PDA

View Full Version : in distress!! please help me!

ontherise17
04-24-2004, 02:00 PM
im a 4.5 player hit pretty heavy from the baseline and come to net only to close out points..only 17 but play in tournaments almost every week i currently play with a prince Synergy Fusion Ti strung at about 60...the problem is this racquet is about a gagilian years old and is starting to get in horrible condition..but i cant find a racquet that plays like it...27in, 107in, about 11.5oz, fairly stiff, 16X19, a little head light..it hits very flat and has great control and very good power too..ive demo'd a volkl cat7 prince more control 800 and a few heads but hated all of them because they had too much spin, everyshot i tryed to hit hard lost pace because of all the spin on the ball..i need something with around a 95-100in head size, 27-27.5 length, nothing too flexable, head light, and something around 11.3-12oz that hits flat. SOMEONE HELP I KNOW WHAT I NEED JUST CANT FIND IT!

also has anyone hit with the RDX 500HD..how does it play?

Feņa14
04-24-2004, 02:06 PM
i.prestige mp because it has control, its head light, its not flexible, it fits in to your length and head size category.

Try it and you will love it

Liam

Steve H.
04-24-2004, 02:26 PM
Babs Pure Control? Stiffer than the iPrestige, although that might also be a good choice.

ontherise17
04-24-2004, 02:31 PM
no ive tryed a pure drive and a pure control and babs are jsut too powerful and have too much spin for me

Coda
04-24-2004, 02:32 PM
first person in a long time that doesn't want extra spin...what about the tour 95? Great feel, power can be there, great control.

ontherise17
04-24-2004, 02:39 PM
im a little scared to try that racquet from the rumors of lack of playablity and poor groundstrokes..it just seems like more of a volleyers stick

Feņa14
04-24-2004, 02:42 PM
So what about the i.prestige?

Liam

brijoel
04-24-2004, 02:57 PM
im going to be honest with ya here....the racquets arent the ones creating the spin. YOU ARE!!! lol
spin doesnt come from a racquet, it comes from how you hit the ball. i used to hit flat drives with prince original graphite and that thing is one of the best "spin" racquets you can buy.....
thus this thread really makes no sense at all to me.
it sounds to me like you just need something less powerful. flat or spin game is pretty irrelevant.

ontherise17
04-24-2004, 03:02 PM
hmm i dont really know. i know alot of people like that racquet and i have heard that it hits fairly flat ive jsut never gave it consideration before but i might demo it next time i head to the pro shop....here are juse a few racquets i wanted to try(this doesnt really matter im just putting them out there for what u people think)..RDX500HD, Prince Diablo MP, Prince Pricision, Kenetic 7g and 5g, Volkl tour 10 & 8, Ficsher Pro #1FT & Pro Extreme FT.

ontherise17
04-24-2004, 03:09 PM
excuse me brijoel but no negitive comments were needed and ur comment wasnt needed at all :) im simply asking for help on choosing a racquet so if ur not gonna leave any helpful information please stay out of my thread...and racquets do hold some part in the spin they create when with my prince i can hit flat forehands with no spin at all and i try to hit the same shot with a cat 7 and it holds tons of topspin theres a difference...if racquets didnt have anything to do with it every racquet would have the same string pattern!

brijoel
04-24-2004, 03:17 PM
i didnt say anything negative other than the thread didnt make sense to me, and even that isnt exactly being negative. so chill. the BIGGEST factor to impart spin on a ball is the player whether you like it or not. duh, racquets play a part in it, but it sounds like you are thinking of it in terms of the racquet creating the spin. you keep saying you hit flat but somehow still get spin. that isnt how it works....you should be able to hit flat with any racquet. my guess is the racquets you tried felt different and you adjusted your game to fit the racquets which would explain why you were getting spin, not the racquet magically doing it.
i never said a racquet cant aid in spin production, but at the same time almost any racquet can be setup to produce similiar amounts of spin as another through even just a string job between different string patterns. more than anything string patterns create a different "feel" from the racquet.

next time when someone is trying to give you the correct information you might just want to listen instead.

here is something from a thread a few below this one that might aid in helping you understand what im saying.....

"think about this, with 18x20, you have more strings contacting the ball thus more griping, but with 16x18 or 20 you have fewer strings, but they "bite" the ball well.
.....the rest.........upto the player and thats it. string pattern is pretty much irrelevant as far as im concerned. i can hit just as much spin with either pattern and have never really noticed a lacking in one or the other. what you WILL NOTICE however, is that a more open string pattern is a little more powerful overall because you have fewer strings that have to flex and thus, they give easier(same idea for stringing a racquet lower with a softer string). now at the same time, with that extra give you will see more spin produced, but this can be compensated for by stringing lower with a denser string pattern. generally with a more dense string pattern you have better feel on the ball as well since you have more strings transfering feedback.
whatever....its all personal preference really."

ontherise17
04-24-2004, 03:29 PM
again ive gotten no help from u, u must have misunderstood what this thread is about but its about finding a racquet that plays similarly to my old one...including the amount of spin it produced which is less then any of the others ive demo'd....im simply looking for help finding a racquet..so if u can help on this its very appriciated if not please dont post any more comments

brijoel
04-24-2004, 03:33 PM
gladly, if ya dont get it, its not my fault.....
good luck
~sigh~ some people.

Swan Song
04-24-2004, 05:17 PM
ontherise17, how about the More Control DB 850 it sort of fits your criteria: 107 headsize, 16x19 pattern, 11.5ish weight, 71RA stiffness. The only thing is that it comes in a 27.25 length so you can shorten it to 27. I hope this helps :D .

P.S. Many people claim that the Warrior is better. I have not hit with either of them so I cannot give my full opinion.

Alley Cat
04-24-2004, 05:36 PM
Also give the Tour 95 a try. Decent weight, I think the string pattern is 16 x 19, and it generates good spin. I don't get the whole brijoel thing; so give this one a try. While I agree that its a person's technique and swing that can help create spin, even with a dense pattern; but in my my experience the more open string patterns aid in getting additional spin. There is not a big difference, but there is one. Good luck!

Nas Eclipse
04-25-2004, 07:41 AM
try a dunlop 300g

Redferrari350
04-25-2004, 10:50 AM
Liquidmetal Radical MP. Flat shots are awesome with this racquet, although you sacrifice serve speed because of llight weight.

10stoday
04-25-2004, 02:12 PM
I agree with brijoel. Regardless of the topic of your post, it is not reasonable for you to expect to be able to make undeucated comments without them being challenged.

Simbah2004
04-27-2004, 12:29 PM
Maybe you should take a loot at the Pro Staff Zone 7.1 - spin potential is excellent, string pattern 16x19, a more flexible racquet. Hope this helps.