PDA

View Full Version : Change up from aeropro lite ?

dannythomas
05-14-2011, 08:46 AM
I posted a similar thread in the junior section but is something else in the aeropro range a logical change up for my 11 year old daughter who likes her aeropro lite but is starting to find it a little too light ? I am thinking she could go up by about an ounce to around10.5 .she hits hard from the baseline but also has very good feel and likes to get to the net.

She does not like the pure drive or z drive range but has tried the Wilson BLX lite before and liked it so maybe something from that range or the Babolat Pure Storm would be other choices ?

As ever it is extremely difficult for an 11 year old girl to get anything from a demo of a racquet in a grip size 3 or 4 when she plays with a zero grip size.

TheOneHander
05-14-2011, 10:39 AM
There's always the Aeropro Team GT, which is right around the specs you're looking for at 10.6 ounces strung.

flashfire276
05-14-2011, 01:30 PM
AeroPro Drive is already pretty light you know? Have you tried that one yet?
Yes, be careful of getting a racquet that's too heavy because you can't handle it. But also be careful of getting something too light, because that causes elbow problems.

TheOneHander
05-14-2011, 01:34 PM
Personally, I wouldn't make a full ounce jump in weight for my child. I'd take it in steps; keep it easy for her. She's young enough to not worry too much about elbow issues, and if she's been using the Lite with no problems, the Team should present no issues.

flashfire276
05-14-2011, 01:39 PM
Personally, I wouldn't make a full ounce jump in weight for my child. I'd take it in steps; keep it easy for her. She's young enough to not worry too much about elbow issues, and if she's been using the Lite with no problems, the Team should present no issues.

Oh, she's 11! I didn't read that.
In that case, I suggest her to stay away from the whole AeroPro linie, because lightweight and stiff is gonna cause her problems.
I suggest you to look into the Head Youtek Instinct. Great racquet to build technique, and to advance any skills you already have. Also a great racquet to modify as you keep playing.

TheOneHander
05-14-2011, 01:41 PM
Their weight range is 10.5, just for reference.

dannythomas
05-14-2011, 06:07 PM
What about the Babolat Pure Storm team ? Gets pretty good reviews, same weight as the Aeropro Team , less stiff. Does anyone know anything about it ?

Hominator
05-14-2011, 07:30 PM
I posted a similar thread in the junior section but is something else in the aeropro range a logical change up for my 11 year old daughter who likes her aeropro lite but is starting to find it a little too light ? I am thinking she could go up by about an ounce to around10.5 .she hits hard from the baseline but also has very good feel and likes to get to the net.

She does not like the pure drive or z drive range but has tried the Wilson BLX lite before and liked it so maybe something from that range or the Babolat Pure Storm would be other choices ?

As ever it is extremely difficult for an 11 year old girl to get anything from a demo of a racquet in a grip size 3 or 4 when she plays with a zero grip size.

You may want to try a Volkl Organix 6. My wife uses the same Babolat as your daughter and she's switching to the Volkl.

dannythomas
05-14-2011, 08:27 PM
You may want to try a Volkl Organix 6. My wife uses the same Babolat as your daughter and she's switching to the Volkl.

However good the Volkl is none of the kids at her Academy play with anything other than Babolat, Head or Wilson so I know she wouldn't step outside those brands !

flashfire276
05-14-2011, 09:15 PM
What about the Babolat Pure Storm team ? Gets pretty good reviews, same weight as the Aeropro Team , less stiff. Does anyone know anything about it ?

Yes, this would be a GREAT option! Great, forgiving racquet to learn on. But the specs are just at the perfect balance for you to keep using it as you keep playing.
I haven't played with the new 2011 model, but I have played with the older PS Team. And for a racquet that light, I was surprised how good it felt. I would personally suggest to put some lead as you develop your swings more.