PDA

View Full Version : BLX Six.one 95 paint variations...

eks-mat
05-08-2011, 08:27 PM
Those with BLX six.ones, or any BLX for that matter, I had a six one 18X20 with a 4 3/8 grip.

I have always used 4 1/2 grips but wanted to go smaller, which I do like for my forehand but the small grip caused pain in my wrist and wasn't as good all around for me, plus I prefer the open string pattern, so I just ordered and received a 4 1/2 grip with the 16X18 string pat.

Anyway, the new 16X18 was purchased from a reputable seller on ****, it has a slightly rougher finish, and some there are a couple, minor, folds in a few of the decals on the paint job. everything is spot on as far as weight, length, stickers, feel of the racket seems right.

I am just wondering if this is "normal" to have variations from one racket to the next as far as paint is concerned, should the logo's be EXACTLY the same position on every racket? or is there a margin of error there?

Lastly, what is a proper test for a frames "straightness"? The box this one came in was beat up, the racket was Un-strung, i have been setting them both on a flat table and both wobble slightly, but I don't know what is acceptable vs "bent" as far as frame shape goes?

Thanks for any help.

lolitsanasian
05-08-2011, 09:05 PM
You just have been victimized by Wilson's horrible quality control. :)

eks-mat
05-08-2011, 09:14 PM
Well, although I don't like it, as long as it plays fine I'll live with it...

That's why I started testing the straightness, weight, ect. I told myself if its just cosmetic then oh well.

Thanks for the reply :)

Macro80
05-08-2011, 10:26 PM
Yeah I demoed a SixOne 95 from an authorised dealer and to be honest the racket plays very well but the quality of the paint job was an utter disgrace. Stencils/decals not lined up, very thin primer and poorly applied paint. It's a real shame.

Torres
05-09-2011, 02:47 AM
I've got four BLX 6.1s and two BLX 6.1 Teams. Despite the weights and balances being all over the place, I have no issue with the paint finish. It's glossy throughout with no roughspots, and none of the decals are folded over.

The paint can and does chip - I have a 2mm x 2mm chip missing from the gold BLX logo where the racquets have come together in my bag for example, but that's because they use paint on top of paint - ie gold on top of the black rather than decals. If I'm honest, the paint finish seems to be fine on all of them. Obviously, the paint has worn through on parts of the racquets, most commonly near the headguard for example, where it has come into contact with the ground, but that's part and parcel of tennis. If your racquets are immaculate, you're not trying hard enough!

eks-mat
05-09-2011, 05:42 PM
I am guessing it is all related to one thing, my decals being slightly off, one having a couple minor folds, and even the white dot at the head of the racket (center dot) is slightly too low and not centered in the X.

My guess is the racket was slightly angled down when it when through whatever machine does the decal/dots. The roughness of the paint is hard to explain, but both of the six.ones I have are rough inside the neck joints, so I think it is still "normal"

Of course the reason I really care, because I know the racket wont stay perfect very long, Is just the worry that I bought a Lemon on-line and am stuck with it. But like I said it seems to feel/play fine and the weight is 12.5 just like my other one.

Also the original grip had a fold in it, which i thought was weak... stuff like that is just not what you want to see with a new racket.