PDA

View Full Version : Customizing Prince O3 White

GRHooked
05-12-2011, 01:25 PM
Hey guys,

I own a pair of Prince O3 White, which I love, but I have recently come into my own as a player (I am now the #2 on my high school varsity team, and won the district doubles championship with the #1 guy; hope to overtake him by next year) and the racquet has started to feel a bit light in my hands. I decided I wanted to customize it, so I got some lead tape and used TW's racquet customization tool to figure out where to put the lead to increase the swingweight (which is a very low 290 uncustomized).

None of that has been my problem. My problem is that there seems to be no way to put large quantities of weight in the handle, because there is some webwork-type stuff obstructing the handle. I don't quite know how to describe it, so here's a picture:

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/2962/p5120080.jpg
(here (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/p5120080.jpg/)'s the link to imageshack)

My question is, what should I do about this? I need to put about 8 grams in the handle, 1.2 inches up from the bottom. How do other people customize this racquet? How do I solve this problem?

Hapless
05-12-2011, 01:35 PM
I use blu-tack/putty stuffed into the handle of my racket. You could probably use a small screwdriver or pen to stuff it past that plastic mess.

pheonix6579
05-12-2011, 03:54 PM
Blue tack/puddy works well and if you want to make a more perm. change you can add silicone.

GRHooked
05-12-2011, 04:50 PM
Thanks for the advice, guys. I'll pick some blu-tack or substitute at Wally World tonight and try it out. Now, any suggestions on, once I get it past the plastic, how to get it out? I don't want it to become a permanent modification, and I also don't want to have to destroy the plastic blocking the entrance to get it out (because I have no idea what its purpose is).

Hapless
05-12-2011, 05:53 PM
As long as you don't stuff it too far down, you can remove blu-tack intact with needle-nose pliers. Just be sure to leave a little corner of it accessible i.e. squished against the butt-cap.

GRHooked
05-12-2011, 06:08 PM
Ah, good point. Alright, thanks guys!

GRHooked
05-12-2011, 09:44 PM
Ah man, half an ounce and an extra 20 swingweight makes a heck of a difference. Thanks again for the help guys.

Carolina Racquet
05-13-2011, 06:29 AM
GR.. I customized an O3 Blue using blue tack and it is very effective and easy to do.

As others mentioned you can shove the material in the open webbing inside the handle. It never dries, so you can easily remove with no residue remaining.

I just wish I noticed the trap door in the butt cap! I removed the entire grip device. I thought it was a normal Prince butt cap without a trap.

GRHooked
05-13-2011, 09:26 PM
Carolina, I am a neophyte when it comes to racquet technologies. When you say trap door, is that the end of the butt cap that comes off? And when you say you removed the entire grip device, what does that mean?