PDA

View Full Version : Switching from Babolat PSL to BLX Tour

c_hari_c
05-14-2011, 09:38 PM
I am planning to demo the BLX 90 some time next week as I have read some great reviews of the racket. Currently I am playing with the Babolat PSL (older version) for the last 3 years. Before that I used to play with the tour 90 line for 5 years aka NCode 90, K90. How much difficult do you think it will be to switch to the new BLX.

flashfire276
05-14-2011, 10:25 PM
I'm assuming that you're talking about the 6.1 Tour 90.
The BLX 6.1 Tour felt very similar to the nCode 6.1 Tour. Since you already played with that, you already have a general picture.
And the whole 6.1 90 line plays the exact same, but they just feel a bit different. The nCode and BLX feel a bit muted, while the K Factor is more "raw" and pure feeling.

If you're talking about the Tour 95 (Henin's Racquet), then it's going to be a totally different switch. The Tour 95 is right on the border of a tweener and player's racquet. It offers so much forgiveness, and the sweetspot is so large for its headsize. Lots of power coming from the racquet, and the weight is a bit on the lower side (lower 11 ounce range I think?). Your PSL is the exact opposite. It's the hardcore player's racquet, and it's underpowered so the player can use his stroke to bring all the power.

c_hari_c
05-21-2011, 11:37 AM
I demoed the BLK 90 today for 2 hours. I can definitely tell that the serve got much better and I was able to generate some good kick serves. Ground strokes felt similar to K90. The other difference I was able to tell is the off center shots. With the K90, my arm would hurt just a bit but with the BLX, my arm did not hurt. Now, this is the first session only but I am already convinced that this is a great racket. My slices were deep too. Would demo it this week and but it later. The switch from PSL should not be difficult.

quest01
05-21-2011, 01:55 PM
The blx90 is a great racquet if your at least a 5.0 rated NTRP player, if not then you'll play better with other racquets in particularly mid plus racquets. The Babolat psl is similar to the blx90, a little more demanding but not a huge difference.

KenC
05-22-2011, 12:23 AM
I also think the BLX90 is more forgiving on the arm than the K90 was. Transitioning from the PSL to the BLX90 shouldn't be that hard, you will just need to adjust to the noticeably higher swingweight and power of the BLX90.

c_hari_c
05-22-2011, 07:45 AM
It was not hard for me to adjust when I played yesterday. I am playing again today to get a feel. I know its honeymoon period but I am confident that the BLX 90 gives me more than what the PSL gave me. Nothing against PSL but I thought the extra weight in stock form of the BLX 90 gave me everything I wanted.