PDA

View Full Version : Something similar to PSC 6.1 lighter!

drummerboy
05-11-2011, 04:27 AM
Hi

I have been playing with Pro Staff Classic 18x20 strung with BB Alu Power. We all know this stick is legendary and it's one of the greatest all court sticks that just begs for chip and charge and volleying. I also tried other 100 inch Prince sticks and they all lacked that feel on the net. Can someone recommend something similar to PSC 6.1 with good all court characteristics but a little lighter (315-320 grams range unstrung) cause I just can't whip that beast so fast as I used to. Thanks for the tips.

TennisMaverick
05-11-2011, 04:59 AM
Hi

I have been playing with Pro Staff Classic 18x20 strung with BB Alu Power. We all know this stick is legendary and it's one of the greatest all court sticks that just begs for chip and charge and volleying. I also tried other 100 inch Prince sticks and they all lacked that feel on the net. Can someone recommend something similar to PSC 6.1 with good all court characteristics but a little lighter (315-320 grams range unstrung) cause I just can't whip that beast so fast as I used to. Thanks for the tips.

It's tough to go below that weight with an 18x20 because it lacks the plow thru. I only know Volkl sticks well, so give the BB Melbourne a try; it plays very well stock, and it half-volleys and volleys better than the Classic PS 6.1 IMO because it is more torsionally stable.

However, there are some sticks which are 16x19, but play like 18x20. The X10 295 plays like that, and you can customize it 15-20 grams specifically to your liking.

jorel
05-11-2011, 05:00 AM
the team version?

drummerboy
05-11-2011, 05:41 AM
the team version?

Too light I think. Need something that still gives that heavy ball.

drummerboy
05-11-2011, 08:19 AM
What about Wilson BLX Pro Tour 18x20' It seems like a great frame with nice specs and it's also cheap in my country. It's this one:

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Wilson_BLX_Pro_Tour/descpageRCWILSON-PTBLX.html

jorel
05-11-2011, 09:05 AM
Too light I think. Need something that still gives that heavy ball.
lead..leather grip..overgrip...

EP1998
05-11-2011, 03:19 PM
have you tried the kBlade 98?

ultradr
05-11-2011, 04:46 PM
I recommend Head youtek Presitge Mid Plus.

Wilson should make a lighter 6.1 with 18x20. 6.1 Team is too light at under 11 oz strung.

Cup8489
05-11-2011, 07:48 PM
I recommend Head youtek Presitge Mid Plus.

Wilson should make a lighter 6.1 with 18x20. 6.1 Team is too light at under 11 oz strung.

Lead is a nice tool to use when something is too light..

fuzz nation
05-12-2011, 06:54 AM
I've found that my 6.1 Classics give me great performance in no small part because of their heft. Mine are the 16x18 versions, but I think that there's something to having that stability regardless of the frame's string pattern.

My slightly lighter alternatives to my ProStaffs are my Volkl C10's, but they're softer than the Wilsons and don't give me the same performance around the net as the 6.1's. They are more comfortable in a singles setting where I have to hit more strokes from the baseline (before I can get to the net) and I get extra control and consistency with the more flexible frame. That's the tradeoff.

I'm suspecting that you might get what you need in a different frame if you can find something only slightly less hefty than your ProStaff. The Prince Ignite 95 is sort of their version of the Six.One line. I had a quick hit with one last year and compared with my ProStaffs, it wasn't an unfamiliar hitter. Since it was slightly leaner and quicker, I got the impression that it would be easier to swing around for a while in a singles setting and churn out any measure of spin I might want.

You might also get a more civilized alternative with a frame from Yonex. Not sure what current model might work, but something with enough weight and a little backbone to might do the trick.