PDA

View Full Version : prince exo3 ignite 95

alen_david
05-16-2011, 10:18 PM
Any insights are welcome. Comparisons to other rackets with similar specs, how does the ignite rank up? Thanks!

Yenster
05-16-2011, 10:29 PM
Well from my couple of rallies hitting with it, it had a very noticeable trampoline effect. Effortless power, but a lot of the balls that would go in with my usual racket flew out by a foot or two. It has great stability on the other hand though.

fuzz nation
05-17-2011, 06:05 AM
Not a bad frame. I've used the ProStaff 6.1 Classics for a long time (among others) and the Ignite 95 seems to be Prince's version of that sort of racquet. It's rather stiff and hefty, which gives it some decent pop, but it's also rather head-light in balance, so it's rather easy to maneuver.

When I knocked around with an Ignite demo last year, it seemed easier to hit with from the baseline than my 6.1's, since there was plenty of spin available to keep the ball down on the court - the demo may have been strung with a poly. It was also pretty easy to pop volleys with this frame, probably due to the weight and stiffness. I'd bet that this racquet would work nicely for an all-court player or someone who likes to be aggressive in a doubles setting, just as long as the heft of the racquet isn't an issue. I like heavier frames and this one didn't seem overly beefy to me.

While my 6.1's are my personal all-time greats for doubles of serve and volley action, I also enjoy softer racquets like the Volkl C10 or maybe my LM Prestige mids for singles slugging where I get more control with that flex at the baseline. If the stiffness of the Ignite 95 makes for too harsh or lively a racquet, I'd expect the softer Rebel to be a good alternative.

alen_david
05-17-2011, 06:52 AM
Yeah, I agree, the stiffness is too high for me as well. I am used to the soft, flexy Prestige feel. But thanks for the positive insights on the racket!

ICanBeSerious
06-22-2011, 12:02 PM
How is the ignite compared to 6.1 95 16x18?
They have pretty similar specs but the TW reviews say that the 6.1 is more maneuverable.

Filbert Duck
07-09-2011, 05:18 PM
I've been using the Ignite for over a year, and I occasionally hit with my friend's K 6.1. It's true, the K 6.1 is slightly more maneuverable, but I prefer the Ignite. I like the Prince grip shape and the stability. Because of the traditional grommets in the 6.1, it has a much different feel. If you're not used to how Prince racquets feel, it may seem odd. If I had tried the 6.1 first, that may have been my racquet.

whomad15
07-09-2011, 09:19 PM
I've been using the Ignite for over a year, and I occasionally hit with my friend's K 6.1. It's true, the K 6.1 is slightly more maneuverable, but I prefer the Ignite. I like the Prince grip shape and the stability. Because of the traditional grommets in the 6.1, it has a much different feel. If you're not used to how Prince racquets feel, it may seem odd. If I had tried the 6.1 first, that may have been my racquet.

you could try the string grommets in the ignite for a more traditional feel.