PDA

View Full Version : Change for me

RoughOG
05-18-2011, 03:30 PM
So right now I use a [K]6.1 18x20 but am thinking of switching to Either a Pure Storm Tour,Pure Drive Roddick standard,Prestige Pro,IG Extreme Pro. If anyone has played with any of these sticks please leave your comments about them below.

-ROG

pyrokid
05-18-2011, 03:42 PM
The pure storm tour plays beautifully in very way. Heavy balls, spin is incredibly accessible, pace is no problem, volleys are like butter. It even feels amazing. The roddick feels sluggish to me and has no feel, and the power while about the same as the tour, feels unpredictable. The k90 is great feeling but lacks the power and spin of the other two while not really having anything to make up for it IMO.
Of those I would totally take the pure storm, but I think the other two would be more similar to the 95 you use now.

TheBoom
05-18-2011, 05:20 PM
I for one had trouble with the.pure storm tour. I have no idea why maybe it was the tension it was strung at? Balls were flying i'd look at tge aero storm tour over the pure strom. I haven't tried the extreme but really want too badly. Prestige pro is probably my favorite of the one's i've tried on your list

DustinW
05-18-2011, 06:05 PM
I switched from the BLX 6.1 18x20 to the Pure Storm Tour GT. Power is comparable between the two. The BLX swings a bit heavier. The BLX has a crisp feel to it, while the PST has a much softer feel. I found the PST to be more spin friendly, and have an overall more lively feel than the BLX (which really surprised me). And pyrokid is right, volleys with the PST "are like butter". I served a bit better with the BLX, but the PST is coming around.

got spin?
05-18-2011, 06:09 PM
go with a PS but opt for the LTD... Plays flawlessly and suprisingly more spin than its 98 sq. inch counterparts!

magnut
05-18-2011, 06:11 PM
Why are you switching?

DustinW
05-18-2011, 06:18 PM
Why are you switching?

The BLX hurts my shoulder. I've never had any racket hurt my shoulder, elbow, or anything else before... and it took about 6 months to start... but its definitely the BLX. I really loved the firm, crisp feel of the BLX, and I wouldn't have switched if I didn't have to.

RoughOG
05-18-2011, 06:27 PM
Why are you switching?
I have control spin is what I would like to gain. I have changed my technique a bit to get topspin with 18x20 yet figured it would be so much easier with an open pattern.

-ROG

pyrokid
05-18-2011, 07:03 PM
I have control spin is what I would like to gain. I have changed my technique a bit to get topspin with 18x20 yet figured it would be so much easier with an open pattern.

-ROG

Yep, spin is pretty ridiculous with the PST. I'd recomend it highly.

I would also stay away from the aero storm, personally... A lot about it just felt... Off. To me, and many others. The Pure Storm Ltd. feels like the PST but swings way lighter and has much less power.