PDA

View Full Version : Speed Lite to Radical MP

tennisfanireland94
05-16-2011, 11:06 AM
i am 17 years old and currently use a Head Youtek Speed Lite, however i think i have really improved over the 2 years i've had it and am ready to move onto something a small bit more advanced. Would you recommend the Radical Midplus?

bear in mind my current racquet is about 275-280g strung and i've been told not to make too much of a leap in terms of weight (ie. not into the 320s) which is why i think the Radical MP would be ideal (among other reasons, i've researched quite a lot on this).

thanks

sunof tennis
05-16-2011, 12:35 PM
Obviously try it before you buy it, but in theory sounds like a good choice. The Radical is more of a player's control racquet but is not as heavy as most are. The Radcial is also good because it is easy to customize. I personally like it better at around 12 oz. as opposed to just over 11. As you grow as as player, it is easy to add more weight to the racquet.

gramdacious
05-16-2011, 12:36 PM
Speed Lite to a Radical MP is a nice jump, you should be able to adjust fairly easily. Now if it were to a Rad Pro then I'd say you would have a problem. The MP is very maneuverable and probably be a little less power than the Lite so focus on the basics of your technique when you switch. I own one and used to hit with the Speed Elite, a tad heavier than the Lite. The MP is a good transition racquet with out being to overbearing.

user92626
05-16-2011, 02:49 PM
I owned a radical and a host of other similar weight rackets. Then, I bought a speed elite. With one overgrip on the elite, it weighs and hits extremely similar to the Radical. IMO, it's not worth the money for that kind of "jump" if weight is what you're looking for. You might wanna go for something like 11.4-11.7 if you're serious about weight improvement.