PDA

View Full Version : It's Demo Season!

philosoraptor
05-17-2011, 03:07 PM
Hey everyone, I'm in the process of switching racquets for the last time :) so far I've demoed:

Blx 6.1 95 16x18
Youtek rad mp
Yonex rdis 100 mp
Pure storm gt (old cosmetic)
blx 90

going to demo:
blx blade 98

So far here's what I think of these racquets:
blx 95:
power: this racquet had amazing plow through and the open pattern aided the power. Having over 12 ounces of weight in a racquet made this stick feel really solid. I did tend to spray a shot here and there with this racquet

Control: It's a players frame, what did you expect? I felt like I had adequate control, but with the 16x18 pattern, I felt that I lost a little bit of control that I would've had on my K pro tour or a tour 90

touch/feel: This racquet definitely didn't feel silenced, I had a lot of feel with this racquet and the weight of the racquet aided my touch shots.

Overall, I feel like if this racquet was a littttle bit lighter like 11.8-12.0 ounces and had a little bit more control. I'd spring for it with my eyes closed

youtek radical mp
power: This racquet had a lot of potential for me, after reading all of the rave reviews on here and looking at the awesome pj, I really wanted this racquet to be amazing, but I really didn't like this racquet..it wasn't a right fit for me.. anyways... this racquet lacked all and any kind of power..it didn't have any power like an oversize has because of it's low flex and 18x20 pattern and it lacked all plowthrough because it's only 11 ounces strung. for me, this wasn't a good thing because I felt like this racquet was not that stable for me..other people may like it though

control: this racquet had a lot of control, I could aim any of my shots anywhere on the court. Another problem that I had was that I felt that my slices were lacking

Touch/feel: This racquet felt a tiny bit muted but overall it had great feel, this was the only of the few things I liked about this racquet. The low flex and weight didn't help me with my touch shots at all

Yonex rdis 100 mp:

power: I loved this frame and will probably switch to this frame very soon. My forehands on this frame were great, I could flatten out any ball that I wanted to and still get everything in. My two hander benefited from the 11.8 ounces of weight. I couldn't get my slice in tune with this racquet but I think that was probably because of the syn gut string that this racquet was strung with

control: This frame had great control. It wasn't as stable as say the blx 95, but I was confident and didn't worry about getting any shots in with this racquet

touch/feel: this racquet sort of felt like a pure drive in the sense that it felt really hollow to me. I think this was again partially to blame because of the soft syn gut string and the frame itself

tell me what I should demo next and what I should look for!!

un6a
05-18-2011, 01:05 AM
I have my new RDIS 100 Mp at stringer and i'm eager to see how this one play. Never played with yonex racquet before.

If you can, demo Youtek Prestige pro, very vell balanced stick (power, control, spin). For me it was slightly heavier than i would like, but it is more user friendly than BLX 95 16x18.

philosoraptor
05-18-2011, 03:03 PM
I have my new RDIS 100 Mp at stringer and i'm eager to see how this one play. Never played with yonex racquet before.

If you can, demo Youtek Prestige pro, very vell balanced stick (power, control, spin). For me it was slightly heavier than i would like, but it is more user friendly than BLX 95 16x18.

holy crap, I didn't even look at the prestige pro specs.. I have to demo this now!!!!!!!!!!

alidisperanza
05-18-2011, 09:27 PM
Noooo... your thread topic just gave me the shakes... I feel like I just got out of rehab for racquets

philosoraptor
05-19-2011, 06:30 AM
Noooo... your thread topic just gave me the shakes... I feel like I just got out of rehab for racquets

haha, I was watching looney tunes episode with daffy and bugs where they keep arguing about rabbit season when I posted this thread :)

philosoraptor
05-19-2011, 07:11 AM
Blx Blade 98:

power: This racquet was great for power, if you are looking for a stick that'll help you get that extra foot of pace, this is it. Backhands were easy to hit with this racquet and I could hit great, low slices with this racquet

control: This racquet had ok control. For an 18x20, I expected more control. I would spray a bunch of shots here and there that I normally make with other racquets like the rdis 100 mp or my k pro tour. I think that part of this problem was that my demo was strung with a crappy syn gut but I feel like if you don't aim and have good form, you'll end up spraying shots here and there with this racquet

Touch/feel: I don't know what it is about the feel of this racquet, but I looooove it. I wish all racquets had this same exact feel. I could hit touch volleys and drop shots really well with this racquet.

Overall, I realllly loved this racquet and I want to compare try this side by side with the 100 mp. I'll probably end up getting one or the other after this weekend :)