PDA

View Full Version : Pure Storm GT - for old Pure Storm user

ptr
05-15-2011, 10:25 AM
Hi

A friend of mine plays old Pure Strom (not GT). He wants to buy new GT versions. Worth it for him? The same feel etc?

mikeler
05-15-2011, 10:48 AM
The GT feels stiffer and more powerful. Always demo before buying a racket.

ptr
05-15-2011, 11:04 AM
mikeler - but is it a little change or 'brand new and different stick'?

ptr
05-15-2011, 12:13 PM
For sure, new PJ is worse! OLD PJ (http://www.mauricerobinsonsports.com/images/pics/Babolat_Pure_Storm.jpg) outstanding!

mikeler
05-15-2011, 03:58 PM
mikeler - but is it a little change or 'brand new and different stick'?

Somewhere in between.

Hankenstein
05-15-2011, 10:46 PM
I used the old Pure Control Team (during those years with Babolat, the team was a heavy stick, not light like today) then i played a customized Pure Storm TEAM (a lighter frame, based on the 360 zylon frame) and then the Pure Storm Tour. Of those frames i liked the PST absolutely the most. A fantastic frame, great feel, good power, good stability, and good ball bite.

As the big Babolat-fan i am i got hold of a couple of new PST GTīs same day as they arrived here in Sweden and tried them, and i really wanted them to be good, i went into the playtest with a "i wanna use this frame" feel, but i was dissapointed. I felt that the frame was to stiff, i felt a small pain in my elbow because the frame felt much much stiffer then the old PST.

This was about 2 years ago.. Much have changed since, i have tried many stiffer raquets since then and i now have orderd a couple of PST GTīs again, just to see how i feel about them today, 2 years after i left Babolat Pure Storm Tour the last time. Of all the players i talk to, NO ONE likes the old PST over the PST GT, No one!

Iīll update when i have tried the PST GT again middle this week

ptr
05-16-2011, 01:46 AM
he wants to buy it today due to good price. So no demo possible. I have played that non GT and was nice, not stiff. If it is a lot more stiffer that can be a problem (more tension on string will be needed)

Ten_nuts
05-16-2011, 05:33 AM
Hi guys, i really don't understand why you said it's too stiff? If you play with the old Pure Storm (non GT), i must say it's too soft. The Pure Storm GT, 2009 version is a much better racquet than the old Pure storm version for its stiffness increased from 58 to 63. Eventhough TW's specs showed that the Pure Storm GT, 2009 version had stiffness 63, but to me it was like 61 which was very good because i could tell it wasn't too stiff nor too soft. In here, we all know that the new Pure Storm GT 2011 version is the new paint job of the 2009 version. In fact, the 2011 Pure Storm GT has even balance when strung( the 2009 PS GT has 2 points headlight when strung). I've been playing with the new 2011 PS GT for 2 weeks now and the feel is still right on, not too stiff nor too soft. I am able to use full poly, RPM 17g at 57 lbs on main and 55 lbs cross, and still feels awesome. My setup: exactly 5g at 12 and 12g on handle plus 1 overgrip and 1 dampener. I hope my info can help your friend to make up his mind. By the way, the new 2011 PS GT paint job looks great too.

ptr
05-16-2011, 06:35 AM
Thank you!

Pete Sampras likes it as well ;) (Tour version as I remember...)

As recap rather it would be OK when my friend will convert from not GT to GT ;)