PDA

View Full Version : Strings For Dunlop 4D 200 Tour

Hellbergarn
05-10-2011, 02:01 PM
Hi Guys!

I searched the forum for this topic but couldn't find any thread handling this question.

What string setup do you use and what can you recommend or not recommend?

My self I have tried Gosen Micro S. Cross with Kirschbaum Pro Line II and also with Naty gut in crosses, both died pretty fast ans was way to powerfull for me.

Im now playing SPPP 1.23 and like it. Next I will try ALU Power.

So let me know your thoughts on strings for this racket?

Thanks,
Stefan

Hellbergarn
05-11-2011, 02:42 AM
nothing? :shock:

kaiser
05-11-2011, 05:37 AM
I'm very happy with a full poly hybrid of Tornado/Hyperion at low tensions, ~ 40#. Allows me to hit out with full cuts and gives incredible spin, while maintaining touch. Worth a try.

Hellbergarn
05-11-2011, 05:54 AM
I'm very happy with a full poly hybrid of Tornado/Hyperion at low tensions, ~ 40#. Allows me to hit out with full cuts and gives incredible spin, while maintaining touch. Worth a try.

Okay, wow that is low!

I string Signum Pro Poly Plasma 1.23 at 26kg (57.3 lbs) and as soon as it goes down in tension I start spraying the balls... Im used to 18x20 alu power at 26kg so maybe that is why :)

Any other ideas on strings for this racket? :)

Keifers
05-11-2011, 05:25 PM
I've enjoyed all the following in my 4D 200 Tours:

1. VS Team 17/Gosen Micro 17 @ 56
2. Black Magic 1.23/Gamma Professional 1.22 @ 49
3. Spin X 1.23/Iso Professional Classic 1.20 @ 49/51
4. Pacific Blue Spiral 1.25/Gosen JC 16 @ 56

Did not like these:

a. Yonex 850 @ 60 (tension too high)
b. Lux Fluoro/Gamma Pro Plus 17L @ 51

Great racquet!

kaiser
05-12-2011, 02:17 AM
Okay, wow that is low!

I string Signum Pro Poly Plasma 1.23 at 26kg (57.3 lbs) and as soon as it goes down in tension I start spraying the balls... Im used to 18x20 alu power at 26kg so maybe that is why :)

There is a big difference between dropping tension only 1 or 2 kgs and going all the way down to tensions below 20 kg. If you hit with a decent amount of topspin you may find increased control due to greater ball pocketing and longer dwell time! Just try it once and you may be pleasantly surprised, that's what happened to me... :) For more info search for the (looong!) "LOW LOW tensions" thread in the Strings section.

kaiser
05-12-2011, 02:20 AM
Okay, wow that is low!

There is a big difference between dropping tension only 1 or 2 kgs and going all the way down to tensions below 20 kg. If you hit with a decent amount of topspin you may actually find increased control due to greater ball pocketing and longer dwell time! Just try it once and you may be pleasantly surprised, that's what happened to me... :) For more info search for the (looong!) "LOW LOW tensions" thread in the Strings section.

kaiser
05-12-2011, 02:44 AM
Okay, wow that is low!

There is a big difference between dropping tension only 1 or 2 kgs and going all the way down to tensions below 20 kg. If you hit with a decent amount of topspin you may actually find increased control due to greater ball pocketing and longer dwell time! Just try it once and you may be pleasantly surprised, that's what happened to me... :) For more info search for the (looong!) "LOW LOW tensions" thread in the Strings section.

kaiser
05-12-2011, 03:01 AM
Okay, wow that is low!

There is a big difference between dropping tension only 1 or 2 kgs and going all the way down to tensions below 20 kg. If you hit with a decent amount of topspin you may actually find increased control due to greater ball pocketing and longer dwell time! Just try it once and you may be pleasantly surprised, that's what happened to me... :) For more info search for the (looooong!) "LOW LOW tensions" thread in the Strings section.

Hellbergarn
05-12-2011, 10:39 AM
There is a big difference between dropping tension only 1 or 2 kgs and going all the way down to tensions below 20 kg. If you hit with a decent amount of topspin you may actually find increased control due to greater ball pocketing and longer dwell time! Just try it once and you may be pleasantly surprised, that's what happened to me... :) For more info search for the (looooong!) "LOW LOW tensions" thread in the Strings section.

I think I got it the first time but thanks! ;)

I will try that, at least once....hehe