PDA

View Full Version : New Babolat Tech?

LinePainter
05-11-2011, 08:41 PM
Any news on when a new babolat tech is gonna come out?

Fedace
05-11-2011, 08:43 PM
heard about nano tubes being added. also nanobots in the throat area to help guide the ball better

flashfire276
05-11-2011, 08:45 PM
You mean technology right?
For 2012, Babolat is adding "Side Cortex". Basically at the higher end of the throat, they're adding more Cortex pieces to further dampen vibrations to "give more comfort" (note the quotations).
Oh yea. They're bumping up stiffness. Pure Storms will be 69, Aero Storm would be around 71, and AeroPro Drives and Pure Drives would be around 75.

WhiteStripes
05-11-2011, 09:06 PM
For 2012, Babolat is adding "Side Cortex". Basically at the higher end of the throat, they're adding more Cortex pieces to further dampen vibrations to "give more comfort" (note the quotations).
Oh yea. They're bumping up stiffness. Pure Storms will be 69, Aero Storm would be around 71, and AeroPro Drives and Pure Drives would be around 75.

I assume the RAs are the unstrung specs. I believe Babolat lists the unstrung RAs for the current GTs around the same (e.g., the current PST and + GTs also have an RA of 69 listed on their inserts that come with the racquets). Obviously, the RA number will be a bit lower when strung, and the Pure Storm line have a fairly soft/plush feel to them. So if they're listing the RA as 69 for the upcoming line, I don't think that'll be much, if any, of a departure from the current stiffness.

flashfire276
05-11-2011, 11:03 PM
I assume the RAs are the unstrung specs. I believe Babolat lists the unstrung RAs for the current GTs around the same (e.g., the current PST and + GTs also have an RA of 69 listed on their inserts that come with the racquets). Obviously, the RA number will be a bit lower when strung, and the Pure Storm line have a fairly soft/plush feel to them. So if they're listing the RA as 69 for the upcoming line, I don't think that'll be much, if any, of a departure from the current stiffness.

TW measured it as 63.
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Babolat_Pure_Storm_GT/descpageRCBAB-BPS.html
But I understand what you're saying, because the company does their own ratings, while TW does their own. So results can vary.
I haven't picked up the new PSGT. Does it post the 69 RA on the throat?

Agent Orynge
05-11-2011, 11:15 PM
The next generation of Babolat racquets will actually have iPads built into them. The iPad will come with an app that tells you exactly when the next Babolat racquet after that is coming out, what technology it's going to have, and how much your interest in the newest thing is effecting the markup.

rlau
05-12-2011, 02:15 AM

You've got to be kidding me?!

T-ennis 888
05-12-2011, 05:08 AM
The next generation of Babolat racquets will actually have iPads built into them. The iPad will come with an app that tells you exactly when the next Babolat racquet after that is coming out, what technology it's going to have, and how much your interest in the newest thing is effecting the markup.

This made me smile!!

Boricua
05-12-2011, 06:03 AM

Sounds very stiff to me.

richsox
05-12-2011, 06:35 AM
Let's hope bab frops the Cortex altogether, or at least offers a classic Pure Drive ala Team version. Now that would be a smart move!

WhiteStripes
05-12-2011, 08:19 AM
TW measured it as 63.
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Babolat_Pure_Storm_GT/descpageRCBAB-BPS.html
But I understand what you're saying, because the company does their own ratings, while TW does their own. So results can vary.
I haven't picked up the new PSGT. Does it post the 69 RA on the throat?

Babolat doesn't list (unstrung) RA on the throat of their racquets anymore. The last version I believe they put those on were the 2001 Swirly versions. They do, however, list the unstrung RAs on the glossy informational inserts that come tied to the frame (and hang inside the stringbed area). From what I recall, the Storms were listed as a 69 RA.

That doesn't mean that their stiffness rating is inconsistent with TW's stiffness measurement, since TW does their RDC measurements on strung racquets, and RA measurements on a strung racquet will come in a bit lower than results on an unstrung racquet.

