PDA

View Full Version : I knew I shouldnt have demoed another racquet

ATL Jack
05-09-2011, 06:52 AM
Oh oh... I hit with a friends PB V1 Midplus yesterday and now am thinking about dumping my KBlade 98's for Volkls. I was amazed at how much more power and spin I could get from it. I knew the 16x19 string bed would give me more spin, but I was surprised that I didnt loose accuracy.

Hellbergarn
05-09-2011, 07:05 AM
dont change! Open pattern is fun for some time but then when you go back to closed you realize why you played it in the first place (believe me, Ive been there, many times!)

18x20 gives you so much more control, just string at lower tension or try new string if you need power but as I said, dont to the switch, you will regret it so much! Especially if you dont play on clay...

dParis
05-09-2011, 07:12 AM
The V1 will be harder to control than the KB98 but for a powerful, user friendly racquet, the V1 is quite controllable in its own right. Good for you that you didn't lose accuracy. You may find over the long run that the KB98 is more controllable but will it be a big enough difference to overcome the V1's advantages? Both are fine racquets. The V1 happens to be one of the best racquets ever made, in my opinion.

li0scc0
05-09-2011, 07:15 AM
dont change! Open pattern is fun for some time but then when you go back to closed you realize why you played it in the first place (believe me, Ive been there, many times!)

18x20 gives you so much more control, just string at lower tension or try new string if you need power but as I said, dont to the switch, you will regret it so much! Especially if you dont play on clay...

For me it is just the opposite. I play a closed pattern and LOVE. Then I find, on occasion, I lose serve. I switch back to an open pattern and remember why....the open pattern just gives that extra foot of bounce on the kick serve. For me, at least, I 'win' more with the open pattern.
REsults differ!

TennisMaverick
05-09-2011, 07:15 AM
Oh oh... I hit with a friends PB V1 Midplus yesterday and now am thinking about dumping my KBlade 98's for Volkls. I was amazed at how much more power and spin I could get from it. I knew the 16x19 string bed would give me more spin, but I was surprised that I didnt loose accuracy.

You didn't lose accuracy because the V1 has a very long dwell time.