PDA

View Full Version : Wilson nCode nTour Two

shogun90
05-18-2011, 02:09 PM
I just got a new nTour Two and noticed the paintjob is different with the decals slightly different. The new one also does not have the trap door buttcap. Has anyone noticed any difference in how they play?

bcart1991
05-18-2011, 05:01 PM
There is no noticeable difference in the way they play. My wife and I have both versions. What you describe seem to be the only differences.

rufusbgood
05-18-2011, 06:13 PM
I just got a new nTour Two and noticed the paintjob is different with the decals slightly different. The new one also does not have the trap door buttcap. Has anyone noticed any difference in how they play?

Does the new racquet have a hologram? A shiny metallic rectangle with a barcode and a seven digit serial number, somewhere in the vicinity of the throat?

flashfire276
05-18-2011, 06:35 PM
The new one also does not have the trap door buttcap.

Oooo.... That's not good news.
Question. Where did you buy it?

shogun90
05-19-2011, 03:38 AM
Does the new racquet have a hologram? A shiny metallic rectangle with a barcode and a seven digit serial number, somewhere in the vicinity of the throat?

The new racquet does not have the hologram and I bought the racquet off the bay. However, the new racquet does look like the pictures that are on the TW website: http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Wilson_nTour_Two_nCode/descpageRCWILSON-WNT2.html

Those pics show no trapdoor and no hologram.

rufusbgood
05-19-2011, 05:57 AM
What I think flashfire and I are both concerned about is the possibility you got a fusion racquet.

I have had a number of nSeries racquets come into my shop for stringing that look like the real thing, but they turned out to be aluminum/graphite fusion racquets. When I removed the buttcap what I found underneath was an aluminum handle.

The absence of the trapdoor immediately makes me suspicious because the solid buttcap prevents you from checking easily and that appears to be the mfr's intent (they are hiding something). The absence of the hologram makes me doubly suspicious.

I have the advantage of having a test bench to check the flex of the frame, as well as the weight, balance and swingweight. So before I went and took it apart I had lots of reasons to be suspicious.

shogun90
05-19-2011, 06:16 AM
What I think flashfire and I are both concerned about is the possibility you got a fusion racquet.

I have had a number of nSeries racquets come into my shop for stringing that look like the real thing, but they turned out to be aluminum/graphite fusion racquets. When I removed the buttcap what I found underneath was an aluminum handle.

The absence of the trapdoor immediately makes me suspicious because the solid buttcap prevents you from checking easily and that appears to be the mfr's intent (they are hiding something). The absence of the hologram makes me doubly suspicious.

I have the advantage of having a test bench to check the flex of the frame, as well as the weight, balance and swingweight. So before I went and took it apart I had lots of reasons to be suspicious.

Thanks for the info. I will look closer tonight. Funny thing is it looks like the pics posted on TW.

flashfire276
05-19-2011, 07:13 AM
Thanks for the info. I will look closer tonight. Funny thing is it looks like the pics posted on TW.

Whether it looks like it or not, it has to feel real.
Again, where did you buy it?
I know 100% that this racquet should have a trap door, because the handle is filled with foam. So at this point, I'm 100% sure that the racquet you have is a fake. Sorry....

shogun90
05-19-2011, 07:41 AM
Whether it looks like it or not, it has to feel real.
Again, where did you buy it?
I know 100% that this racquet should have a trap door, because the handle is filled with foam. So at this point, I'm 100% sure that the racquet you have is a fake. Sorry....

I bought it off e bay. I understand what you are saying, but seeing that the TW site shows the non-trap door butt cap, I'm thinking that the newer nTour Two's have changed a little, probably to save money.

flashfire276
05-19-2011, 10:27 AM
I bought it off e bay. I understand what you are saying, but seeing that the TW site shows the non-trap door butt cap, I'm thinking that the newer nTour Two's have changed a little, probably to save money.

Well... let's hope that.
Is it headlight?
Also, take off the grips. Is the handle a yellowish hard foam, or is it just aluminum?

shogun90
05-19-2011, 12:28 PM
Well... let's hope that.
Is it headlight?
Also, take off the grips. Is the handle a yellowish hard foam, or is it just aluminum?

It had a yellow foam handle.

mrtrinh
05-19-2011, 12:36 PM

from the link you provided me, i do see a trap door on the picture of the tw link. wilson is also known for having terrible qc

shogun90
05-19-2011, 05:09 PM
from the link you provided me, i do see a trap door on the picture of the tw link. wilson is also known for having terrible qc

That is not a trap door butt cap, the trap door one is shinier.

nkbond
05-19-2011, 05:55 PM
just bought one from TW recently...no trap door and the graphics are different, just like yours.

No hologram sticker either.

The first thing I do is cut the extra quarter inch off the end of the stick, which requires removal of said butt cap and add lead to the grip.

The grip was identical to every other nTour or nTour Two I have shortened.

It is slightly lighter than my other nTour Two racquet. The feel is almost identical. I doubt if yours is fake...it sounds just like the ones TW is selling.

shogun90
05-19-2011, 06:11 PM
just bought one from TW recently...no trap door and the graphics are different, just like yours.

No hologram sticker either.

The first thing I do is cut the extra quarter inch off the end of the stick, which requires removal of said butt cap and add lead to the grip.

The grip was identical to every other nTour or nTour Two I have shortened.

It is slightly lighter than my other nTour Two racquet. The feel is almost identical. I doubt if yours is fake...it sounds just like the ones TW is selling.

Thanks for confirming it's the real thing. What are the specs of the racquet after shortening it?

nkbond
05-21-2011, 06:28 PM
Thanks for confirming it's the real thing. What are the specs of the racquet after shortening it?

I usually go for a total weight around 320...they end up 2-3 pnts head light. Not a bad stick for the price.

niktub
08-28-2011, 09:31 AM
I have just tried one and was impressed how nice it is.
This particular one had a black/red buttcap.Is it an older version?

user92626
08-28-2011, 09:53 AM
Do you guys think the orange color looks good? I like this racket, it looks like one of the blx's design, but I'm kinda taken back by the orange color!

niktub
08-28-2011, 10:01 AM
No.:razz:

Paul B 40-15
08-28-2011, 11:18 AM
what is the trap door buttcap for?

niktub
08-28-2011, 11:20 AM
Give you access.
Add silicone or lead to make the racquet more HL.

Xizel
08-28-2011, 11:26 AM
Eh, I also bought mine off The Bay and the characteristics are the same. A yellow handle without a trapdoor. What interests me is that the weight on the throat says 10.2, possibly unstrung. The info paper that came with it says 10.8. TW has it at 10.6. Does anyone know true weight, preferably strung? The varied stats also happened with the balance point. 2 HL, 1 HL, and 2 HH.

niktub
08-28-2011, 12:34 PM
Is your buttcap logo black/red ?

Xizel
08-28-2011, 12:46 PM
Is your buttcap logo black/red ?

It's a normal silver one.