PDA

View Full Version : TWU stats for some missing volkl models...

OzNQc
05-08-2011, 06:48 AM
Hi TW and everyone who is interested!

I notice that some of the previous and current Volkl racquets do not have TW UNIVERSITY stats info.

I am especially interested in the Volkl Tour 10 V-engine MP (T10 VE MP).

Can someone at TW put up this info?

Alternatively, it would be great if someone can forward these stats to TW to put up. ;)

Cheers!

TennisMaverick
05-08-2011, 06:52 AM
Hi TW and everyone who is interested!

I notice that some of the previous and current Volkl racquets do not have TWU stats info.

I am especially interested in the Volkl Tour 10 V-engine MP (T10 VE MP).

Can someone at TW put up this info?

Alternatively, it would be great if someone can forward these stats to TW to put up. ;)

Cheers!

Technical Specifications

Length 27 inches 69 centimeters
Head Size 98 square inches 632 square centimeters
Weight 11.9 ounces 337 grams
Balance Point 12.625 inches
32 centimeters 7pts Head Light
Construction 20 mm Straight Beam
Composition Carbon / Fiberglass
String Pattern 16 Mains / 19 Crosses

Babolat RDC Ratings

Flex Rating 62 Range: 0-100
Swing Weight 320 Range: 200-400

Racist google search engine can sometimes be benevolent:

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Reviews/T10V/T10VReview.html

OzNQc
05-08-2011, 07:56 AM
Thanks TennisMaverick!

I already know the stock specs of the T10 VE MP and I have had my bats measured independently ;)

I am actually looking for the powermaps, etc of the racquet as supplied for other racquets on TW UNIVERSITY ;)

If you have this info, it would be ace !!!

Cheers!

corners
05-08-2011, 06:48 PM
They aren't going to go back and lab test a frame that's been out of production for several years.

eidolonshinobi
05-08-2011, 07:02 PM
They aren't going to go back and lab test a frame that's been out of production for several years.

yeah, it's marketing man. They want to sell the new stuff! That's where the profit is at.

OzNQc
05-09-2011, 04:49 AM

Yes! Your assumption is logical. However, it would not hurt them to put some of these details up there. One of the TW staff members or someone they know must have at least one T10 VE MP hanging around to do the tests on ;)

It would be great to compare the evolution of the T10 racquets with all this info.

Who knows? They may get a surprise remnant batch of the T10 VE MP bats in the future. In this case, it would be super relevant to put up some TW UNIVERSITY details on them. If the bats do pop up, I'll probably snap a few of them up!!!!

dParis
05-09-2011, 07:29 AM
Racist google search engine can sometimes be benevolent:

sick......

cellofaan
05-09-2011, 07:42 AM
Yes! Your assumption is logical. However, it would not hurt them to put some of these details up there. One of the TW staff members or someone they know must have at least one T10 VE MP hanging around to do the tests on ;)

It would be great to compare the evolution of the T10 racquets with all this info.

Who knows? They may get a surprise remnant batch of the T10 VE MP bats in the future. In this case, it would be super relevant to put up some TW UNIVERSITY details on them. If the bats do pop up, I'll probably snap a few of them up!!!!
While it would perhaps not 'hurt' them to do so, it does require them to put time and effort into finding the racquets and doing the tests, which costs time and money.

If it were my company, I would rather pay my employee to work on stuff that may actually bring a profit, rather than having him do something that costs me money.

If they indeed get a surprise batch of those sticks, then it would be relevant. But only then.
There are plenty other discontinued racquets that haven't been tested by TWU which are equally likely (or rather unlikely) to become available again.

I understand why you'd like to see those test results, and I have a couple of sticks I'd be interested in, but it's highly unlikely that TW is going to do those tests on discontinued racquets.

TennisMaverick
05-09-2011, 07:43 AM
sick......

I totally agree with you; it's crazy sick.

OzNQc
05-10-2011, 03:54 AM
I sure agree with you there cellofaan ;)

I'll keep my fingers crossed for a surprise batch of T10 VE MP bats!