PDA

View Full Version : Quick question for the Volkl C10 Pro

zapvor
05-13-2011, 10:19 AM
So I just picked one up used, and I am wondering how come Volkl did not print the specs of the racket on the racket like other manufacturers do? Is this a Volkl thing?

mctennis
05-13-2011, 10:14 PM
I've seen some with and some without the specs inside the throat. I'm not sure why this happens. The guy doing it must have been on break.

esgee48
05-13-2011, 10:36 PM
Check the outside of the hoop near the throat. Some of the older C10 Pros have their specs printed there.

zapvor
05-14-2011, 06:47 PM
thanks for the input. this is for the later 2008 version. i just find it weird they dont print the specs....

mctennis
05-14-2011, 11:34 PM
I had one that just had a blank space that looked like the specs should have been printed there.

SirGounder
05-14-2011, 11:47 PM
I've seen this on a couple racquets before. I'd assume it's a mistake from the factory. I don't think you'd find fake c10's floating around.

zapvor
05-15-2011, 04:48 PM
I had one that just had a blank space that looked like the specs should have been printed there.

that's what my looks like. it has like a rectangle bracket with blank inside

Rabbit
05-15-2011, 07:49 PM

Yeah, I have a couple like that as well.

Mansewerz
05-16-2011, 08:59 PM
Do you ahve teh jet black one?

zapvor
05-18-2011, 06:49 PM
Do you ahve teh jet black one?

yep. i think its the 2008 version. black and yellow

OldButGame
05-18-2011, 07:50 PM
Zap,...sorry to change subject,..but did You p/u the PB10 MP yet???:neutral:

zapvor
05-19-2011, 07:48 AM
Zap,...sorry to change subject,..but did You p/u the PB10 MP yet???:neutral:

nope. still looking for a deal. i might just buy it new. i want to demo it though. i thought you just bought one?

athiker
05-19-2011, 09:31 AM
I have a black 2008 version and it also just has a blank box next to the box w/ the string tension info.

I have an older yellow fishnet one at home that I can check when I get home.

OldButGame
05-19-2011, 03:16 PM
nope. still looking for a deal. i might just buy it new. i want to demo it though. i thought you just bought one?
Nope,..I'm waitin for YOU to buy it 1st !!!!...and then tell US what you thought of it!!!!..... :lol:....(but actually,...I do have 1 on the way...new,...unless I change my mind before I pick it up,....:neutral: )

athiker
05-19-2011, 08:33 PM
My older yellow fishnet/fish scale one just has the grip size in that little outlined box on the inside of the throat. No weight or even head size specs on either racquet that I can find.

mctennis
05-19-2011, 10:13 PM
My older yellow fishnet/fish scale one just has the grip size in that little outlined box on the inside of the throat. No weight or even head size specs on either racquet that I can find.

My C10 PT has the same thing on one of them. One has the string pattern and the tension but that's all.

AndyC
05-23-2011, 07:13 AM
My C10 PT has the same thing on one of them. One has the string pattern and the tension but that's all.

I'll second this. I've just pulled out my two C10 PTs and both have the string pattern and recommended tension (53+/-5 lbs).

zapvor
05-23-2011, 05:44 PM
Nope,..I'm waitin for YOU to buy it 1st !!!!...and then tell US what you thought of it!!!!..... :lol:....(but actually,...I do have 1 on the way...new,...unless I change my mind before I pick it up,....:neutral: )

haha. i read that you said you were picking one up. did you receive it yet?

i took my out for a hit finally last night. serves were horrible, but it felt good on groundies. very flexy and soft. if it wasnt so heavy i may stick with it.

OldButGame
05-23-2011, 05:48 PM
haha. i read that you said you were picking one up. did you receive it yet?

i took my out for a hit finally last night. serves were horrible, but it felt good on groundies. very flexy and soft. if it wasnt so heavy i may stick with it.
Picking it up (along with a YTK Prestige MP),...in the next 2 days,...(I really need help,....:( )....The BB11 is a beautiful instrument,...I love it,...and I hope to capture a 'lil of that in the PB10MP,.....(fingers crossed,..)

zapvor
05-25-2011, 08:33 AM
I want to try the BB11L as well. let meknow what you think when you get it!

OldButGame
05-25-2011, 06:12 PM
OK,...Got out today for a lengthy session with the PB10MP;,....I LOVE THAT STICK!!!!!!:shock: ...(sorry,..got carried away,...),...

