PDA

View Full Version : Babolat Pure Storm Tour Plus GT vs Babolat Pure Control Team Plus

bradsm01
05-10-2011, 11:27 AM
How does the 2009 Babolat Pure Storm Tour Plus GT compares to the much older Babolat Pure Control Team Plus (Non-swirly around year 2001)? My three PC Team Plus are pretty old, almost 10 years, so I think its time for a chance or possible upgrade. Thanks

WhiteStripes
05-10-2011, 11:41 AM
Biggest difference is pop and feel. The 2003 Pure Control Teams (the 98, not the 100) that came after the 2001 Swirly version in both standard and plus lengths were much stiffer than their current Storm Tours counterparts. Less power/a little better control is the most noticeable difference, although the PST+ GT still provides some nice pop if you get the racquet moving. Personally, I like the softer and more plush feel of the Storms than the prior PC+s. Otherwise, the specs for the sticks are pretty much identical. If you play with the PC+, I don't think there would be too be of an adjustment to the PST+ GT unless you miss the stiffer/crisper feel of the old PC+.