinking that keeps this website going.

keep it up, nice work ;)

Gotta try the latest and greatest :) but it may or may not be better. I find that the microgel is softer and not as crisp as the Youtek line so it will depend on your preference.

For me, same goes for Babolat Aero vs GT technology. I find that the GT adds a bit more power but does increase the stiffness of the racquet.

OldButGame
05-08-2011, 05:49 PM
I love the Radical series. I have and have played a lot with the Liquidmetal, Microgel, and Youtek.
Honestly??...My fav of the 3 is the Liquidmetal. They are all a little different from each other. `