It is the closest thing to the BB11 i've found to date!!! (which makes sense given its made by Volkl and has very similar specs & technology)...even though its criticized for being low power,...I found it to be good on power,..with the ball really jumping from the stringbed. My partner tried it and was struck by the same thing, and had to adjust due to hitting long.
Very good control for angle shots and placement. Nice midrange flex,...not harsh, but just enough to but some sting on shots. Very comfortable stick. It took virtually NO time to adjust to (which is 1 gauge i use to measure a good stick for myself).
Serves were average to good (for me) and it was easy to swing on serve.
It was solid on returns and refused to be 'pushed around'.
If there was any critique from me, it would be that I struggled at net with it initially. Stability seemed to be an issue volleying but when i focused on that issue i made it 'go away'.
I may dump off some of my 'lesser used' sticks and get more of these before they're gone :neutral:.
***(Temper all this with the 'Honeymoon Effect',.....(although i dont always experience this),....
...and the fact that one mans 'steak' is another mans 'roadkill' ..(i made that up...),....These are just my impressions,..:)

Oh,..and just to confound things some,...I have no idea how/what it was strung with,.. The shop had it prestrung for a previous buyer with a hybrid of Prince something and something else, No idea the tension. But felt like maybe,...50lbs roughly???:-?,..I'm gonna call 'em back and see if they have records of what they put in it...

zapvor
05-25-2011, 06:55 PM
thanks for the update! so sounds like i need to get my hands on 1 of them. would you say it's better than the BB11? how does it feel in the hand? is it really flexy, say like the C10pro? does it hit soft?

OldButGame
05-26-2011, 06:12 PM
thanks for the update! so sounds like i need to get my hands on 1 of them. would you say it's better than the BB11? how does it feel in the hand? is it really flexy, say like the C10pro? does it hit soft?
Just came in after another match with it. Dang, I'm ganna get another one for sure!!. It has a LOT in common with the BB11 IMO.
One thing, I wouldnt describe it as overly 'flexy'. Its moderately stiff, not harsh,...but in the vein of the Head LM Radical, Dunlop 4D300 Tour,Biomimetic 300Tour, if You've played any of them. I have gotten to to really like that flex range. It lends a nice 'spank' to groundstrokes' and serves. I hit flat and was getting some really nice low,hard, flat drives tonight with it, (the BB11 was also very good that way).
It feels great in the hand. My confidence was going wild with it. OH!!!...and BACKHANDS!!!!,...I was getting 1HBH off like I never have before with this!!!!!
*Remember...and I'm reminding myself of this,....this could be the proverbial 'Honeymoon period'. BUT,...like I was telling my partner tonight,...i dont necessarily experience that with EVERY stick i try. Some just dont ever 'take', or take forever to get accustomed to.
I'll be surprised if i dont get another one of these. :)

(I still am unsure how much to chalk up to the hybrid string setup thats in it,...:-?)

Hominator
05-27-2011, 02:56 AM
Just came in after another match with it. Dang, I'm ganna get another one for sure!!. It has a LOT in common with the BB11 IMO.
One thing, I wouldnt describe it as overly 'flexy'. Its moderately stiff, not harsh,...but in the vein of the Head LM Radical, Dunlop 4D300 Tour,Biomimetic 300Tour, if You've played any of them. I have gotten to to really like that flex range. It lends a nice 'spank' to groundstrokes' and serves. I hit flat and was getting some really nice low,hard, flat drives tonight with it, (the BB11 was also very good that way).
It feels great in the hand. My confidence was going wild with it. OH!!!...and BACKHANDS!!!!,...I was getting 1HBH off like I never have before with this!!!!!
*Remember...and I'm reminding myself of this,....this could be the proverbial 'Honeymoon period'. BUT,...like I was telling my partner tonight,...i dont necessarily experience that with EVERY stick i try. Some just dont ever 'take', or take forever to get accustomed to.

(I still am unsure how much to chalk up to the hybrid string setup thats in it,...:-?)

If you're interested in another PB 10 for cheap, please PM me. TM told me he can help you out. Make sure your messaging option is on.

zapvor
06-02-2011, 05:08 AM

i am going to get my hands on one of them....i want to get a BB11L too but they are impossible to find

zapvor
06-02-2011, 07:51 PM
so.....i ordered one today!!! this is the first time I have bought a stick without hitting with it first...wish me luck!

zapvor
06-06-2011, 07:13 PM
anyone play with a BB 11L?