PDA

View Full Version : Need a different racket to get back into game with

robertg06
05-14-2011, 05:25 AM
So I've played tennis a few times in the past week for the first time in about a year. I haven't lost all of my game, but I'm changing to a one handed backhand and I had a hit with my friend's Babolat Pure Storm (I'm not entirely sure which one) and it seemed to fit my game perfectly. I have a couple Tecnifibre 320 V02's and I am partly sponsored or whatever by Tecnifibre so I can get any of their new frames discounted. I'm just looking for a slightly lighter frame a bit more suited to just hard-hitting from the back with a one hander. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bobby

robertg06
05-15-2011, 04:17 AM
Bump.. :oops:

Has anyone had any experience with the Head Microgel Extreme MP? Is it any good?

Cup8489
05-15-2011, 07:31 AM
what did you like most about the pure storm?

the extreme is stiffer and more powerful than the pure storm.. equivalent to the Pure Drive.

What are your likes/dislikes with the Tec-320, and what did you like and dislike about the pure storm?

robertg06
05-15-2011, 10:49 AM
Just the control I got on the PS when I did a one hander backhand.

The TF is a cracking racket, and my forehands are comfortable with it but I need something that adds more power as I'm not the most powerful but I go for winners a lot.

Devilito
05-15-2011, 11:02 AM
I'm just looking for a slightly lighter frame a bit more suited to just hard-hitting from the back with a one hander. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bobby

a lighter racquet won't' add more power that's backwards. But anyway, i'd check out some of these;

Prestige Pro / MP
Pure Storm Tour
Six One Tour
Volk PB10 Mid
BB DC Legend
Prince Rebel 95
Yonex RDIS 100 Mid