PDA

View Full Version : Silicone inside handle: too hard to be done at home?

dadozen
05-08-2011, 08:33 PM
So, I'm thinking about adding silicone inside the handle of my 4D100s. The reason is that I might give up on leather grips and playing with overgrips only( 3 of them to be exact ) and I'll end up losing a lot of weight. I don't want to add like 12g of lead tape on the bare handle, so silicone is my best option.

For you who have done this, did you add silicone little by little and keep weighting the racquet until you reach the desired weight? Or is there a way to weigh the silicone before adding it?

Sorry for the stupid questions, but I've never handled silicone before. Not even for home purposes.

Thanks in advance!

aimr75
05-08-2011, 08:55 PM
Id try and weigh the silicone before adding as you can overdo it quite easily adding too much if you just inject it.. get an electronic scale that can be set with the tare weight, then weigh the silicone in a jar or something..

also, use cotton balls in the handle to prevent the silicone from seeping too much into frame.

BobFL
05-08-2011, 09:57 PM
So, I'm thinking about adding silicone inside the handle of my 4D100s. The reason is that I might give up on leather grips and playing with overgrips only( 3 of them to be exact ) and I'll end up losing a lot of weight. I don't want to add like 12g of lead tape on the bare handle, so silicone is my best option.

For you who have done this, did you add silicone little by little and keep weighting the racquet until you reach the desired weight? Or is there a way to weigh the silicone before adding it?

Sorry for the stupid questions, but I've never handled silicone before. Not even for home purposes.

Thanks in advance!

I've done it at least 50 times :) It is very simple. First, go to your local walgreens/cvs and get a syringe. You should know how much you want to inject before you start with the procedure. Use digital scale to measure the weight and voila! you are done in 10 minutes :)

PS I recommend GE Silicone 2 CLEAR (home depot)