View Full Version : Replacement Butt Cap for Head racquet

05-13-2011, 12:20 PM
I have an old Head Pro Tour 280 MP that I still use but the butt cap is starting to move in my hand. I haven't removed the grip to check, but in past experience I have a feeling that the butt cap is cracked and needs to be replaced.

So, seeing how they no longer make Pro Tour 280 MP, will a generic Head butt cap work as a replacement, or is there a place to order a butt cap for the PT 280 MP?

Thanks for any help.

05-13-2011, 12:26 PM
TW should have one that works.

05-13-2011, 12:28 PM
I have been using the Head Butt Caps that you can pick up on TW to replace my broken ones on my PT280. I do not think that there is a difference at all.

05-13-2011, 01:54 PM
Thanks for the help.

05-13-2011, 02:43 PM
Yes they do. I have replaced one of my pc600 buttcaps and a lm prestige with a speed pallet with the black replacement cap sold at tenniswarehouse. Both fit perfect. They are snug so shape of the pallet is not an issue like it would appear to be.