PDA

View Full Version : Head ti-s1

sinnetklat
05-11-2011, 05:49 AM
I have a Dunlop 4d 300 tour (320 gr. stringed). I tried my friend's Head Ti-S1 last weekend. Though it was not a racquet I knew before, (I knew Ti-rad only) I developed a positive opinion on it. It seems to be a veteran racquet. Powerful, comfortable. Especially on my 1hbh, it was quite easy to make a stroke. (I think I am somewhere 4.0-4.5)

I am 45 and had a shoulder problem in the past. I sometimes think of whether I would choose a lighter veteran racquet or not.

So friends, has anyone of you used this stick? Do you have any comments? Also, are there similar (or better) racquets that you offer which seem to have blended power, comfort and control? (Maybe you had a similar racquet transition history in your forties.)

Irvin
05-11-2011, 06:23 AM
I never had shoulder problems in my life until I got a stiff light head heavy racket (Wilson hammer 2.8.) Great at first but after about a year my shoulder started hurting. Got rid of the racket and went back to a heavy head light (Head PT280) and all my shoulder problems went away.

Irvin

Sreeram
05-11-2011, 06:45 AM
I started tennis with ti.s2. It is a good one. nothing bad about this racquet. But s stands for short swing. If you are a very low level player who does not swing the racquet much then go for it. Else I would suggest going for a 11+oz HL racquet like radicals. Dont get carried away by such random tries.

thug the bunny
05-11-2011, 08:35 AM
I am 50, and had an opposite racquet transition. 3 yrs ago I came back to the game after a 20+ yr layoff, and I started with a TiS1. From there I went to a LM Rad MP, then Bab PSL, then to the king of the heavy players blades, the KPS88, and most recently PK Redondo 93. The players sticks have really helped me step up my game by demanding from me good prep, positioning, and a nice long unhurried swing, all of which reward the player with delicious feel and unspeakable accuracy.

In retrospect, for me the TiS1 was way too light, way too big, and way too powerful. It encourages a short, stabbing, poke type of swing, so with this stick you won't progress, might even regress... Definitely not made for a 4.5 game IMO....

sinnetklat
05-12-2011, 03:06 AM
Thanks friends, I think this is enough for me about this racquet.

Also, this is a great and a leading forum...