WhiteStripes
05-12-2011, 08:29 AM
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=349808

As a follow up to my prior post, the above TW thread confirms that the unstrung RA for the current Pure Storm GT listed by Babolat on their informational insert is 69. If they are saying the next Pure Storm line will have a 69RA, then I don't think it'll be that big of a difference stiffness-wise with the current GT version.

eidolonshinobi
05-12-2011, 08:48 AM

There's an app for that?!

I thought it was just called Racketaholic thread in this forum?

Agent Orynge
05-12-2011, 09:57 AM
There's an app for that?!

I thought it was just called Racketaholic thread in this forum?

In the wake of their recent PSN snafu, Sony Corp. has elected to sell off certain trademarked slogans previously associated with the brand. Introducing Babolat's newest marketing campaign -

"Babolat. It only does everything."

Agent Orynge
05-12-2011, 10:15 AM
To stay on point, I'll add that whatever Babolat does come up with next, it couldn't possibly be worse than the racquets they developed in the early '40s. "Maginot Technology," as it was called, was supposed to aid defensive-minded players, but there was a grave flaw in the design. Anyone who used it against an opponent wielding a frame manufactured in Austria would find that balls simply went around their racquet!

flashfire276
05-12-2011, 10:39 AM
You've got to be kidding me?!

Sadly, I'm not. Goodbye to Babolat for me. Someone just shoot my arm off right now!!
All the specs and releases of 2012 were stated in a "What's Next" catalog for 2012 Babolat. I'll see if I can find it.

Boricua
05-12-2011, 10:53 AM
Sadly, I'm not. Goodbye to Babolat for me. Someone just shoot my arm off right now!!
All the specs and releases of 2012 were stated in a "What's Next" catalog for 2012 Babolat. I'll see if I can find it.

Yes, and they will introduce the new poly "Duralast Nadal Super Stiff". It will be a rainbow colored string, very fashionable,:) for all Nadal copycats who want to end up in the orthopedist office.:)

flashfire276
05-12-2011, 10:58 AM
Found the catalog for you guys. Check out the specs!
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=379804

WhiteStripes
05-12-2011, 01:28 PM
Found the catalog for you guys. Check out the specs!
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=379804

Thanks for finding the catalog. Interesting -- looks like the Side Cortex racquets are identified as the Drive Z Lite, Drive Z Tour, and Drive Z Mid in the catalog. Wonder if they'll creep into the main Drive and Aero racquets in the upcoming updates perhaps in 2012 or beyond. Unstrung specs for the main Drive/Aero/Storm lines are just those of the current versions, which I guess should be no surprise since the catalog is for 2011.

richsox
05-12-2011, 01:33 PM
I'd be amazed if bab inserted cortex on the Pure Drives - they would be the end

LinePainter
05-12-2011, 05:16 PM
Babolats the Apple of Racquet companies I know
is the weight of the pure drive roddick + dropped, strung adds about .5ozs right, so 11.6oz now... i loved the balance of the PDR+ now just gonna get one on sale for fun i guess. but im sticking with prestige pros (youteks)

Davro
05-12-2011, 06:23 PM
To stay on point, I'll add that whatever Babolat does come up with next, it couldn't possibly be worse than the racquets they developed in the early '40s. "Maginot Technology," as it was called, was supposed to aid defensive-minded players, but there was a grave flaw in the design. Anyone who used it against an opponent wielding a frame manufactured in Austria would find that balls simply went around their racquet!

Beautiful line. Well played to you sir. Although I thought the early 40's Babolats either went over to the other side of the net and joined the Austrians or broke their strings in the bag so they didnt have to play...

Agent Orynge
05-12-2011, 08:41 PM
At last, someone who understands!

Agent Orynge
05-13-2011, 04:57 PM
Brush up on your history, people! You might have a laugh.